• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines |OT| Not Related to Cities XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGlass

Yeah got my Nuuvem key from the website. Now i just have to get home and activate it after work. Wish it could be done without the client.

asker

If fire doesn't spread, do you really need a fire department? What's the downside to letting the building burn and have the remains bulldozed and let the place rebuild itself?

OmegaDL50

I just activated my key from GMG on Steam.

Now just waiting for the game to unlock and start building my ideal metropolis. This is going to be awesome.

I'm sure there will be a mod for spreading some fire!

I'm excited for this, can't wait to get home and start playing. I was so, so disappointed in Sim City 2013. Such potential, all wasted.

Do abandoned buildings repopulate eventually? Seems like most of the streamers are just demolishing them.

And I'm expecting my 2500K to run this game absolutely fine.

This kind of sounds like a habit acquired from SimCity play. If I remember correctly, in SimCity 4 and earlier, buildings would eventually repopulate when abandoned but the perception was it was faster if you bulldozed it instead and let someone rebuild on top. I have no idea if this is actually true or if it ever stopped being true, but I remember that tip going around for a while.

Ooooh, look at these sexy things. Mmmm, curvy. Oh yeah. That's how I like it.
1362262449089.jpg
I need to see this in-game.

Shaldome

This kind of sounds like a habit acquired from SimCity play. If I remember correctly, in SimCity 4 and earlier, buildings would eventually repopulate when abandoned but the perception was it was faster if you bulldozed it instead and let someone rebuild on top. I have no idea if this is actually true or if it ever stopped being true, but I remember that tip going around for a while.

I think some streamers do it, because abandoned buildings lowers land value.

xBladeM6x

If they really want to add a sense of urgency to the game, make the winter season a thing, complete with a need to hire seasonal salting of the roads, plow trucks, more electricity production for heating homes. (Not for all maps, but specific ones)

Edit: Derp. Lol

Lach

If they really want to add a sense of urgency to the game, make the winter season a thing, complete with a need to hire seasonal salting of the roads, plow trucks, more electricity production for heating homes. (Not for all maps, but specific ones)

Oh...this sounds like a really great DLC idea!
Maybe add leafs in Autmn which have to be cleared from the roads. The more trees you have in the vicinity of the road the worse the situation...

spiritfox

Also, I thought people's designs in live streams were unbelievably crowded and complex, but it seems they weren't far off from reality. Lol

That's a photoshop.

Im happy I will finally have a game that pushes my brand spankin new cpu. I have an i5-4690k. Still stock because all Ive played is diablo 3 and WoW on my PC. If this game gives me a reason to OC, then Ill be happy.

Sucks Im working both jobs tonight. I really wont be able to get at this til tomorrow evening.

U2NUMB

I am new to GMG... so I assume the VIP version is the same as the normal version? So it will come with a steam key?

Waited an hour, hopefully refreshed the store page. Damn it!
It's been March 10th for 16 hours already. The lack of a countdown timer is making me nervous.

bjaelke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006942.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Cities: Skylines -- MB-1DDC2EEC7FF6A1E3 - Taken by Complex Shadow. 66 entrants total.

t1426002442z1.png
Last chance to enter the raffle.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You're a lucky individual.

Boss perks :p!

Haven't been pumped for a game in several months (since Smash); its kinda funny its a city-building simulator but the hundreds of hours in SimCity 3000, SimCity4, even the several dozen hours in SC4 (and other tycoon games!) have made this way too compelling for me.

Looking at Skye's deathcare problem..... he seems convinced that crematoriums are the answer, which he seems to have way more than enough, but his graveyards have been at capacity for awhile now. Could it be that both graveyards and crematoriums are needed - and that crematoriums alone can't do the job? Any other streamers address this?

Megasoum

Banned
Looking at Skye's deathcare problem..... he seems convinced that crematoriums are the answer, which he seems to have way more than enough, but his graveyards have been at capacity for awhile now. Could it be that both graveyards and crematoriums are needed - and that crematoriums alone can't do the job? Any other streamers address this?

I think you can run with only crematoriums.

The problem most people have with that stuff is not total capacity (the easy thing to gauge since it's right there in the UI). The problem is more coverage and accessibility. You can have 1000 crematoriums but if they don't have good access to the dead bodies then it's not gonna work. You have to take the traffic and the one way streets and all that stuff into account.

Grief.exe

There may be something else at play here. In reality, crematoriums and graveyards are a personal choice.

The streamers may be assuming that one building is better tham another, like incinerators over trash dumps, but the reality is the citizens may want to make the decisions for themselves.

I just thought of a great building mod. Incinerator/Crematorium. The perfect building for the malevolent dictator with am air for efficient power generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom