• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloudberry Kingdom |OT| You are already dead

Dawg

Cloudberry_Kingdom_Hero.jpg

Trailer: Cloudberry Kingdom Official Trailer
Publisher: Ubisoft
Developer: Pwnee Studios
Price: 9,99$ / €9,99 / £7.99 (?)

Release Date:

• Playstation 3 July 30th
  • Steam July 31st
  • Xbox 360 July 31st
  • Wii U August 1st
  • Vita, Mac, Linux Fall 2013
Infinite Levels

In this game, the AI how to make levels at just the right difficulty for every player. No matter how good you get, the AI will always serve up another level that can challenge your skills.

No matter how hard the levels get, they are always possible. The AI takes care to design levels that can always be beat.

scr_shot_5.jpg

scr_shot_2.jpg

scr_shot_3.jpg

Hero Selection

Design your own physics in Hero Factory. Add a jetpack or strap yourself to a wheel. Adjust gravity, friction, and a dozen other parameters. Afterward the AI will make levels custom made for your new hero physics.

Multiple Game Modes, 4 Player Multiplayer, and Bungee Co-Op

Up to four player gaming with local multi-player and Co-Op modes, including bungee mode, where all players are tethered together and must collaborate to clear a level.

Experience three different types of play with friends or solo: Story mode, Free Play, and the infinite Arcade mode which includes four different games with global online leaderboards.

Celebrity Voice Acting!!!

Kevin Sorbo.

Why? WHY NOT!

kevin-sorbo-en-hercules.jpg

Can't decide?

isKzsYIQTiaac.gif

Also, here is a video of me being awful at the game

I love the idea of randomly generated platformer levels, but I'm concerned about the difficulty being insane. Also I'm not in love with the style.

I'll give it a chance though.

Salsa

I really dislike the look of the game

but ive heard enough good things to give it a shot

will get on steam later

I managed to try this a few months back and been looking forward to it ever since. Was surprised to see such little talk surrounding it, but it feels like one of those games that will become popular through word of mouth.

Just need to decide whether I'm getting it on Steam or PSN!

Refyref

I love the idea of randomly generated platformer levels, but I'm concerned about the difficulty being insane. Also I'm not in love with the style.

I'll give it a chance though.

You can change the amount of everything thrown, so it isn't necessarily difficult unless you want it to be. Although I'm not sure if this is in every mode.

Mr.Ock

Hoping not to get disappointed by this. Not really digging the art style, and I'd like to play the Vita version... well, I'll still buy it on PS3, gameplay looks quite solid

IamAwake

Just finished my review of the game! (Don't know if I can link or not...) Cloudberry Kingdom is easily one of the best indie games of the year.

Dawg

The character in the gif jumps after walking off edges a bunch of times, is there a double jump or something?

There is. Double Jump is a seperate "skill". You also have a jetpack, a toy horse that keeps jumping and a stone wheel where your character is attached to the weel and it keeps on rolling even if you want to stop.

You can even play invisible.

Withnail

That GIF was released by the dev and I think they've cranked everything up to max and then got the AI to play the level automatically. But releasing it as marketing material was a bad decision IMO because it will just put a lot of people off.

Refyref

That GIF was released by the dev and I think they've cranked everything up to max and then got the AI to play the level automatically. But releasing it as marketing material was a bad decision IMO because it will just put a lot of people off.

Yea, the difficulty is entirely customizable.

They've said that every single level that gets generated is possible to complete, so I don't think there's anything wrong there.

If anything, it's a demonstration of the procedural level generator and how crazy things can get.

Edit: Ah, just got your point. Yeah, I can see how that might turn off some players.

wrowa

I think it's pretty hypnotizing.

jlevel13

The art style is incredibly unappealing. It really turns me off from even giving the game a chance (is there a demo on psn?)... I'm not sure I even want to look at that shit for free.

Dawg

Don't forget that we like it hard video from last year kickstarter.
I'll probably never be able to finish a level like that.

You can enable slow-motion and a CPU ghost that shows you the most viable path so you can have a better chance.

The replay doesn't show you using slow motion and the ghost, so it looks like you're all pro and stuff.

Kouriozan

You can enable slow-motion and a CPU ghost that shows you the most viable path so you can have a better chance.

The replay doesn't show you using slow motion and the ghost, so it looks like you're all pro and stuff.
Interesting :p
I'll probably get it on Wii U.

Glix

I've been interested in this for a long time, Metz talking it up like crazy on NWR...

but I just DETEST the visual look. It's so flash-gamey... and this is from a guy that adores Binding of Isaac.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There is. Double Jump is a seperate "skill". You also have a jetpack, a toy horse that keeps jumping and a stone wheel where your character is attached to the weel and it keeps on rolling even if you want to stop.

You can even play invisible.

Nice to know there's a bunch of extra stuff beyond just the basic platformer necessities. I've been looking forward to this, as long as they nailed the physics.

I've been interested in this for a long time, Metz talking it up like crazy on NWR...

but I just DETEST the visual look. It's so flash-gamey... and this is from a guy that adores Binding of Isaac.

True, although I think the character customisation makes up for that a bit - there are some really great little things in there.

Prophane33

Our initial inspiration for Cloudberry Kingdom was actually Super Mario 3
From the developer. Really all I needed to know. I've heard good things on podcasts, will definitely pick this up.

panda21

The art style is incredibly unappealing. It really turns me off from even giving the game a chance (is there a demo on psn?)... I'm not sure I even want to look at that shit for free.

yeah i'm not sure what it reminds me of (reddit memes?) but its pretty terrible

Amir0x

Banned
I hope I can make a level so hard that it's just like playing a bullet hell game instead of a platformer...

*looks at gif*

well close enough

Tenki

I've been following the game since the Kickstarter, when it was a PC and Wii U game. I'll probably buy it on Thursday, when it hits the eShop.

bon

I remember seeing an early video of this game, and I thought "well, the placeholder graphics look really lazy and ugly, but I bet it'll look okay when it's finished."

Refyref

Well, I finished my stream.
It seems they have added some content. The game itself is still pretty much the same as it was some months ago, it seems they have used it mostly for polish, and implementing the new style.
It also seems they have removed the lyrics from the songs that had them. :p
Anyway, the game is pretty fun, although probably fits shorter bursts of play sessions.

Also, I kinda liked the style it had back in the KS days, I wouldn't mind an option to switch to them. :p

Top Bottom