• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Dina

A lot of challenges are weird tho. Take the scavenger one.

Get 2 kills without dying
Get 10 lethal grenade kills with resupplied grenades
Resupply 150 times with scavenger

I get the third, even if it is a bit grindy, but the second is kinda situational. The first I should be able to do in my first ever online multiplayer match. WTF?

These on the other hand:

Destroy 30 aircraft without killstreaks
Destroy 5 sentry guns
Kill 20 enemies while their spy plane or blackbird is up

Are totally dependable on the enemy, with the third one being a bit lucky as well.

Hardened seems like it'll take a long time, with Steady Aim taking not that long. Hardened requires you to specifically look for situations where you can maneuvre yourself into getting a point towards unlocking it, where Scout will come to you automatically.

Xater

dope4goldrope said:
Even that's really alleviated with Hacker, which lets you locate equipment. You could seriously probably fulfill that requirement in 2 or 3 games after having both perks.

It reminds me of the staple "WTF?" challenge since CoD4 which requires you to kill an enemy of by destroying equipment through penetration. Now THAT, was difficult.

Well yeah the Hacker solution would probably make it very easy. Then I guess I don't see anything that is out of the realm of possibility.

Destroy 30 aircraft without killstreaks
Destroy 5 sentry guns
Kill 20 enemies while their spy plane or blackbird is up

The first one is easy. Just equip a rocket launcher done. Destroying 5 sentry guns is probably pretty easy as long as you are in matches with them. The third one will probably happen as you play. People will start spy plane every minute, so killing a guy who started one is really not that hard.

Flak jacket looks useful. Too bad something like it wasn't in COD4 for the Wet Work map. That map turned into grenade hell every match and it was miserable. :lol

Dina said:
Hardened seems like it'll take a long time, with Steady Aim taking not that long. Hardened requires you to specifically look for situations where you can maneuvre yourself into getting a point towards unlocking it, where Scout will come to you automatically.

But why do you have Hardened equipped if you're not actively shooting people through walls? I can see that perspective if you're a completionist looking to unlock everything, but you shouldn't purchase/equip a perk if you don't intend to actually active use it.

I guess my point is that if it takes you forever to get 30 BP kills, maybe that's a sign that Hardened doesn't fit your playstyle.

Dina

divisionbyzorro said:
But why do you have Hardened equipped if you're not actively shooting people through walls? I can see that perspective if you're a completionist looking to unlock everything, but you shouldn't purchase/equip a perk if you don't intend to actually active use it.

I guess my point is that if it takes you forever to get 30 BP kills, maybe that's a sign that Hardened doesn't fit your playstyle.

Being able to shoot people through walls is still situational. The wall has to support it, you have to know they're there. Most of my wall-kills came from kills where I saw the guy first, but he sprinted/strafed behind a wall while he was taking dmg and some bullet finally finished him. You hardly kill people through a wall from 100% life. They'll be long gone by the time that happens.

Dina said:
Being able to shoot people through walls is still situational. The wall has to support it, you have to know they're there. Most of my wall-kills came from kills where I saw the guy first, but he sprinted/strafed behind a wall while he was taking dmg and some bullet finally finished him. You hardly kill people through a wall from 100% life. They'll be long gone by the time that happens.

The situation where you describe most of your 'wall kills' from still applies. You could shoot someone in plain sight 4 times and if they duck behind a wall and you fire the killshot that counts as a 'wall kill'.

ShogunX

RickA238 said:
Famas was my favorite gun in MW2, aside from the ACR. I've read that the Famas model in Black Ops will be the newer model "Famas 2." The Famas is a notoriously inaccurate gun in real life, however it was extremely accurate in MW2; Does anyone think the accuracy may be greatly decreased in BO due to it being the newer model?

It sucks that the ACR won't be included, even though it was a bit of a gamebreaker in MW2.

The Famas is no longer burst fire and is now fully automatic. It's still pretty accurate and has great mobility but your best going with the new G11 if you want accurate burst fire again. G11 seems to have a faster burst rate than the Famas did with little recoil and some of the best accuracy on the game.

G11 Gameplay

Shogun PaiN said:
The Famas is no longer burst fire and is now fully automatic. It's still pretty accurate and has great mobility but your best going with the new G11 if you want accurate burst fire again. G11 seems to have a faster burst rate than the Famas did with little recoil and some of the best accuracy on the game.

G11 Gameplay

It's also the Classified assault rifle, which I believe means that you'll have to buy all of the other assault rifles to unlock it.

ShogunX

divisionbyzorro said:
It's also the Classified assault rifle, which I believe means that you'll have to buy all of the other assault rifles to unlock it.

Not surprised as it looks to be a beast. The ever reliable M-16 should tide you over until you unlock it anyway.

RickA238

Shogun PaiN said:

Nice, that G11 sounds pretty good then. Although, it sounds like it will be considerably lower in damage/shot. I always used stopping power paired with the Famas in MW2, so with the exclusion of that perk I don't know if I will be able to make a comparable class build to the one I used last year.

Also, G11 is marked as "classified" in the OP; does that mean that it is the last one to unlock, or do you have to complete a challenge to use it?

Does anyone know the unlock order of the guns in MP; are they in the order listed in the OP? SPAS-12 is one of my favorite guns, it would suck if it were the third shotgun unlocked.

RickA238 said:
Also, G11 is marked as "classified" in the OP; does that mean that it is the last one to unlock, or do you have to complete a challenge to use it?
You have to buy all of the previous weapons in that category to unlock it.

Does anyone know the unlock order of the guns in MP; are they in the order listed in the OP? SPAS-12 is one of my favorite guns, it would suck if it were the third shotgun unlocked.

That's the order. I saw a video which detailed all of the unlock levels, I looked but couldn't find it. But I believe you unlock the SPAS-12 somewhere around level 33-38.

dope4goldrope said:
It reminds me of the staple "WTF?" challenge since CoD4 which requires you to kill an enemy of by destroying equipment through penetration. Now THAT, was difficult.
But wasn't earning that one so awesome...pretty sure it was called "How the....?" though. For me it was one of my best moments in COD4 that I probably couldn't replicate if I tried. I had my RPD with deep impact and saw a guy near a doorway. Wasn't even trying to shoot his claymore he'd planted there but I fluked it off and I guess there was another claymore on the other side of the entrance which then exploded killing another couple enemies. My screen lit up with so many challenge bonuses on that one and I just sat there with the biggest grin on my face at how lucky I was.

tuco11

"Ninja:
Get 15 backstabber medals
Plant the bomb in search and destroy 10 times
Get 150 kills using the suppressor attachment"

Well since i never play search and destroy this kind of sucks. Now i will be forced to play a mode I dont care for.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I know it has probably already been posted to death, but I just wanted to express my disappointment that Nazi Zombies has not been expanded to 4 player local coop play.

Not being so much into online play I would have used this a lot!!!

Hanmik

tuco11 said:
"Ninja:

Well since i never play search and destroy this kind of sucks. Now i will be forced to play a mode I dont care for.

Just go for it.. I didn´t like S&D in the beginning. But with the right people (like my clan-mates), S&D is the best gamemode of them all.. tactics play a bigger role, if you want to win.:!

tuco11 said:
"Ninja:

I don't play S and D either, but planting the bomb 10 times doesn't really seem all that difficult. I'm pretty sure you can do it multiple times in a single round just from the enemy defusing it too.

The 15 backstabber medals confuses me a little...does that mean 15 kills or something else, I don't get the reference to the medals.

RickA238

dope4goldrope said:
That's the order. I saw a video which detailed all of the unlock levels, I looked but couldn't find it. But I believe you unlock the SPAS-12 somewhere around level 33-38.

Damn, 33-38 seems pretty steep for a pump shotty; it was unlocked really early in MW2, like 10 or something (might have even been initial). What's the beat on those other shottys (Olympia, Stakeout)?

BTW, does everyone know about the sweet deal Amazon is running on this game? It's $60 for the game plus $20 worth of Amazon points:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JVF728/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Pretty sweet deal IMO.

ZeroRay

SnD is the best COD mode. Until MW2 fucked it up with those godamn perks and weapons, hopefully the same doesn't happen here.

bluehat9

Maybe the medals are like the things each player gets at the end of a MW2 match (killed entire enemy team, longest killstreak, highest kdr), and its one that keeps track of how many people you knifed from behind?

I don't really want to play SnD either, but I'll mess around with it until I get 10 plants and then not touch it until next prestige.

ShogunX

tuco11 said:
"Ninja:

So plant the bomb ten times and then never play it again. Personally think its a good idea to encourage people to play different game types who knows you may enjoy them.

ZeroRay said:
SnD is the best COD mode. Until MW2 fucked it up with those godamn perks and weapons, hopefully the same doesn't happen here.

On COD4 S&D was superb and was by far the most balanced gametype that rewareded the clever players and superior tactics. The big thing that killed it in MW2 is unlimited sprint and unbalanced maps. Same kind of deal for Capture the Flag - On COD2 CTF was brilliant and again rewarded tactical play. Unlimited sprint with CTF is an absolute joke.

Hanmik

a9qyvq.jpg

HAHA :lol :lol HAHA

RickA238 said:
Damn, 33-38 seems pretty steep for a pump shotty; it was unlocked really early in MW2, like 10 or something (might have even been initial). What's the beat on those other shottys (Olympia, Stakeout)?

BTW, does everyone know about the sweet deal Amazon is running on this game? It's $60 for the game plus $20 worth of Amazon points:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JVF728/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Pretty sweet deal IMO.
In Black Ops the SPAS-12 is a semi-automatic by the way. Following details came from videos of Create-A-Class that were taken down.

SMG's
MP5K: Default
Scorpion: Level 7
MAC-11: Level 11
AK-74u: Level 17
Uzi: Level 23
PM63: Level 28 or 29
MPL: Level 35
Spectre: Level 41
Classified=Kiparis: All SMG's bought, so at least Level 41, cause you need the Spectre.

Shotgun's
Olympia: Default
Stakeout: < 25
SPAS: Level 31
Classified=HS-10: All Shotgun's bought, so at least Level 31, cause you need the SPAS.

AR's
M16: Default
Enfield: Level 4
M14: Level 9
Famas: Level 14
Galil: Level 20
AUG: Level 26
FN FAL: Level 32
AK-47: Level 36/38
Commando: Level 44
Classified=G11: All AR's bought, so at least Level 44, cause you need the Commando.

LMG's
HK21efault
RPK: < 6
M60: < 25
Classified=Stoner(?): All LMG's bought, so at least Level (<25), cause you neet the M60

Snipers
Dragunov: Default
WA2000: < 25
L96: Level 31(?)
Classified=PSG1: All Sniper's bought, so at least Level 31(?), cause you need the L96.

Extras on gun
Camo: Level 22
Reticule shape: Level 25
Reticule color: Level 25
Lens: Level 30
Clan Tag (In your gun): Level 10/19
Emblem (In your gun): Level 16/18

Secondaries
Pistols
ASP: Default
M1911: Probably Default or <6
Makarov: Same as above ^^
Python: Level 16/18
Classified=CZ75: All pistols bought, so at least Level 16/18, cause you need the Python.

Launchers
M72 LAW: Default
RPG: Level 12
Sterla: Unknown
China Lake: (Level 48, No confirmation yet.)

cameltoe

I hope killstreaks do not carry over to the next round in S&D like they did in MW2. Hope its like MW...

ie. round 1; 2 kills no deaths. Round 2; 1 kill and you get the 3 killstreak award.

I was calling in chopper gunners in S&D...that should never happen.

tuco11 said:
"Ninja:

Ugh. That's pretty lame.

So just to be sure. My wife and I will be able to play this online split-screen just like Halo correct? Same for zombie mode I would presume?

Chuckie

rocksteady1983 said:
So just to be sure. My wife and I will be able to play this online split-screen just like Halo correct? Same for zombie mode I would presume?

Don't know, but if so... I am totally gonna ask my wife to join me on a killing spree!

Shogun PaiN said:
So plant the bomb ten times and then never play it again. Personally think its a good idea to encourage people to play different game types who knows you may enjoy them.

We've played COD before. I think most of us here know what gametypes they like.
And playing SnD just to plant bombs is gonna turn SnD into a stupid mode full of rushers and griefers until people that don't like SnD get their ninja pro and move on to things they like.

Oh and the worst is throwing back 5 nades for the pro-perk. Maybe if they got rid of Semtex it would work, but if it's anything like MW2, I know i've thrown back at most 5 nades in 12 months.
There are simply too many pro-perk necessities that involve the opponents action and not your own.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Meh, if I wanted to play SnD I would go play Counter-Strike where it's actually good and the maps are built for it specifically.

I get the feeling people are going to get irritating trying to grind out their pro perks in gametypes they dislike.

NeoUltima

Anyone know if the co-op will have matchmaking this time? Barely got to experience MW2 coop. Don't always friends playing, let alone those who want to play coop.

ShogunX

Mr. B Natural said:
We've played COD before. I think most of us here know what gametypes they like.
And playing SnD just to plant bombs is gonna turn SnD into a stupid mode full of rushers and griefers until people that don't like SnD get their ninja pro and move on to things they like.

Most people know what game types they like and dislike but not all have had enough experience with different game types to judge them fairly. If you have only played a certain mode a handful of times on a previous game in the series who's to say your not going to start enjoying the mode when the new game hits?

It's entirely possible that with the combination of new maps, perks, killstreaks ect that somebody could form a different opinion of a previously disliked game type. It's happened plenty of times before.

I am actually going to try and get a pre-owned MoH. :lol

It could work out for the better..

EDIT: how long is the deal on for? Launch only?

Hanmik

MarshMellow96 said:
I am actually going to try and get a pre-owned MoH. :lol

It could work out for the better..

EDIT: how long is the deal on for? Launch only?

it says offer ends 15. november,,,

Shogun PaiN said:

Ruh roh. Anyone else notice the guy that spawned right in front of the player in that vid? Do we have any initial impressions on the spawn system yet? I guess it may be more forgivable with less death raining from the sky in this iteration, but it's still going to be a little annoying if spawns are a repeat of MW2.

Hanmik

shichishito said:
Ruh roh. Anyone else notice the guy that spawned right in front of the player in that vid? Do we have any initial impressions on the spawn system yet? I guess it may be more forgivable with less death raining from the sky in this iteration, but it's still going to be a little annoying if spawns are a repeat of MW2.

I just noticed that too.. and rewatching some other "Wager mode" videos, it seems like the spaws are all over the place.. hmmm.. I hope it is just me looking to hard at the videos..

cameltoe

shichishito said:

yea, thats not good. He was spawning near a friendly and I get that, but not a friendly thats engaged in a firefight. Silly shit.

shichishito said:

To be fair, that vid was shot during the multiplayer reveal a couple of months ago and was running on the beta game. So let's not get too bent out of shape just yet.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wow, the G11 is ugly as hell. I'm not going anywhere near that shit no matter how good it is. I don't need fugliness interfering with my swagger.

.nimrod

tuco11 said:
"Ninja:

Do we know for sure that it's SnD only and not in Demolition?
It could take quite some time in SnD if you're not lucky and don't get to pick up the bomb at all.

Top Bottom