• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
celestial body said:
There's a vid out there that shows the strela (new stinger) taking out a gunship with just 2 rockets, seems a bit too quick to me considering the gunship is an 11 killstreak. Also shows a SAM turret taking out a chopper gunner with 3 missles in about 10 seconds. Looks like dogs are the way to go for a high KS.

Don't forget, you'll have to use your very own CP to buy the killstreak/weapon this time around. In the event of most players, I can say they'll easily spend their money on things other than 'team support' killstreaks or weapons.

Stantron

johnFkennedy said:
Do you guys have any requests as to what you want to see?
Flak Jacket vs two sequential grenades (probably won't survive)
Flak Jacket vs direct grenade, then immediately single pistol shot to leg
Flak Jacket vs semtex to the chest
Flak Jacket vs explosive tip arrow to the chest
Flak Jacket vs direct grenade launcher to chest (explosion)
Flak Jacket vs direct grenade launcher to chest (no detonation)
Flak Jacket vs claymore/C4
Can Flak Jacket Pro toss back semtex?
Just curious is all, no problem if you don't do them.

johnFkennedy said:
How would I go about doing that?

Just download it with www.getdropbox.com

Then open your dropbox folder (it will open in the taskbar) and open the public folder. Drag any videos you want us to see in there. Once that's done, right click the file and click 'copy public location' then paste that on here. We'll be able to watch it the same quality as the file is on your PC, and it won't ever get pulled.

Nizz

h0pper said:
anyone have any experience with Amazon and release date deliveries? I am going to be home that day and am hoping I don't have to wait until like 6PM to get the damn game...
I got Medal of Honor release date delivery and UPS got here between I want to say 2:00 and 3:00 pm. I'm in Florida if that helps...

Tokubetsu

purple cobra said:
I got Medal of Honor release date delivery and UPS got here between I want to say 2:00 and 3:00 pm. I'm in Florida if that helps...

Varies for me. I got Darksiders at like 5:30pm but got Alan Wake and RDR at 1pm. I did get Reach around 3 though. South Florida here.

divisionbyzorro said:
MP5k had similar stats in MW2 and almost nobody used it because it kicked like a mule.
Yeah, the recoil is pretty bad on MP5k. Never played CoD4, but isn't the ak74u supposed to be the same from that game? Saw some gameplay on Cracked, and the user didn't look like he had much trouble. Did they tweak it for release?

cameltoe

CrazedArabMan said:
What, I didn't realize they had brought the skorpion back!!!

Favorite gun from MW 1!!!!

hardcore only weapon (at least for me)....small mag and very weak, Perfect for HC S&D. Just like MW1

How many multiplayer maps did World at War and Modern Warfare 2 ship with?

Is Black Ops about the same amount of content?

I also expect Tri-arch to support this game with a few map packs like they did with World at War. Hope they're not 1200pts!

G_Berry

Banned
celestial body said:
There's a vid out there that shows the strela (new stinger) taking out a gunship with just 2 rockets, seems a bit too quick to me considering the gunship is an 11 killstreak. Also shows a SAM turret taking out a chopper gunner with 3 missles in about 10 seconds. Looks like dogs are the way to go for a high KS.

"UNLEASH THE DOGS" *Jack Bauer voice

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
How many multiplayer maps did World at War and Modern Warfare 2 ship with?

Is Black Ops about the same amount of content?

I also expect Tri-arch to support this game with a few map packs like they did with World at War. Hope they're not 1200pts!

W@W had 13 maps and MW2 had 16 (although one was a CoD1 remake and another was an updated Counter Strike map)

Black Ops has 14 maps.

KAL2006

Banned
I have heard the PC version supports the 360 controller, is this true? if so is there aim assist? basically when playing with a controller does everything control exactly like the 360 version?

Also I know K+M is better, but I prefer a controller and I will only play the campaign mode (not interested in multiplayer)

dope4goldrope said:
W@W had 13 maps and MW2 had 16 (although one was a CoD1 remake and another was an updated Counter Strike map)

Black Ops has 14 maps.
Thanks for the info.

So I guess it'll be like W@W, which isn't bad. I do expect at least 3 map packs again, which would tally up the total to 20+.

G_Berry

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Thanks for the info.

So I guess it'll be like W@W, which isn't bad. I do expect at least 3 map packs again, which would tally up the total to 20+.

WaW remake of DOME!!!!!!!!!!!

......And COD 4's SHIPMENT (runs)

UFRA

G_Berry said:

animated.gif

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Thanks for the info.

I'd rather have 14 maps where most of em rock over 16 where most of em are baffling design choices. That's how I look at it :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
KAL2006 said:
I have heard the PC version supports the 360 controller, is this true? if so is there aim assist? basically when playing with a controller does everything control exactly like the 360 version?

Also I know K+M is better, but I prefer a controller and I will only play the campaign mode (not interested in multiplayer)
Don't pre-order just yet, they made the same claim on the W@W box and it had shit for controller support. I would confirm it once it's out before you drop the cash.

G_Berry said:

Players will gain access to play on Shipment which is a hidden map and only unlocked after hitting prestige 15. I know that would get me to grind it out to the 15th. :D

So I'm going back to MW2 for the first time in months to scratch the itch, and it reminds me how I always thought it was weird I was the only one, ever, in any match, to consistently shoot down every enemy killstreak with my stinger.

Spooks

Snapshot King said:
So I'm going back to MW2 for the first time in months to scratch the itch, and it reminds me how I always thought it was weird I was the only one, ever, in any match, to consistently shoot down every enemy killstreak with my stinger.
I always have a class dedicated to shooting down killstreaks, since I know no one else is going to do it. bunch of lazy bums.

Strider2K99 said:
In store pick-up is an option so... yeah.

You even said stupid question. :p

Right, if I wanted to pay for it online I could do that anytime. I'm referring to just going in and pre-ordering it right there. Part of it is I need to trade some things in. I'm assuming yes but didn't know for sure.

Xux said:
Some carry PC games and I'm pretty sure the ones that don't will pre-order it for you regardless.

Thanks, thought that was probably the case. I suppose I could just call them too. :lol

Lets all calm the fuck down. Shits getting out of control here. Yes gamestop has PC games. Now lets all go back to hating the fact that we have to wait.

ch0mp

Spooks said:
I always have a class dedicated to shooting down killstreaks, since I know no one else is going to do it. bunch of lazy bums.

So you're the guy that's always spoiling my fun. :lol :lol

Spooks said:
lol I'm the guy in search and destroy that always goes to plant or disarm bombs regardless of how obvious it is we're going to lose and I'm gonna die. Unspoken heroes, friend.

Top Bottom