• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN severs ties w/ DNC chair Brazile for sharing Dem primary debate q's with Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilary and friends have made a ton of progress winning over former Bernie voters since she clinched the nomination. This revelation may be a giant step backwards and Bernie voters may be pissed again

studyguy

I don't buy the idea that there's gonna be some groundswell of support against her from angry Sanders supporters who were hiding out somewhere sorry. In fact I don't believe this story makes it beyond the 8th if nothing happens before then.

Caja 117

Hilary and friends have made a ton of progress winning over former Bernie voters since she clinched the nomination. This revelation may be a giant step backwards and Bernie voters may be pissed again

I thought this was known for a while now and this is just the consequence of such leak.

Chiggs

Gold Member

Well, they already know the better Democratic candidate was not fielded...this just makes them angrier?

Ponn

Banned
Because some people just don't know how to let shit go.

I really don't think being critical of DNC bias to one candidate should be entirely let go. Right now, yes liberals should unite to make sure Trump doesn't get elected and make sure the GOP lose big. This though needs to be addressed and cannot be handwaived off if you want people to have any sense of trust in our political system.

Elandyll

Banned
Is anyone really surprised at this point after the previous DNC leak? They wanted Clinton to win and conspired to do so.
Nobody is surprised that the DNC would favor Clinton.
Bernie was literally running against the DNC (establishment).

Now favoring is different from "conspiring", or actual rigging, which Bernie supporters often imply. There is 0 actual proof that the voting itself was influenced, obviously.
Clinton won the primaries by a wide margin, and being linked to many several issues (realism of policy and financing, bi partisan work and being able to maneuver around/ with opposition have been big ones, for me at least).

Liberty4all

Banned
I don't buy the idea that there's gonna be some groundswell of support against her from angry Sanders supporters who were hiding out somewhere sorry. In fact I don't believe this story makes it beyond the 8th if nothing happens before then.

Maybe... I think it could effect undecideds who decide the "she's corrupt" narrative to be true.

I know I think it is.

Doubt it. There are only two types of Bernie fans at this point:

- Those that realize Hillary has adopted most of Bernie's platform, that Bernie clearly wants Hillary to win, that Hillary is way better than Trump, that Hillary has a history of getting shit done, and/or that Bernie lost by too large of a margin for it to have been due to "rigging".

- Those that were only voting for Bernie as an antiClinton vote and refuse to ever acknowledge the facts because they care more about being antiestablishment than actually helping people.

Now favoring is different from "conspiring", or actual rigging, which Bernie supporters often imply. There is 0 actual proof that the voting itself was influenced, obviously.
Clinton won the primaries by a wide margin, and being linked to many several issues (realism of policy and financing, bi partisan work and being able to maneuver around/ with opposition have been big ones, for me at least).

Agreed. And let's just ask one very important question here to understand how not serious this is:

Does anyone REALLY think that Hillary, the overpreparer, wouldn't have had a good answer about Flint if Donna didn't tell her about that question beforehand?

Literally the only time Hillary has sucked about answering questions is when she was asked about the email server and she wasted time overexplaining the email server instead of her more recent answers of "It was stupid of me to have done it and the FBI felt there was not enough to press charges. Sorry."

Eidan

To further add to this, Clinton was the favored candidate of the DNC in 2008 as well.

studyguy

Maybe... I think it could effect undecideds who decide the "she's corrupt" narrative to be true.

I know I think it is.

There was virtually no change post Comey on Friday. The narrative is done and baked in for those who think that already. Assuming this will swing anything is needless handwringing.

Xyrmellon

Maybe she only shared two questions cause it's all she could get? You know damn well she'd have given the Clinton folks the whole set if she could.

Maybe she only shared two questions cause it's all she could get? You know damn well she'd have given the Clinton folks the whole set if she could.

Please. Stop fooling yourself into thinking that whether or not she knew about two questions made any difference. Clinton is that nerdy student who spends hours and hours studying for the tests, aces those tests, then gets accused by underperforming students of only having done so well due to cheating.

This wasn't some curveball question. This was something that any politician paying attention would have known how to answer.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Legitimate question, is her job at the DNC not full time or are you just being a smart ass.
She's the interim DNC chair because the former chair had to resign after being caught favoring the Clinton campaign. The same day Clinton hired her to some honorary position within her campaign.

It's a joke. Because the same exact thing just happened.

Please. Stop fooling yourself into thinking that whether or not she knew about two questions made any difference. Clinton is that nerdy student who spends hours and hours studying for the tests, aces those tests, then gets accused by underperforming students of only having done so well due to cheating.

This wasn't some curveball question. This was something that any politician paying attention would have known how to answer.

She was given the question anyways. A nerdy cheater is still a cheater. Why do you think she had a privare server in her own house to be begin with?

You americans have two shitty candidates.

Sony

Nintendo

Why are you so focussed on what the content of the question was rather than the fact that a question was shared? x+3=4 is an easy to solve equation, but if someone would tell me the answer to this question prior to a test, it would still be cheating.

MBison

I don't know how any self respecting Bernie supporter could shove their morals under a rug and vote for Clinton. I know I'm not. This revelation about Brazille is just another in a long line of news about the primary.

She was given the question anyways. A nerdy cheater is still a cheater. Why do you think she had a privare server in her own house to be begin with?

We really don't. We have one horrendously bad candidate and another that we know more about than probably any other in the history of presidential campaigns because of these leaks. I can't even fathom what might have been going on behind the scenes of previous campaigns but all of this stuff seems like the kind of scandals you'd expect from a student body president election.

Not to hand waive because I do find this kind of behavior disappointing but I'm mature enough to differentiate between dirty politics and... I really don't even know how to describe what Trump has going on.

First off thank you for outing yourself as yet another one of those ridiculous "both sides are bad" types. I'm not going to go into the long ass list of why Hillary is not comparable to a dumbass like Trump, but I'm just going to let you know that you sound stupid for the "both sides are bad" bullshit.

Second, read my earlier analogy. It's not like she had a fucking earpiece with someone telling her how to answer. She simply got a tip that honestly probably made no difference considering she would have had a good answer to a flint question even if she didn't get the tip. If you think Hillary needed that tip to do well with that question, then you clearly don't know jack shit about Hillary Clinton.

Third, would you care to elaborate how she was "cheating" by using a private email server? Is it going to involve some ridiculous conspiracy theory about how Hillary Clinton only avoided indictment due to connections?

Why are you so focussed on what the content of the question was rather than the fact that a question was shared? x+3=4 is an easy to solve equation, but if someone would tell me the answer to this question prior to a test, it would still be cheating.

Better analogy would be that Donna told Hillary "hey the math test is going to have a question involving basic algebra".

She wasn't told by Donna how she needs to answer. She was told about what the question would be about.

And I'm focused because the whole "this is such rigging" argument implies that this tip actually made any significant difference.

celljean89

Neo Member
Because fresh faces are much less biased.

Let's just make the standard that everyone gets all of the questions in advance. This should be a non-issue.

It's an issue with me, and only reason I support Hilary and the DNC is because of Trump and his fascist movement. The more DNC do dumb things, the more I'll be biting my tongue until after he election. I want unity under Hilary/Pence ticket.

Clockwork5

The interim DNC chair feeds questions to a single candidate after the previous DNC chair was forced to resign due to favoring that same candidate and people in these parts still can't understand how this undermined a presidential primary race?

Do Bernie voters suddenly prefer a narcissistic tyrant in the WH? I think they're ok with this 'revelation'.
I'm not and a large group of fellow afterberners I am in contact with are not as well. Granted, my support went to Trump as soon as I saw these emails (among other revelations provided by Wikileaks) I didn't need CNN to force her to resign in order to pull away from voting third party and vote for Trump.

This plus the reopening of the investigation of Pvt. Server has only reinforced my decision and again, a significant portion of former Bernie supporters I am still in contact with.

Dude Abides

Banned

Are you saying she had a private server to cheat at the debates? I can never tell which Clinton haters are joke posters.

The interim DNC chair feeds questions to a single candidate after the previous DNC chair was forced to resign due to favoring that same candidate and people in these parts still can't understand how this undermined a presidential primary race?

Didn't this happen before Schwartz resigned?

Glass Joe

A nerdy enough student would say "Hey professor, this test question was leaked to me in advance. I feel the fact that I was given the question is immoral and the one who gave it to me should be looked at."

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Whats the common thread here? 2 DNC chairs caught favoring their candidate. For w.e they want Hilary and nobody else and yes as a Bernie fan that's incredibly frustrating. I'm still voting Hilary because the alternative is the apocalypse, but I can't stand how this all played out

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why do you think she had a privare server in her own house to be begin with?

To dodge document retention laws--the same reason why politicians now "run into" lobbyists at their kids christmas concerts since they had to start keeping formal meeting records for document retention laws.

theecakee

Yeah idk I still voted for Hillary and would still today vote for her over Trump. Though I can't see myself defending her when people say she's corrupt or like buying a Clinton sign or something.

I get into this argument with people all the time but really it's the fault of the political parties for framing their primaries as if they're the playoffs before the Super Bowl when they're really not. The primaries are essentially focus testing that the country participates in to help the parties vet their candidate. In 2008 Hillary failed that process when Obama emerged as the more marketable candidate. This time they pushed her much more aggressively and told pretty much everyone that it was her turn and to get out of the way but Bernie spurned that guidance which is why they did nothing to help him and continued to groom Hillary.
FAT CHECK: We have far more than two.
This is also true but easy to forget.

Fixed1979

Didn't this happen before Schwartz resigned?

It would have, but it doesn't make it any more amusing that a replacement for Debbie ends up being accused of committing a similar faux pas. Hillary's campaign has been such a disaster as of late, it's a good thing for her she's up against Trump or else I feel she'd be in some serious fucking trouble this week.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A nerdy enough student would say "Hey professor, this test question was leaked to me in advance. I feel the fact that I was given the question is immoral and the one who gave it to me should be looked at."

This is actually what happened in the past, more or less. When someone mailed a video tape of GWB's debate prep sessions to Gore's debate prep chief, the guy promptly resigned from the campaign and turned over the tape to federal authorities. We still don't know if it was someone sympathetic to Gore trying to help the campaign or the Bush campaign deliberately trying to make the Gore campaign take the bait and then yell at them for cheating. Regardless, that's the above reproach way to deal with something like this.

The first response to this email should have been "Donna we appreciate the help but it's inappropriate for you to do this, and we're going to let the debate commission know we've been tipped off about this question".

USC-fan

Banned
I don't see how anyone can defend Sanders didn't get close to a fair election.

I can understand people voting for Clinton in swings states but I'm not in a swing state. Still voting for Sanders.

Not that this is a massive scandal or anything, but to think I let some of the PoliGAFfers almost convince me that this was just bad reporting on Politico's part when it was first reported a few weeks ago.

At least we've pretty much stopped hearing the inane, baseless nonsense about the emails possibly being tampered with or forged. Which actually I kind of missed, because it was a nice litmus test for whether someone will uncritically repeat any spin that benefits Clinton.

I don't know how any self respecting Bernie supporter could shove their morals under a rug and vote for Clinton. I know I'm not. This revelation about Brazille is just another in a long line of news about the primary.
When the two possibilities is a typical politician (in some ways that is - meaning, that yes, there is some dirty play obviously - but also not so typical in other ways - if you look at her history, it's pretty impressive in a lot of good ways) vs a pathological lying abuser monster, the winning of whom would be disastrous for the country and especially any minorities living in it in multiple ways, the choice is pretty clear for most of Bernie supporters.

I'm not and a large group of fellow afterberners I am in contact with are not as well. Granted, my support went to Trump as soon as I saw these emails (among other revelations provided by Wikileaks) I didn't need CNN to force her to resign in order to pull away from voting third party and vote for Trump.

This plus the reopening of the investigation of Pvt. Server has only reinforced my decision and again, a significant portion of former Bernie supporters I am still in contact with.
I can somewhat understand how a person would choose not to vote Clinton in protest and vote 3rd party (though I do think it's silly to be honest), but to vote for Trump instead?

The dude is corrupt as fuck. The dude is abuser of women. The dude is a pathological liar.

I'd say it's likely you never cared about Bernie's message.

Are you saying she had a private server to cheat at the debates? I can never tell which Clinton haters are joke posters.

First off thank you for outing yourself as yet another one of those ridiculous "both sides are bad" types. I'm not going to go into the long ass list of why Hillary is not comparable to a dumbass like Trump, but I'm just going to let you know that you sound stupid for the "both sides are bad" bullshit.

Second, read my earlier analogy. It's not like she had a fucking earpiece with someone telling her how to answer. She simply got a tip that honestly probably made no difference considering she would have had a good answer to a flint question even if she didn't get the tip. If you think Hillary needed that tip to do well with that question, then you clearly don't know jack shit about Hillary Clinton.

Third, would you care to elaborate how she was "cheating" by using a private email server? Is it going to involve some ridiculous conspiracy theory about how Hillary Clinton only avoided indictment due to connections?

Better analogy would be that Donna told Hillary "hey the math test is going to have a question involving basic algebra".

She wasn't told by Donna how she needs to answer. She was told about what the question would be about.

And I'm focused because the whole "this is such rigging" argument implies that this tip actually made any significant difference.

She knew what she was doing when she built that email server. You guys are so naive.

It may seem that America is fucked by having such horrible candidates. But do not worry, as dylan said we all gotta serve somebody

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6CwHby-YTNo

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This is actually what happened in the past, more or less. When someone mailed a video tape of GWB's debate prep sessions to Gore's debate prep chief, the guy promptly resigned from the campaign and turned over the tape to federal authorities. We still don't know if it was someone sympathetic to Gore trying to help the campaign or the Bush campaign deliberately trying to make the Gore campaign take the bait and then yell at them for cheating. Regardless, that's the above reproach way to deal with something like this.

The first response to this email should have been "Donna we appreciate the help but it's inappropriate for you to do this, and we're going to let the debate commission know we've been tipped off about this question".

I agree. The fact neither the DNC nor the Clinton campaign disclosed something like this speaks volumes of their ethical boundaries.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Whats the common thread here? 2 DNC chairs caught favoring their candidate. For w.e they want Hilary and nobody else and yes as a Bernie fan that's incredibly frustrating. I'm still voting Hilary because the alternative is the apocalypse, but I can't stand how this all played out

Fucking thank you

This all sucks. The race itself has been a disaster but we have to brush that aside to do whatever we can to keep Trump from winning.

Toxi

Banned

Yep. That the campaign didn't do that is pretty awful.
She knew what she was doing when she built that email server. You guys are so naive.

It may seem that America is fucked by having such horrible candidates. But do not worry, as dylan said we all gotta serve somebody

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6CwHby-YTNo
The private server has nothing to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom