• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Mik2121

Erasus said:
I am solving it but just FRAPSing in Theather Mode to get the whole match^^
Yeah, the PC guys don't have a problem, it's all of us with the 360 or PS3 version.. uploading tons of 30-sec videos and then putting together on the computer can be a pain, so hopefully they do something to fix that :(

DSN2K said:
any word on PC performance yet, Im presuming my 5770/tri core Athlon will handle this game very well on Max.

Its a COD game. You'll be able to get it up and running on integrated graphics.

Weenerz said:
Getting conflicted reports. Some are saying PC purchasers are unlocked at 12:01am est, others are saying it will unlock with the rest of steam at 10am est. Can't they just come out and say when this shit is coming out?

Its Valve. They'll release it when they feel like it and no one other than the dude with the big red button and a stick at Valve HQ is going to be able to give you an accurate idea of when its set to release.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
from the looks of those sniping videos, it looks like they did a pretty good job with it. It's not ridiculously off centered, but it does make the player compensate when scoped in. I like it.

midnight launch of best buy tonight. no work the entire week. muahahahahaha

Stantron

Full Recovery said:
My ISP is just a small local company and they don't even check my "sector" or whatever they call it because they know I'll shoot them an email when something is up.
I suppose I work 4 free :/
Ah, okay, thanks. I suppose my ISP, Comcast, does this on a regular basis without me needing to pester them.

Coldsnap

Did they change grenade spamming in Black Ops? I was watching the MLG games of MW2 last night and so many grenades were being thrown, reminded me why I hated MW2.

Loxley

Yeah, I'm betting on the game being unlocked on Steam in the later morning and not 12:01 am since Valve likes to be in their offices for big releases like this.

DryvBy

Pre-ordered because of one reason: JFK and Tricky Dick as playable characters. (I lied. More than those reasons...).

Zombies looking for JFK's brain should not even attack JFK. His brain should be about 10 feet in front of him.

I am in the camp with the spawn haters, it's rather terrible at times, spawning inside napalm fire, being sniped as I spawn by someone who knows the spawn locations, not fun, chopper gunner can dominate a spawn too if the enemy only has one flag captured, limited spawn area.

Calibur said:
Someone posted a video of a Hidden game in Black Ops check it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIiZop7kcQI

Sorry if old
I wonder if that will be ported to iphone like zombies was, really cool easter egg that :D

DryvBy2 said:
Pre-ordered because of one reason: JFK and Tricky Dick as playable characters. (I lied. More than those reasons...).

Zombies looking for JFK's brain should not even attack JFK. His brain should be about 10 feet in front of him.

Or between Monroe's legs. :lol

Coldsnap said:
Did they change grenade spamming in Black Ops? I was watching the MLG games of MW2 last night and so many grenades were being thrown, reminded me why I hated MW2.
Everyone can have grenades so not sure what you are getting at. Nothing there to prevent you from throwing all your grenades. At one point I did read that you won't be able to shoot a noob tube in the first 5 seconds of a match.

cameltoe

I just noticed it doesnt show you how many people are online, or how many in a playlist....

well, I notice it now!! Hmmm want there yesterday

chapel

Banned
Oh also, watching the stream, I saw that it shows people in your xbox live party talking in game. Even in game it shows the name of someone talking even if they aren't in your game. That is awesome. Not sure if that was known.

Mik2121

They are showing the opening sequence now.

Didn't know it had live action sequences. Looking pretty good anyway.

edit - Ah, that thing was just something else.. showing the real opening now-

Stantron said:
Excuse my ignorance, but does this notably improve your online experience?
I've got Comcast. If I call up customer service and say, "Hey, could you please reboot my sector?", will they know what the hell I'm talking about.... cause I don't. :lol
I've got comcast as well and wondering the same thing. Can anyone answer this because my lag has definitely increased the past three weeks or so? So much so that I have become less excited for Black ops. Nothing more frustrating than having the drop on someone, unloading half a clip, hearing multiple hit markers, they turn, ADS, and with what looks like to me one shot kill. In the kill cam it's a different story though. They have the drop on me and I didn't even get a shot off.

Weenerz

Banned
Watching someone playing on a live stream, I have forgotten how much I despised 15 year olds calling other people "kid".

The faster any of this comes up the better I would think when it comes to any sort of glitches and problems with the game. We knew it wasn't going to be perfect at launch, as long as the support is there it's all good. And considering the post from yesterday it looks like it will be.

Mik2121

-Pyromaniac- said:
Haven't we seen videos uploaded to youtube from the theater mode that were several minutes long already?
I think all those were, sadly, recorded with an external device, even if they were actually recording a replay.

MMaRsu

MidnightRider said:
I'm going to prestige on one console but not the other...... i've decided.

PS3 = No Prestige
360 = Prestige

:D

What exactly is the point of 'prestiging'? Getting a new icon?

MMaRsu said:
more class slots/camo/gold guns which a lot of people value. Also increases the games longevity since it offers a goal to play towards, which some people also value. And other things that I don't think have been revealed unless I missed the news.

Mik2121

MMaRsu said:
As far as I know, getting new icons and signs (those are still around, right?), some extra camouflages for your weapons and probably a couple other things.

MMaRsu said:

Look a few pages back. There's extra customisation settings and
'Prestige' playlists at 15th level prestige

EDIT: beaten to death.

Mik2121 said:
I think all those were, sadly, recorded with an external device, even if they were actually recording a replay.
Hmm that kinda sucks. Was never gonna upload anything longer than to show off a weird kill or some shizz but would have been nice to upload a whole round if I have a super crazy game that I want others to see.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Shadow of the Sun said:
I've got comcast as well and wondering the same thing. Can anyone answer this because my lag has definitely increased the past three weeks or so? So much so that I have become less excited for Black ops. Nothing more frustrating than having the drop on someone, unloading half a clip, hearing multiple hit markers, they turn, ADS, and with what looks like to me one shot kill. In the kill cam it's a different story though. They have the drop on me and I didn't even get a shot off.

that's just lag.

Top Bottom