• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

divisionbyzorro said:
OP updated. Glad to see that Ghost doesn't protect against Blackbird; this makes the Blackbird actually a viable killstreak to choose now.

Nice, good news none of the perks make you completely undetectable (Ninja and motion sensors, Ghost and blackbird and dogs).

the rock paper scissors dynamic is a good dynamic.

cameltoe said:
found this on another forum.
First number is close range, then medium, then long...these are the smg's
number of hits to kill to the body

MP5k 3-4-5
skorpian 5-5-5 (point blank 2)
Mac10 4-4-5
ak74u 3-3-5
UZI 4-4-5
PM63 4-4-5
MPL 4-4-5
Spectre 4-4-5
Kapris 4-4-5

AR

M16 3-3-4
Enfield 3-3-4
M14 2-2-3
M14-S 2-3-3
FAMAS 3-3-4
GALIL 3-3-3
AUG 3-3-4
FN FAL 2-2-3
FAL-S 2-3-3
AK47 3-3-3
COMMANDO 3-3-3
G11 3-3-4

He also mentions that a shot to the chest does the same damage as a shot to the leg or arm or foot. (just like MW2....shame)
Nearly all the smg's are 4-4-5, mp5k going to dominate small maps I guess? *edit* oh wait ak74 is stronger then nearly all the other guns.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Stallion Free said:
:lol Then your opinion is even less valid. I have been playing COD MP since COD1 and weapons have always handled ridiculously easily.

I have to agree with this. CoD still manages to keep its traditional feel despite being worked on by a developer that didn't originally create the franchise.

Now I just have to decide which version I am going to hit the prestige button on.

PS3 or 360

man o man the choices

I know i don't want to try and level up on both systems

maximum360 said:
The G11 looks like a gun that they started to design and quit halfway through. Could be the worse looking gun in the game.
The G11 is sexy. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Rainy Dog

Diablohead said:
Nearly all the smg's are 4-4-5, mp5k going to dominate small maps I guess? *edit* oh wait ak74 is stronger then nearly all the other guns.

But I'm guessing the MP5 and AK47u will both have a fair amount of recoil, plus the AK will prolly have a slow-ish fire-rate.

Stantron

NullPointer said:
We need Spec Ops levels. Only then can Treyarch truly claim the mantle of COD development.
I want a huge map with randomly spawning enemies so it plays differently each time. Player has guile suit, silenced sniper/pistol, claymores. Game over if enemy alerted.

Stantron said:
I want a huge map with randomly spawning enemies so it plays differently each time. Player has guile suit, silenced sniper/pistol, claymores. Game over if enemy alerted.
That's one of the best CoD ideas I've ever heard.

Stantron said:
Make every multiplayer map support this mode and voila, everybody will buy their DLC. Win-win.

cameltoe

Rainy Dog said:
But I'm guessing the MP5 and AK47u will both have a fair amount of recoil, plus the AK will prolly have a slow-ish fire-rate.

from the videos ive seen, neither have much recoil...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
maximum360 said:
The G11 looks like a gun that they started to design and quit halfway through. Could be the worse looking gun in the game.

The g11 isn't a pretty looking gun to begin with

g11.jpg

Sealda

Banned
Ak74u! I loved that gun in COD4! So sexy sound, look and feel. Portable version of AK47! I heard in real life its almost not a sub machine gun more like a portable assault rifle.

Stantron said:
I support this notion, let us choose the loadout would be the only change I'd make.

Seventy5

Brian Fellows said:
If you already have them why can't you just pop in WaW and play them?
I traded in WaW because this was coming out. I really didn't think they'd ask us to bend over and take it to play maps we already own. It's not like there should be any reason they can't use the maps over again since they're sitting on my HDD in the same engine they're using for BO.

Neuromancer said:
I support this notion, let us choose the loadout would be the only change I'd make.
I've always wanted weapon unlocks/perks, etc to affect Campaign as well. Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 handled this well.

Rainy Dog said:
Well spotted, I missed that! Yeah, Blackbird still needed a little extra something to make it a more viable 8 kill streak and making it still see Ghost uses seems another fair enough compromise across the board.

Blackbird should have lasted a bit longer than a UAV, say 45 seconds.

I think a 30% size increase of the radar would have been another nice addition.

-

aku:jiki

cameltoe said:
He also mentions that a shot to the chest does the same damage as a shot to the leg or arm or foot. (just like MW2....shame)
Hey, the FAL has a 1.1x multiplier in the neck! :lol

But yeah, it's weird that only sniper rifles have chest multipliers.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Maybe you're right, my memory isn't that great. But my overall point still stands. I go to BF games for a certain type of experience and COD for a different type :D
Yup, that much is definitely true! Fuck, BF is hard to play for a CoD guy. :lol

Ferny

So how many people getting the prestige edition here? I wasn't interested in the night vision goggles but the camera on the rc car would be kinda cool.

kuYuri

maximum360 said:

The gun is basically a prototype. It's not supposed to look good.

Sethos

Banned
Dresden said:
Damn it Treyarch, why couldn't you include iron sight bolt actions. :( *hugs WaW's Kar98k.*

Hmmm, I don't want to spoil too much for you but ...

You get to use ... certain weapons in a ... certain mission in the campaign. So they are in the game, done well and awesome sounds - Maybe some prestige unlocks?

IceMarker

I really want to get this... but $59.99 is a tough price to bite. I'm sorting through my budget right now and my wallet my cry if I do... can anyone give me some motivation?

Dresden

Sethos said:
Hmmm, I don't want to spoil too much for you but ...

You get to use ... certain weapons in a ... certain mission in the campaign. So they are in the game, done well and awesome sounds - Maybe some prestige unlocks?
You could use the Dragunov in MW2's campaign, but it didn't mean it was there in MP. :(

MrMister said:
I really want to get this... but $59.99 is a tough price to bite. I'm sorting through my budget right now and my wallet my cry if I do... can anyone give me some motivation?
Everyone else is doin' it.

JimmyBoy

MrMister said:

Imagine MW2 without the bullshit.

MrMister said:

Trade some games you don't play anymore? A lot of people are getting it pretty cheap with their credit from Amazon. You also get an extra $20 on your next purchase if you preorder it from Amazon.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
JimmyBoy said:
Imagine MW2 without the bullshit.

Are you serious? :lol

This game looks great and I will be getting it (PC) but I am pretty sure from what they have shown there will be a high amount of bullshit. Will still love it though. :D

Stantron said:

That would make a sweet standalone PSN game.

IceMarker

eternaLightness said:
Trade some games you don't play anymore? A lot of people are getting it pretty cheap with their credit from Amazon. You also get an extra $20 on your next purchase if you preorder it from Amazon.
I plan getting it on Steam.

Shearie

Awesome news on the Ghost perk. I actually was going to say something about it yesterday when I watched the Gamespot video and they were showing the Ghost perk on the screen and it said nothing about being undetectable by a Blackbird but the info today about the pro version is even better. I'm loving how well balanced this game seems to be.

ShogunX

Mr. B Natural said:
:lol So, wait, you think the Ninja Pro perk is gonna change the community? You really think people are gonna play nice now? People aren't gonna grief because you have the bomb and therefore you are in the way of some kid getting his perk pro? He isn't gonna pray (and watch) you die...nah..why would he do that? Everyone isn't gonna have lightweight on so they can run for that bomb on the floor when the match starts regardless to how helpful lightweight may be for winning the round...nah. The community is fixed now that the pro perks are annoying to get. Well, I'm done. I guess thinking 1 step ahead is 1 step too many.

Who exactly said that? Your flat out making shit up as you go along. I said I would love the COD community to be a good one again just like in the COD2 days. Now days its full of mindless idiots who borderline ruin the game for everyone else with their greed for Kills and killstreaks. MW2 is basically anti teamwork and thats a little sad to see.

Bitching about having to play S&D is not thinking one step ahead. It's just bitching about a non issue. Suck it up and vary your game types.

Xux

shichishito said:
Ruh roh. Anyone else notice the guy that spawned right in front of the player in that vid? Do we have any initial impressions on the spawn system yet? I guess it may be more forgivable with less death raining from the sky in this iteration, but it's still going to be a little annoying if spawns are a repeat of MW2.

The little red light on the ground is a Tactical Insertion.

BigBlue1974 said:
I don't play S and D either, but planting the bomb 10 times doesn't really seem all that difficult. I'm pretty sure you can do it multiple times in a single round just from the enemy defusing it too.

The 15 backstabber medals confuses me a little...does that mean 15 kills or something else, I don't get the reference to the medals.

The game rewards you for knifing someone in the back in the same way it does for headshots; that's probably what it means.

dope4goldrope said:
Hey guys, whatever happened to the "Dragon's Breath" ammunition for shotguns? Is that SP only now?

I think so. I asked a bunch back during the MP reveal and never got any info and no one who has it has mentioned it for the MP yet.

cameltoe said:
MW2 fucked this up with unlimited tubes, unlimited nades, crazy ass killstreaks etc....Barebones is awesome but no one plays it.....hmmm I wonder why?

Eh? It's the only gametype I play. Never had a problem getting a match.

Top Bottom