• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN severs ties w/ DNC chair Brazile for sharing Dem primary debate q's with Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

Bernie got royally screwed during the primaries. If the Dems lose this election in a miraculous fashion, they have no one to blame but their corrupt-selves.

Maxim726X

No, it was against Bernie, but these are all things that impact the National Election.

Yep, it's just more fuel for the 'Crooked Hillary' angle.

This election can't come soon enough. Part of me still hopes that the party is sitting on a juicy Trump tape to release this week... There's gotta be something else.

No, it was against Bernie, but these are all things that impact the National Election.

True, especially considering Trump almost always mentions in his stump speech that Bernie was cheated in the Dem. primaries. He wants disgruntled bernie supporters to vote for him and against hilary

Great cant wait for news networks to pick this up with "moderator gave clinton questions before debate.".
Just today theres still news outlets still saying the Clinton email probe was reoopened.

Steel

Banned
Also guys, come on, every network has people on air that has ties to campaigns. All of them. The difference here is, she was giving questions before hand to a campaign.

Literally two questions from two events(debate and town hall) that she got separate from her job at CNN from individuals not even working for CNN. She had no legal or contractual obligation not to share them once she became DNC head.

Now, if the Kremlin would see fit to release the other side's emails constantly through wikileaks I wonder what we'd find on Trump's end.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
It doesn't even sound like she got actual questions. It's sounds more like she found out one of the question askers was from Flint and her family had lead poisoning. Who would have thought a townhall in Michigan would have a question about Flint's lead poisoning scandal? Clearly neither candidate would have prepared for a lead question without previous knowledge. :/

Steel

Banned
It doesn't even sound like she got actual questions. It's sounds more like she found out one of the question askers was from Flint and her family had lead poisoning. Who would have thought a townhall in Michigan would have a question about Flint's lead poisoning scandal? Clearly neither candidate would have prepared for a lead question without previous knowledge. :/

No. Please, don't make sense. We're busy frothing at the mouth at all the corruption.

No. Please, don't make sense. We're busy frothing at the mouth at all the corruption.

The question and the email matched almost word for word...

Steel

Banned
The question and the email matched almost word for word...

That's not the point. She didn't get the question because of her corrupt ties to CNN. She got neither question from her job at CNN. It's not illegal to share the questions if she got them. She did not get a list of all the questions, she got one for two events. And even if Hillary didn't get the Flint question beforehand she'd have to have a major brain hemorage to not see that question coming.

Fox Mulder

Bernie got royally screwed during the primaries. If the Dems lose this election in a miraculous fashion, they have no one to blame but their corrupt-selves.

They'll just blame millennials and Bernie people for the loss even though hillary is unpopular. Shes lucky to be running against Trump really.

Dierce

From top to bottom the deck was stacked against him, the leaks proves it. The rest is just semantics.

He wasn't a Democrat to begin with and he is back to being an independent. He had no right to come in and hijack the Democratic party. Populist garbage is why we have a turd mother fucker like trump in the first place. I hope the Democratic party never adopts such a stupid and irrational rhetoric.

TyrantII

Bernie doesn't seem to think so. He seems pretty happy at a shot at the budget committee, where in a Dem congress he'll have major control over policy.

People don't like knowing how the sausage is made or what happens in the slaughter house. But they love themselves some steak, sausage, and bacon.

Revolver

CNN is pretty up front with who he is and why he is there. Nobody expects him to be objective. Regardless, that is an issue with the decisions CNN has made for their opinion segments (and I have a gripe with that setup as you probably do), but it isn't comparable at all to the reasons that CNN is removing Donna.

It's not comparable because we don't have any juicy hacked emails. Lewandowski is in contact with Trump on a daily basis, traveled with the campaign, hid his face getting off the plane, takes calls from Trump while on the air, reportedly involved with debate prep. But CNN feels "uncomfortable" with Donna. Anyway, I'm not defending Donna for what she did at all but there should be an equal measure applied.

That's not the point. She didn't get the question because of her corrupt ties to CNN. She got neither question from her job at CNN. It's not illegal to share the questions if she got them. She did not get a list of all the questions, she got one for two events. And even if Hillary didn't get the Flint question beforehand she'd have to have a major brain hemorage to not see that question coming.

I think part of her problem, though, is that the phrase "well it's not actually illegal" does seem to dog her somewhat.

Debirudog

Gee I wonder what the Hillary camp is like? Probably good 'ol folk and a swell 'ol time.

at least they don't have some high holy than thou complex and yelling everything is corrupt and rigged when Sanders wasn't able to win the minority due to his own messaging; but nope, blame the DNC.

nemesun

Prepare for disappointment when everyone blames Bernie and reddit kids instead.

I hear you, a tiny minority of Hillary supporters are pure vicious when it comes to defending her campaign at any cost. If she was campaigning against a half decent politician, she would have been sunk long ago. This election has been absolutely horrid.

That is the point. She used her position to get a question early to a specific candidate. Nobody is talking about legalities, but it is ethically wrong.

at least they don't have some high holy than thou complex and yelling everything is corrupt and rigged when Sanders wasn't able to win the minority due to his own messaging; but nope, blame the DNC.

Are you saying the DNC did not favour Clinton, even ever so slightly? None? Zilch? Nada?

You can argue about how much of an actual benefit getting the question provided, but you really can't make a case it wasn't unethical. It sucks, but dems are just going to have to take the L and hopefully learn something.

It's not comparable because we don't have any juicy hacked emails. Lewandowski is in contact with Trump on a daily basis, traveled with the campaign, hid his face getting off the plane, takes calls from Trump while on the air, reportedly involved with debate prep. But CNN feels "uncomfortable" with Donna. Anyway, I'm not defending Donna for what she did at all but there should be an equal measure applied.

What equal measure isn't being applied? As far as I know Corey hasn't been caught doing anything similar to what Donna has been accused of.

Maxim726X

No. He lost by millions of votes. Donna Brazile isn't the reason he didn't get those millions of votes, nor is the DNC.

Yeah, he lost by a lot. Probably doesn't matter.

Does disturb me to see the number of people hand-waving this away as if it's no big deal... If this were to happen to Trump, it would be a 30 page thread already.

Steel

Banned
That is the point. She used her position to get a question early to a specific candidate. Nobody is talking about legalities, but it is ethically wrong.

Why? Before she became a superdelegate she was always outspoken for Clinton, it's not like she hid her bias. It's up to the debate moderators to keep the questions under wraps, it's not up to partisans like her to keep it secret. And, again, we're talking literally two questions for two different events, one of which was so painfully obvious that it was pointless to even leak.

From top to bottom the deck was stacked against him, the leaks proves it. The rest is just semantics.

Bullshit. Bernie lost because he did next to no campaign efforts in key primary states, had basically one rally speech he kept reusing, had some answers to questions that really turned off moderates, and because Hillary Clinton is the candidate with a history of getting shit done to back up her promises.

And I'm glad Bernie lost the primaries, because I know of MANY conservatives who are currently willing to vote for Hillary but would never have voted for Bernie even with Trump as the GOP nominee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom