• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

DFvAZ.png

Trailer => Code of Princess <= Trailer
Release: October 9th, 2012

Players: 4 (co-op / versus)
Genre: Beat&#8217;em Up
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Publisher: Atlus
Developer: Agatsuma Entertainment / Bones
ESRB: T (for tittayyyys)

Check out this Princesses hot
un
box
ing
!

Hey girl, show me your package! :O

Why you should care:

If Agashima's new 3DS action title Code of Princess looked a bit like Guardian Heroes to you, there may be a good reason for that. In its look at the game this month, Gemaga reveals that the staff includes at least two past Treasure developers:

Credited with the game's original plan, enemy character design, and motion supervision is Han, who previously worked on games like Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Mischief Makers.

Credited with the game's design, system programming, and player character creation is Masaki Ukyo, who previously worked on games like Guardian Heroes, Sin & Punishment and 5pb. fighting game Phantom Breaker.

Shamelessly cribbed from Andriasang

US Version polished to a glossy sheen, then frothy viscous fluid
framerate
!

According to this dude...

"Code has actually undergone extensive balancing and performance upgrades since the JP version was released, so there are going to be some pleasant surprises in store for anyone that has played the original version."

System and Mechanics:

So for those who want to know more information about this game's mechanics and controls:

Circle Pad (Left or Right) - Move left or right
Circle Pad (Up) - Jump.
B Button - Light Attacks.
A Button - Heavy Attacks.
Y Button - Lock-On.
X Button - Burst.
L or R Button - Guard.
L or R Button + Circle Pad (Up or Down) - Shift planes.

During combat, your goal is to attack enemies while evading or blocking their attacks. The battlefield is separated into three planes that you can jump between to position yourself for an attack or escape an enemy. You can only attack an enemy on the same plane as your own.
By combining button presses with directions on the Circle Pad, you can perform different attacks. Some of these moves, like projectile attacks or area-of-effect moves, will consume MP points.
Pressing Y will perform a Lock-On attack that will place a target marker on the enemy if it connects. Normal attacks will then deal double the damage to the enemy, and ranged attacks will home in on it even if you're on a different plane.
Pressing X will perform Burst. This ability will drain your MP over a period of time, but will double your damage and stun nearby enemies when activated. The effects of this stack with the Lock-On attack.

Here is a three-minute video that contains examples of the above (in Japanese, but at least you get to see them in action).
For more information, check out the official english site.

Moon Language Wiki w/ Advanced Play Techniques, per HyperHip - "For those looking at the guide keep in mind all 66+Attack moves are now 26+attack in the English release."

Characters:

Solange Blanchefleur de Lux

Lady Zozo

Allegro Nantabile Cantabile

Ali-Baba

Tsukikage

Master T Drakkhen

Baku Juppongi

Helga Wilhemina

Marcopolis Neko

Alchemia

Queen Distiny
Liongate

Reviews and Impressions:

Pre-order Bonus:

Dat Kinu Nishimura:

FRIENDS CODE OF PRINCESS - You don't have to fight forever alone:

Name - CODE (New additions are underlined and italicized, older names italicized only, oldest names plain text)
Updated: 2012/10/17

8bit4life - 0130-1951-8180
18-Volt - 1332-7759-0848
ActStriker - 5284-1470-9856
Alf - 3566 1628 5922
Baconbitz - 0473 7942 8686
Bururian - 1590-4798-8605
Busaiku - 5069-3918-6400
BY2K - 2535-3616-8880
Count Dookake - 0731 4767 6497
ExitPlanetDust - 3523-3466-7778
Franco - 0430 8271 6563
Gardios - 2277-7693-8205
hatchx - 4124 - 4998 - 1885
HyperHip - 1246-8708-7843
Incitemaybe - 2621-2608-3510
kunonabi - 2664-2108-7269
lolez2matt - 2664-2125-3755
Lan_97 - 4124-5078-6426
massoluk - 1160-9737-0246
Mejilan - 1977-0169-2527
Munkyface - 3695-1085-5524
Nekobo- 4425-1477-8897
NeoAthanasius - 4597-0746-0670
OmegaZero - 4854-6508-4956
Ricker - 0344-9420-2047
SixFortyFive - 3093-8483-0777
SpiderJerusalem - 5370-0494-6994
TToB - 2879-0750-4788
Worthtendo - 3093 7105 8075 
Yuterald - 1461-6195-7275
Zee-Row - 3909-7518-1895

MY FISTS HAVE YOUR HYPE OF THEM!

OUT NOW~!

Looks tons of fun. Isn't is being developed by ex-Treasure Games employees?

Going to get this when I pick up a 3DS again soon, competitive multiplayer seems a blast. Never did get to play Guardian Heroes, the multiplayer seems a lot like that games.

Noi

Huh, this is next week? It's pretty tempting to get this and Virtue's Last Reward in the same timeframe...

I guess I have to post in a thread with "titties" in the title when I'm not at work... :(

I couldn't pass up a DJ Assault reference.

Sadly I don't think Code of Princess or Senran Kagura are SFW in any capacity. :X

Looks tons of fun. Isn't is being developed by ex-Treasure Games employees?

Going to get this when I pick up a 3DS again soon, competitive multiplayer seems a blast. Never did get to play Guardian Heroes, the multiplayer seems a lot like that games.

Yes.

Former Guardian Heroes staff developed this game if what I read on the Internet is to be believed. :3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I couldn't pass up a DJ Assault reference.

Sadly I don't think Code of Princess or Senran Kagura are SFW in any capacity. :X

Yes.

Former Guardian Heroes staff developed this game if what I read on the Internet is to be believed. :3

It's a great thread title, I didn't know anyone remembered this song besides me!

Also unlike Senran Kagura most of the gameplay shots/videos of this game are perfectly safe for work.

hongcha

Not a bad game. I've had the JP version for awhile, haven't finished it yet but it's good for some quick, simple hack'n slash fun every now and then.

Cheska

I somehow always end up forgetting you play games as well TTOB :p

Pretty excited about this one, have had my copy pre-ordered for quite a bit so I hope I have the time to dedicate to it come next week.

Giolon

Dat title XD Isn't this thread a day early?

It's been a while since I've been this excited for a 3DS game.

For those who don't get the title reference, THIS IS 100% NSFW AUDIO. One of my friends in college 10 years ago was totally infatuated with this song and its wrongness.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bought the game day 1 when it came out in Japan and sold it a few days after. The fighting system totally didn't click with me - it's very unique and feels kind of sluggish, at least with the princess.
Oh yeah, I've never played Guardian Heroes, so that might be a reason.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If I wasn't already planning on getting this, the thread title would have killed my interest.

Yeah, there's got to be a better title for the OT than this.

So, the main Heroine has big, barely-covered breast, but this barely seems of any significance to the game.

Ali-Baba is flat chested.

Sister Hel nor Zozo have any overt boob-action going on...

And yet, this thread subtitle. Yeah, I would have thought this game was more strip-trash silliness like Senran Kagura from the title, but that kinda personality doesn't seem to have much of anything to do with the game.

Something that has to do with the Treasure-related staff, the relation to GH, or the onlineplay / VS mode / multiplane system would be much more appropiate, and get the game some positive, helpful attention...

-----

Ahh well. Anyway, man, it was a hard choice, either a Vita for GR, or a 3DS for this... I chose the vita, so I could build a PSN collection. BUT, brother is still getting this, and I'll be getting this whenever I get a 3DS in the future. CANNOT RESIST THAT LINEAGE! Classic gameplay + Classic art that feels like olschool Capcom arcade gaming, for obvious reasons...

My brother considers this getting a US release, the announcement that saved E3 for him, haha. So very glad to see it being so close to release!

RM8

Can't wait for this. Sadly I might not get the pre order bonus since it appears it's exclusive to some stores. Ugh.

Arla

Excited. I haven't played anything on my 3DS for a while. Not because lack of games but low on funds. Pre-ordered this two weeks ago. I needed those bonuses.

Shame Atlus couldn't get some original boxart instead of just a render of her image and the logo censoring her tits but the content isn't censored in anyway so it's all good I guess. Also a shame no dual audio, the VA sounds like crap but WHATEVER.

Game looks fun as hell, glad it got published at all.

Already have this pre ordered, can't wait to get my hands on it late next week/early the week after, going to be awesome.

Now hopefully once this has come out Atlus can hurry up with Etrian Odessy 4 and Shin megami Tensei Soul Hackers coming out to the US

NFreak

I thought the soundtrack and CD were available for first print run copies of the game and not only as a pre-order bonus. Am I remembering wrong or what? Anyway, can't wait for this game.

OmegaZero

You should totally add some info on the gameplay at least, so people know what they're getting into.
At least mention Guardian Heroes.

zashga

The character designs are ludicrous, but the gameplay actually looks pretty good. Guess I'll bite. Between this and Pokemon, my 3DS is gonna see a lot of use in October.

Ken

Too many games coming out. Will have to pass this one until later, unfortunately, as I already have a boob-filled 3DS title to play.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Am I imagining it or was Allegro a girl in the Japanese version? After watching the character trailer Atlus USA needs to start hiring some variety in their voice work imo.

Top Bottom