• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Maffis said:
They should switch to their pistol if that happens.

Yeah fully agree, not much point having a secondary weapon if your going to use your main bulky sniper rifle to kill people right infront of you and 300 yards away.

DoomGyver

Charge controllers, check.
Dolby headphone and mic charged, check.
Snacks, check.
Email ISP and ask them to reboot my sector, (pings are the best they've been for almost 2 months)check.
Purchase Black Ops, ____.

If you're going to get in on PS3 12am EST time add me, psn is Full-Recovery

The fucking wait is totally killing me... it's already on sale here in Germany, but with massive cuts - don't want that. Could have had the austrian version today, but there is no english voice option and the swastikas are missing - don't want that. My preordered UK version is stuck somewhere between UK and Germany - I want that so fucking badly now.

So theatre mode will only save the current game if the host decides to stick around till the end. It's not clear for how much beyond the end of the game he has to stay.

Weenerz

Banned
Getting conflicted reports. Some are saying PC purchasers are unlocked at 12:01am est, others are saying it will unlock with the rest of steam at 10am est. Can't they just come out and say when this shit is coming out?

Mik2121

Najaf said:
callofduty.com is in shambles right now. Infinite login loops, losing cached data, random logoffs.
Will we be able to check our stats on the site ala bungie.net? (even though it will probably only have like 1/100th of the stuff bungie.net has)

EDIT - Went to callofduty.com and on the THEATER option...

Welcome to My Theater, your personal media center for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Upload video clips and screenshots from your in-game matches. Download screenshots to your personal desktop, and watch videos in My Theater or on YouTube.

Sweeet :)

Najaf

Patrick Bateman said:
WTF is this? I asked the same question a couple of hours before and people said it would be unrealistic by now...

Vahn said so a few days ago. *searches for link*

Mik2121 said:
Will we be able to check our stats on the site ala bungie.net? (even though it will probably only have like 1/100th of the stuff bungie.net has)

Yes sir. It has full heat maps, individual weapon stats. Tracks every match played. Its deep.

DoomGyver

Patrick Bateman said:
WTF is this? I asked the same question a couple of hours before and people said it would be unrealistic by now...
Treyarch have said that they have more control over the leaderboards than they ever had in W@W/MW2. So I would guess they've made it a LOT easier to wipe stats and remove cheaters.

cameltoe

•Watch the video clip in My Theater or on YouTube.
NOTE: We recommend that you link your YouTube account. If you do not, your video will not be saved and may be deleted over time

thats from the COD BO site...

HMMMM

EDIT: seems like this can only be done with 30 sec clips....boo!

bud

ps3 gaf, can you play private matches without random people from your friendlist being able to join in?

Spookie

Weenerz said:
Getting conflicted reports. Some are saying PC purchasers are unlocked at 12:01am est, others are saying it will unlock with the rest of steam at 10am est. Can't they just come out and say when this shit is coming out?

It's only retails copies which are unlocking early it appears. People who bought directly off Steam are in for a bit of a wait.

Mik2121

Najaf said:
Vaun said so a few days ago. *searches for link*

Yes sir.
God the hype for this game is rising by the hour, since the last few 10 days or so! :lol

And to think that when the game was first announced I sort of laughed and thought "yeah, bail out!.." Tsk tsk..

x3sphere

Spookie said:
It's only retails copies which are unlocking early it appears. People who bought directly off Steam are in for a bit of a wait.

Like I said in my previous post, that makes no sense. It's already preloading on Steam. Why would they not unlock it for everyone?

Hyunkel6

Mayyhem said:
Wooooot Bestbuy midnight launch tonight :D cant wait

and their giving away free cod toques to the first 90 in line :eek:
I would actually go at midnight, but here in Quebec, launch is at 8:00 am. As much as I want the game, there is no way in hell I'm waking up early for it, especially on a day off.

Mik2121 said:
And to think that when the game was first announced I sort of laughed and thought "yeah, bail out!.." Tsk tsk..

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be thinking that again after actually playing for a couple hours. Hype can be cruel like that.

Stantron

Full Recovery said:
Email ISP and ask them to reboot my sector, (pings are the best they've been for almost 2 months)check.
Excuse my ignorance, but does this notably improve your online experience?
I've got Comcast. If I call up customer service and say, "Hey, could you please reboot my sector?", will they know what the hell I'm talking about.... cause I don't. :lol

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
dope4goldrope said:
Amazon successfully canceled my shipment after it was already in progress and allowed me to re-place my order! Yes!

How did you get them to do this? They are shipping it to the wrong address and won't let me cancel, which means I'm gonna have to wait three weeks to mail it back to them. :-\

Guy on the phone was useless.

Najaf

These are two stat screens from WaW. I assume codblops will be similar.

stat2.png

stat1.jpg

Mik2121

PoweredBySoy said:
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be thinking that again after actually playing for a couple hours. Hype can be cruel like that.
Eh, I actually enjoyed Modern Warfare 2 a lot (and COD4), but never got to play WaW and all I heard was bad stuff about it, but after seeing tons of videos of this game, I'm really looking forward to it. I hardly doubt I will be thinking like that again after playing for a couple hours :p I'm really hyped, but not to the level where it's just crazy hype without any reasons :lol

EDIT - Wow those are more stats than I expected!. Modern Warfare 2 didn't have them, right? I wonder why :S.. is that just a Treyarch thing?

DoomGyver

Stantron said:
Excuse my ignorance, but does this notably improve your online experience?
I've got Comcast. If I call up customer service and say, "Hey, could you please reboot my sector?", will they know what the hell I'm talking about.... cause I don't. :lol
My ISP is just a small local company and they don't even check my "sector" or whatever they call it because they know I'll shoot them an email when something is up.
I suppose I work 4 free :/

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
x3sphere said:
Like I said in my previous post, that makes no sense. It's already preloading on Steam. Why would they not unlock it for everyone?
Because Activision want to maintain the hype for the midnight launch at retail would be my guess.

Mik2121

BTW, regarding uploading videoclips:

Find a segment you would like to capture, and select the RECORD option.
Once you have reached the end of your segment, select RECORD again to stop.
NOTE: Segments can be no longer than 30 seconds.
Select NAME SEGMENT > UPLOAD CLIP, then create the TITLE, DESCRIPTION, and TAG for the video clip
Select a slot in MY FILE SHARE to save the video clip.
Go to MY FILE SHARE and select the video clip.
Choose the SELECT FOR PLAYBACK option. That video clip will now be available to render.
From the Call of Duty: Black Ops THEATER, select RENDER CLIP.
After the video clip plays through, it will be uploaded to MY THEATER.
Watch the video clip in My Theater or on YouTube.
NOTE: We recommend that you link your YouTube account. If you do not, your video will not be saved and may be deleted over time.

From the Black Ops site.

I think I'd prefer mine in a proper case.

Oh, and not to be Ice T.

Yeah I'm good thanks.

EDIT: it's also interesting that they haven't done something similar to Bungie Pro for renders. Free money surely?

Mik2121 said:
BTW, regarding uploading videoclips:

Find a segment you would like to capture, and select the RECORD option.
Once you have reached the end of your segment, select RECORD again to stop.
NOTE: Segments can be no longer than 30 seconds.
Select NAME SEGMENT > UPLOAD CLIP, then create the TITLE, DESCRIPTION, and TAG for the video clip
Select a slot in MY FILE SHARE to save the video clip.
Go to MY FILE SHARE and select the video clip.
Choose the SELECT FOR PLAYBACK option. That video clip will now be available to render.
From the Call of Duty: Black Ops THEATER, select RENDER CLIP.
After the video clip plays through, it will be uploaded to MY THEATER.
Watch the video clip in My Theater or on YouTube.
NOTE: We recommend that you link your YouTube account. If you do not, your video will not be saved and may be deleted over time.

From the Black Ops site.

So wait a second, there is YouTube support but we're only getting 30 second clips? YouTube has support for 15 minute videos, come on! :rage:

Mik2121

If only I could find that Black Ops thread (probably the one before this one?) where I said I didn't see a reason to charge for rendering videos just because Bungie did, and everybody laughing at me..

I FUCKING CALLED IT!!! :mad:

dope4goldrope said:
So wait a second, there is YouTube support but we're only getting 30 second clips? YouTube has support for 15 minute videos, come on! :rage:
Yuck. I didn't notice that part. Hopefully that's a mistake or something? I mean, in the Theater mode you can cut lots of clips and put them in one big file. Maybe if it's direct upload to youtube it lets you upload longer vids? Hopefully they specify a bit more about this or do something so that youtube uploads can be bigger.

X26

Banned
Pouring here and not expected to stop anytime soon, dunno if I'll bother going at mignight now, being dry > blops

.nimrod

Mik2121 said:
If only I could find that Black Ops thread (probably the one before this one?) where I said I didn't see a reason to charge for rendering videos just because Bungie did, and everybody laughing at me..

I FUCKING CALLED IT!!! :mad:
Well, it's still activision after all :lol
But i'm glad that they're letting us render the videos directly on the console like in the skate games. I always wondered why bungie didn't do that.

edit: We can't export videos to the xmb on ps3, can we? That would've been perfect since it already has a video editor and can upload stuff to youtube.

Erasus

dope4goldrope said:

I am solving it but just FRAPSing in Theather Mode to get the whole match^^

Top Bottom