• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

ily bro

I do have it tied to it but the only other device I own is an iPhone and idk if I can recover my account with that. Should I try an android emulator?

If there's a way to do that, it's definitely worth a shot. I would say your account is safe as long as you have it tied to a google account, but actually playing it might require an emulator or another android device :X

Xeteh

If there's a way to do that, it's definitely worth a shot. I would say your account is safe as long as you have it tied to a google account, but actually playing it might require an emulator or another android device :X

Alright, so I recovered my account on an emulator. It isn't letting me chat in clan chat though.

Otherwise I can donate cards and continue to play. SO DON'T KICK ME JUST YET FERNY!

Alright, so I recovered my account on an emulator. It isn't letting me chat in clan chat though.

Otherwise I can donate cards and continue to play. SO DON'T KICK ME JUST YET FERNY!

AWRIGHT

It probably isn't you chat because chat is usually done through a phones chat app, and it probably doesn't recognize keyboard?

Xeteh

AWRIGHT

It probably isn't you chat because chat is usually done through a phones chat app, and it probably doesn't recognize keyboard?

I can type up a message but nothing will let me hit enter to submit the message. Unless there is something I'm missing. If I click the blue chat bubble on the bottom right of the clan window it lets me input text but I can't submit it. Its strange.

Yeah, nothing I do lets me chat in the clan chat but I can do everything else, I can donate cards and request cards.

Edit: Nevermind, burn it down. I keep losing.

Remy

As soon as I post this, five spots will be open in the original NeoGAF clan. Thanks to the remaining 45 members of the clan for a combined 4,433 donations on the week!

Spots will be awarded first come first serve, but priority for the first hour will be given if you include your GAF username in the clan request message. (I recommend using "(USER) from NeoGAF" as the message, as we had a bunch of requests get censored over the last week and I couldn't actually read the user names.)

EDIT: Spots are now open.

LProtag

Just opened my first magical chest, and I have some options now. What sort of deck should I cobble together out of these cards?

Knight
Archer
Bomber
Musketeer
Arrows
Fireball
Giant
Goblin Hut
Skeleton Army
Valkyrie
Goblins
Spear Goblins
Mini PEKKA
Skeletons
Minons
Lightning
Bomb Tower

I have no idea what I'm doing and what I should be leveling up, haha.

Just applied to the guild as well.

Ferny

TOO LATE!!

lol kidding. Glad it worked on the emulator man. I may need to do that to keep the game going while im on my work laptop :D

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Is this Tower Wars \ Wintermaul Wars?

WC3 custom maps keep delivering.

Future

Just opened my first magical chest, and I have some options now. What sort of deck should I cobble together out of these cards?

Knight
Archer
Bomber
Musketeer
Arrows
Fireball
Giant
Goblin Hut
Skeleton Army
Valkyrie
Goblins
Spear Goblins
Mini PEKKA
Skeletons
Minons
Lightning
Bomb Tower

I have no idea what I'm doing and what I should be leveling up, haha.

Just applied to the guild as well.

I'm not awesome at this game or anything, but you have most of my deck in there

Giant good for defense By absorbing damage or offensive slow push with minion backup

m. Pekka fast glass cannon that can punish mistakes. Great for pushing the opposite lane quickly or killing a giant. I win so many matches by dropping him at the right moment, and then what usually happens is people panic and try to counter him after its too late wasting more mana and disrupting their plans

Goblin Hut to apply pressure on one side and tick down a tower, or support a push.

Bomber to counter tiny minion hordes

Musketeer is a good all around. Good damage to everything, including towers, and needed for that anti air

Arrow is a good instant counter. I've been rolling with bombers since they counter the same thing but arrows are better for goblin barrels and anti air

Archer or spear goblins for another anti air option

Knight is an alright mini tank. I've replaced him with barbarians

Skeleton army to counter Giants or princes. You can also pre drop them with a giant if you think the opponent doesn't have arrows. They can take down towers and protect the giant, but instant die to Valkyries or arrows or bombers so can be dangerous

Xeteh

TOO LATE!!

lol kidding. Glad it worked on the emulator man. I may need to do that to keep the game going while im on my work laptop :D

I'm going to see if I can find one that will let me send messages but yeah, its sad the first thing I thought when my tablet died was "aw fuck, i'm gonna lose my clash account"

Edit: Apparently that emulator had malware. So that's out!

Ocho

There's a way to link your android and iOS devices with the same 'account'. Check 'link device'/

Xeteh

There's a way to link your android and iOS devices with the same 'account'. Check 'link device'/

I just found that. I was concerned I couldn't do it because I couldn't turn on my tablet at all to get a link code, but I downloaded another emulator and did it from there. Just got it installed on my phone.

Thanks!

J0dy77

I finally hit 1100, and then I got pushed down to under 900 with consecutive losses. Sometimes the balance and matchmaking just feels off.

The frustrating part is when you climb a bit and then consistently lose to higher cards and higher level players. Having to fight through extra tower damage and hp as well as stronger cards can be rage inducing. Especially when a lot of those games are coming down to the wire.

It was clearly their intention to design the game this way to make people buy and buy and buy so they can reach that next tier.

Trojan

This game is so fun and frustrating at the same time. Great play mechanics and it's surprisingly deep, but the auto-play nature of the units drives me crazy sometimes with how they will get kited. In the grand scheme of things, one of the best F2P games I've played but those mechanics still are grating sometimes.

Arena 6 and 7 are tough. They start using deck builds revolving around big fat units that require something like magma tower. Ugh.

To be honest golem and pekka haven't really given me much issue. Barbs alone can destroy them. I almost always lose to hog freeze decks though, plus those asses who have Xbow decks. People who are really good with Mirror also wreck me.

I think it's probably because my decks are mostly control decks, so I lose a lot to rush decks. I got absolutely SMASHED yesterday by a Dual Princes + Mirror. Barbs can't handle dark prince well. :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The only card I really wish I had is a skeleton army. They're so bloody annoying when the opponent drops one on your prince

Xeteh

I was on around 1200, and have literally been gang banged down to around 900 by losing a crapton in a row. I'm not impressed.

I was stuck around 1000-1100 for nearly a week. Had a random streak up to 1325, thinking things had finally turned around. Some how go matched in to two Arena 5 games only to lose both and tumble back down to 1050.

I was stuck around 1000-1100 for nearly a week. Had a random streak up to 1325, thinking things had finally turned around. Some how go matched in to two Arena 5 games only to lose both and tumble back down to 1050.
This is what's been happening to me. The game keeps putting me in arena 5 even though I'm clearly outmatched. Nearly every match is with someone a level higher and with higher level cards. Arena 4 is my limit for now.

Haines

Banned
I want to play this but I'm scared of getting addicted to a f2p game when I have tons of console games to play.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Arena 6 and 7 are tough. They start using deck builds revolving around big fat units that require something like magma tower. Ugh.

Yup 100% of the decks I face are of this variety. Pekka push decks are nearly impossible to stop once they get rolling. Pekka just too much health and one shots everything.

I wonder if the matchmaking is designed to drive up the average cash spent, rather than to ensure that players progress steadily with a roughly 50/50 W/L record.

For instance, a mean trick for getting people to dump money into a game: after they have a bit of success, hammer them back down really hard and discourage them (with the hope that they'll try to compensate with cash). Playing armchair psychologist, I can imagine that might induce more purchasing than a matchmaking system in which things are consistently super balanced and most folks very slowly progress at a steady rate. That feeling of steady progression would (I'm guessing) be too satisfying.

I wonder if the matchmaking is designed to drive up the average cash spent, rather than to ensure that players progress steadily with a roughly 50/50 W/L record.

For instance, a mean trick for getting people to dump money into a game: after they have a bit of success, hammer them back down really hard and discourage them (with the hope that they'll try to compensate with cash). Playing armchair psychologist, I can imagine that might induce more purchasing than a matchmaking system in which things are consistently super balanced and most folks very slowly progress at a steady rate. That feeling of steady progression would (I'm guessing) be too satisfying.

The amount of data they have on everyone to try to manipulate situations like this is kind of scary to think about

I doubt it, but I wouldn't be completely surprised. I've definitely struggled around 1200, launched up to 1640ish then dropped back down to 1200 again. Now steadily getting back up, but it seems like everyone has these huge drops of several hundred every now and then.

LycanXIII

Game needs some "fuck you" emotes. How I feel after a majority of my last second losses.

Also hate that I'm lvl 5 and Arena 3, but still don't have a Prince card.

The only card I really wish I had is a skeleton army. They're so bloody annoying when the opponent drops one on your prince

So thankful the Army was one of my first drops. Saved me so many times by surrounding Giants and Princes.

PrinceKee

I really wish I get the skeleton army already. Almost to level 5 and still waiting.

What are you guys elixir rating on your builds? I tried a 4.0 deck and got crushed earlier my main deck is 3.6 and it's decent. Started trying a low 2.8 deck and have won some games with it by overwhelming both sides...

JDdelphin

I really wish I get the skeleton army already. Almost to level 5 and still waiting.

What are you guys elixir rating on your builds? I tried a 4.0 deck and got crushed earlier my main deck is 3.6 and it's decent. Started trying a low 2.8 deck and have won some games with it by overwhelming both sides...

I'm almost level 7 and don't have the skeleton army :p

One way to make money would be to pay for a variety of 'fuck you' or 'fuck off' match comment options.

So many trollish jerks, there's money to be made giving the match 'emojis/comments' a mute button...

Either let me flip people off or just not deal with players who outmatch you then give you a cry-face haha

Maximus P

They're nerfing x-bow right?

I seem to be coming across lots of people using the same tactics now.They drop an x-bow,put up a high level tesla then spam low cost troops to stop me from getting close.

Very hard to counter.

Edit: and I agree with the 'fuck you' emote suggestion.I need to use it on those guys that say 'thanks' after they steamroll you.

sackninja

Sent a request to the GAF account.

Really enjoying the game so far, just wish I could get a skeleton army and baby dragon. Have gotten a withc and skeleton giant but they don't seem too great.

Future

Well since matchmaking is based on trophy level and sometimes to get matched with players 2 levels above you, I'd imagine some "monetization matchmaking" is happening. If I go on a win streak, without fail I get matched with a large level gap. It could be the odds of that happening are just high of that happening but wouldn't be surprised if that match is weighted more the more I win (and don't pay)

JoeNut

at least with this game it doesnt cost you coins to play, you can play and lose as much as you want, with CoC it cost you just to look through bases to attack!

ultron87

Got a giant chest. Now I have 161 tesla towers. Hmm. I know they are good but defensive buildings just aren't my style!

Top Bottom