• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gocubs

yep 1pm est.....and time is slowly ticking away.

6126402.jpg

That sucks i thought it was unlocking at 10 am est

The ingame editor only allows for "park" style functions, no shopping/farming etc. Basically its a empty building lot that you can outfit with decoration objects (happiness) and some utility objects like parking lots.

So is it true that even industrial buildings need recreation then? If so, then I suppose I could make a large park asset look like a field, and then place those around my farming industry. At least that way they'd still be useful.

Chariot

WTF. How can I read the PC gamer article on my phone? It automatically goes to some advertising website and don't let me get back to the article. This is some bullshit.

Alista

Seems to be getting pretty high and positive review scores and from what I've seen this looks deserved.

Hopefully the Mac/Linux versions perform as well as native Windows, but I've got high hopes given they're running on Unity. I just really want this to be good given the bitter taste in the mouth SimCity 2013 left me with.

WTF. How can I read the PC gamer article on my phone? It automatically goes to some advertising website and don't let me get back to the article. This is some bullshit.

Sounds like a problem with ad networks in general these days. Mobile redirecting ads are the worst.

I think I'll play SimCity for the possibly the last time as I wait until I can actually start downloading this game.

Noaloha

Spent my lunchtime doodling out an idea for a simple little stack exchange (a big traffic thingy that uses no interchanges) to sit at the heart of my nascency-cusped city.

ceiQedg.png

I am absolutely confident that this will be easy peasy to make and have a perfectly minimal footprint. Mmhm. Yep.

EDIT: oops, stack interchange, not exchange!

Chariot

Dolphin has ad-block app.
Urgh. Gonna get that when I'm home. I really don't mind advertising that helps these sides to live, but when they make it impossible to access the content, that's fucked up. Yes, PC Gamer, thanks for making me not support your site.

jiiikoo

Banned
Soooo a Macbook Pro with Intel Iris Graphics 6100 probably won't run this right?

I'm guessing it should, but not with high settings. Probably have to tone down the settings quite a bit. My girlfriend has been freaking about this too, she has a rMBP 13''.

DEO3

Spent my lunchtime doodling out an idea for a simple little stack exchange (a big traffic thingy that uses no interchanges) to sit at the heart of my nascency-cusped city.

ceiQedg.png

I am absolutely confident that this will be easy peasy to make and have a perfectly minimal footprint. Mmhm. Yep.

I'm curious if there's a size limit on interchanges that can be made in the interchange editor, I can't wait to see the crazy stuff people come up with and upload to the workshop.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nothing could possib-lie go wrong.

I just noticed this was 16GBP on GMG's VIP section. Might just have to buy this >_<

Yeah I had to buy it to encourage more awesomeness from GMG. The VIP deals makes me less sour that they removed the USD option :p

devonodev

The few review scores are pretty good so far, but what's even better is what is actually said in the reviews. Even if this isn't getting 10/10, it's set the standard for city builders.

The game will be playable at around 4am my time, so I'm going to sleep and miss the launch hype, but tomorrow will be a good day.

eot

Banned
It's a little disappointing that fire doesn't spread. An all consuming inferno is such a classic Sim City scenario.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It's a little disappointing that fire doesn't spread. An all consuming inferno is such a classic Sim City scenario.

It doesnt? Sure about that?

Just one more thing before I actually start playing the game. I should be fine with an i7-4700HQ, 8GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 760M, no? (It's definitely beyond minimum by a long shot, but I was wondering how high I can possibly push with 1080p.)

It doesnt? Sure about that?

Uncontrolled fires can be awful.

StayDead

Yeah I had to buy it to encourage more awesomeness from GMG. The VIP deals makes me less sour that they removed the USD option :p

I just purchased it. I'm currently employed with import figure orders set until the end of the year (all ordered last year when I was still being paid for being a carer) and no money to cover it. I need a job man. *rocks back and forth*

Psykoboy2

Just one more thing before I actually start playing the game. I should be fine with an i7-4700HQ, 8GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 760M, no? (It's definitely beyond minimum by a long shot, but I was wondering how high I can possibly push with 1080p.)

You'll be fine. This thing doesn't really push video cards. It's good to have a nice one, obviously, but the CPU is the focus here.

DrBo42

ceiQedg.png

EDIT: oops, stack interchange, not exchange!

Make sure to post if you ever make this a reality.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
How on earth wouldn't an i5 2500k run this game well when the FX-6300 is in the recommended slot? I thought the 2500k beat the FX by a bit

Just bought after the first wave of reviews. Before the game unlocks, I am going to uninstall every remnant of SimCity 2013 from my PC and promptly apologize to the HDD. 12 CT cant come soon enough.

SZips

How on earth wouldn't an i5 2500k run this game well when the FX-6300 is in the recommended slot? I thought the 2500k beat the FX by a bit

My i5-2500k runs it just fine. The only time I ever ran into issues is when I had a larger city and I was trying to record at 1080p to get some game footage. The CPU usage from the game really showed up in force then due to the agent simulation stuff.

When I wasn't recording, it was no issue.

t-ramp

Do abandoned buildings repopulate eventually? Seems like most of the streamers are just demolishing them.

And I'm expecting my 2500K to run this game absolutely fine.

spiritfox

Do abandoned buildings repopulate eventually? Seems like most of the streamers are just demolishing them.

And I'm expecting my 2500K to run this game absolutely fine.

They'll get replaced eventually. Burned down buildings need to be bulldozed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom