• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Just had my first match with someone doing the care package glitch, he did it twice so 6 packages, must have had a lot of chopper gunners from them because it was complete bullshit, in fact at one point we were spawn camped and every time we spawned we were just chopper gunned :/

Hope they can patch that soon, I don't mind powerful kill streak rewards but not when it's from glitched care packages.

DRE Fei

http://www.callofduty.com/board/vie...st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=8endcdkdqt1n0vvct19lvsaks4
I think this guy is right about ninja pro being louder enemy voices and not footsteps. Non-ninja footsteps barely make any noise in this game anyway, plus there are fucking trains and rockets going off in the maps. So, yeah ninja isn't overpowered anymore.

Diablohead said:
Just had my first match with someone doing the care package glitch, he did it twice so 6 packages, must have had a lot of chopper gunners from them because it was complete bullshit, in fact at one point we were spawn camped and every time we spawned we were just chopper gunned :/

Hope they can patch that soon, I don't mind powerful kill streak rewards but not when it's from glitched care packages.

Did you report him?

n0n44m said:
18 ranked, 24 non-ranked

It's really all you would want. I play COD4 on PC and any game above 20 feels far too hectic. It's one of those things that we shouldn't do just because we can. I view dedicated servers as more of an advantage for latency and custom games.

W1SSY said:
I am glad to see they found a way to negate quick sniping but it may not be the best answer. Why not just make a shot really inaccurate but still give them a chance of hitting. Maybe that is the way it is but it seemed like the bullets would not kill at all when he was trying to quick scope.

Yeah I see where your going, if your close range or doing a quick scope then it should be a last resort option, a sniper shouldn't be running around with their rifle out anyway but if you do get caught up close the rifle should still have a chance of killing.

ArjanN

Neuromancer said:
This is why I haven't played Veteran since CoD2... Just not fun.

Veteran in MW2 was still pretty fun, but I think it was also a lot easier than in the previous games.

I never minded the dumb teammate AI or infinite spawns much, COD single player is all about cool cinematic set pieces, it was never meant to be super tactical. The teammates are just window dressing and the infinite spawns weren't much of a problem either as long as you keep pushing forward.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
kyo_daikun said:
Yeah I see where your going, if your close range or doing a quick scope then it should be a last resort option, a sniper shouldn't be running around with their rifle out anyway but if you do get caught up close the rifle should still have a chance of killing.
It does have a chance through no scoping.

Mystery

PS3 leaderboards are working now. It looks like in the lobby leaderboards for objective games it doesn't list your K/D. For instance in CTF, it'll list your caps and returns. So this should (hopefully) discourage campers in objective games.

MMaRsu

ArjanN said:
Veteran in MW2 was still pretty fun, but I think it was also a lot easier than in the previous games.

I never minded the dumb teammate AI or infinite spawns much, COD single player is all about cool cinematic set pieces, it was never meant to be super tactical. The teammates are just window dressing and the infinite spawns weren't much of a problem either as long as you keep pushing forward.

The fuck was FUN about it? I was playing that last goddamn level and getting shot from 100 feet away by fuckers I couldn't even see. I threw my controller on the floor at that part. I really did, and I never do that.

I don't see the FUN in veteran at all.

Maffis

kyo_daikun said:

They should switch to their pistol if that happens.

Spooks said:
So wait, a teammate can change the care package for you if they have hardline pro?

Ruh roh I can already see that being used to grieve :lol

I see that being massively exploited. I suspect we'll start seeing groups of 6 players in TDM all with the are package killstreak huddled in a corner doing care package resets.

jcutner

so, black ops midnight launch.

steam unlock is 10am est.

if i buy the pc game at midnight, does this mean i can't play it until tomorrow at 10am?

maximum360 said:
I see that being massively exploited. I suspect we'll start seeing groups of 6 players in TDM all with the are package killstreak huddled in a corner doing care package resets.

I saw this going the other way:
Hey, that's a nice attack dog package you got! Reroll. Yay ammo lol!

Eric WK

jcutner said:

if i buy the pc game at midnight, does this mean i can't play it until tomorrow at 10am?

If all copies are connected to Steam, then yes, that's exactly what it means.

Stantron

MMaRsu said:
The fuck was FUN about it? I was playing that last goddamn level and getting shot from 100 feet away by fuckers I couldn't even see. I threw my controller on the floor at that part. I really did, and I never do that.

Some of us really like the masochistic difficulty. Avoiding the grenade spam, pushing forward to stop the infinite spawns, finding cover against the inhuman enemy shot accuracy. Yeah, it's all good. Veteran is not for everyone.

Sealda

Banned
Okay, this is a bit silly but one thing that irritates me is how Black Ops does not look at all like Vietnam war or whatever time the mission is set in!

Anyone at Treyarch actually seen how Russian soldiers looked like in the USSR? Or how Vietnam soldiers looked like? They were skinny as shit. The people i see in Black Ops all look like Chris Redfield from Resident Evil...Its bad enough that its hard to emulate time-periods in video game but how about they even try ? I really dislike the fact that every person in Black Ops have the same Chris Redfield posture and look...Even JFK looks like Chris Redfield in his body...uhhhh

Anyone actually seen JFKs posture....he looked like The Hunchback of Notre Dame ffs!

and lets not even start talk about the Vietcongs soldiers...

Spookie

jcutner said:

Apparently retail copies are unlocking early. So no worries. \o/

But there are no servers to play on as gameservers STILL hasn't put them up! <o>

Diablohead said:

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

MMaRsu said:

Yeah I don't mind the occasional challenge as long as it's fair. Veteran mode in CoD isn't even remotely fair, you don't have a chance unless you're willing to die in the same place 100 times until you memorize exactly what you have to do to get through. That may be fun for some people, but not for me.

W1SSY

poppabk said:
It does have a chance through no scoping.

I would think that it should have a chance while scoping also and pretty much the same as a no scope. It may be that way and it may not. Myself I will never find out because I shy away from picking up snipers.

Weenerz

Banned
Spookie said:
Apparently retail copies are unlocking early. So no worries. \o/

But there are no servers to play on as gameservers STILL hasn't put them up! <o>

Need a source for this please. I want to go to the launch, but if I can't play, then I'll just grab it later this week.

Najaf

Anerythristic said:
Have to say they didn't have beta and now there are reports of broken spawns and glitches found on Day 0, ugh.

They did have an extensive beta test. It was a closed beta, not an open one.

maximum360 said:

You realize it can only be reset one time yeah? It's not like they will be able to keep switching it until they find something they want.

ArjanN

Stantron said:
Some of us really like the masochistic difficulty. Avoiding the grenade spam, pushing forward to stop the infinite spawns, finding cover against the inhuman enemy shot accuracy. Yeah, it's all good. Veteran is not for everyone.

I was mostly talking about Modern Warfare 2 which wasn't even all that hard on Veteran IMO. Hell, the Spec Ops missions (solo) were harder.

Volcynika

iam220 said:
What are the chances of steam unlocking this early?

Depends on what you mean by 'early.'

If by early you mean sometime today, proooobably not. If you mean like midnight for a certain timezone, it's possible. They did it for Darksiders/Dead Rising 2, and they may want to just make it available to play for people that get a PC version at a midnight launch or something. Because I'm not sure (correct me if I'm wrong) if people with the PC version can play the game before it's unlocked on Steam, as the game uses Steamworks.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
would love to see some pc-footage, guess I'll just have to wait to tomorrow :I

iam220

RickA238 said:
The chances are 1000 to lol.

I'm not liking those odds ...

Volcynika said:
Depends on what you mean by 'early.'

If by early you mean sometime today, proooobably not. If you mean like midnight for a certain timezone, it's possible. They did it for Darksiders/Dead Rising 2, and they may want to just make it available to play for people that get a PC version at a midnight launch or something. Because I'm not sure (correct me if I'm wrong) if people with the PC version can play the game before it's unlocked on Steam, as the game uses Steamworks.

Midnight unlock is what I meant or 10pm PST. I'm thinking they *might* do it as, like you said, people buying this game retail @ midnight won't be able to play it.

Spookie

Weenerz said:
Need a source for this please. I want to go to the launch, but if I can't play, then I'll just grab it later this week.

Steam forums, people who bought it retail in down under got it before their midnight release date. Steam doesn't unlock till early tomorrow morn.

NIN90 said:
Is there leaning in the PC version?

Yep, it's listed in the manual.

Top Bottom