• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

I want this so bad now that I've seen the character designs, they're so awesome. Looks like I'll have to get a 3DS..

or hope it gets the same treatment as Senran Kagura ;)

OmegaZero

Also, the soundtrack is composed by ACE, two of the six composers who worked on Xenoblade Chronicles. For those who don't know.

OmegaZero

Thanks for the content. I'll edit it into OP.

Sorry, I don't have the free time some folks do to make OPs. OmegaZero is helping fill in the blanks.

The OT subtitle makes up for it. :b
I actually had been gathering links and crap to make an OT for this, but, didn't have the time to do anything with them and just moved on.

Torraz

Meier

Some GAF posters crack me up. The thread title is glorious -- fantastic reference that is perhaps too old for some of our posters.

I did wait until lunch when I was using my phone to come check out the thread though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Does anyone know if the co-op is single, or multi cart play?

edit: I see Atlus' site confirms it is multi cart play. Boo. Another game I'll pass on until it is cheap.. if it is ever cheap. Makes sense at least, with customized characters.. more so than NSMB2 being multi cart.

Just gonna take a chance and buy this. I love beat-em ups, it looks like Guardian heroes and I need a new 3DS game. Hopefully it works out.

Volcynika

Aww really?

I only own Zelda OOT and Resident Evil Revelations on my 3DS and really want a new game. Saw all the hype this was getting, but I wanted to try it before I preordered it.

I'm not sure if there was even a demo for the JP version, but we're a week out and Atlus USA hasn't said anything about it. Sorry :(

OmegaZero

Wait, is there loot and other RPG mechanics in this game--leveling, skill progression, etc.--or is it really just a beat-em up?

Don't be expecting anything deep, but there are equippable items (that don't seem to change your appearance) and you can distribute points to different attributes (HP, MP, magic, attack, defense, and speed) to capitalize on the character's individual strengths and weaknesses. Impressions have been pretty vague on the RPG aspects and have made it clear that the game is more action-focused.

You don't get any new skills or attacks as far as I can tell. What you start with is what you'll end up with.
EDIT: I should mention that items can alter the properties of some of your abilities, like giving your Burst mode the ability to regenerate HP while it's active.

Coxy

The most important questions are: Does stuff go on fire like Guardian Heroes and can you have a fire sword?

I've heard through sources that this is going to be one off the smallest print runs Atlus USA has ever done. Less than the initial Radiant Historia even.

OmegaZero

The most important questions are: Does stuff go on fire like Guardian Heroes and can you have a fire sword?

Stuff goes on fire, but it looks worse than Guardian Heroes from what I can see. I don't know if equippable weapons can change the properties of the characters attacks other then stat changes, but you never know.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So besides using the title to block out the Titties, it looks like they might have altered the original artwork to appear less erotic? I see a piece of the artwork without the title on it and it appears to have her pants lower on her hip and possibly shorter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, there's got to be a better title for the OT than this.

Atlus didn't Region Lock these Titties (because Nintendo did it for them)?

So bitter about P4U's region lock. Feel bad for the EU brothers.

OmegaZero

So besides using the title to block out the Titties, it looks like they might have altered the original artwork to appear less erotic? I see a piece of the artwork without the title on it and it appears to have her pants lower on her hip and possibly shorter.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/27224/2091578-004.jpg

They gave her a metal bra instead of metal pasties as well.
EDIT: Above link is in-game artwork, to clarify.

EDIT2:
I've heard through sources that this is going to be one off the smallest print runs Atlus USA has ever done. Less than the initial Radiant Historia even.

How did I miss this post?
Luckily I had it pre-ordered for me and a friend from Newegg.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Ah.

I was on the fence about this due to money being tight, but I guess I can swing for it if this is the case.

On one hand, the game is made by the people behind some of my favorite games. On the other hand, I will feel like a huge creep buying/playing Anime Tits: The Game.
Hmmm....

GG-Duo

I'm flying to Asia on Tuesday, and would love to pick it up for the flight, but EB claims that the release date is Wednesday.

Every other website lists the release date as Tuesday. Grr...

bigmac996

If I had known it would be localized I wouldn't have imported the Japanese version back in April. It's a good game, but not import-price good (imo).

I wonder if they fixed the framerate? It was pretty bad at times in the JP version.

OmegaZero

If I had known it would be localized I wouldn't have imported the Japanese version back in April. It's a good game, but not import-price good (imo).

I wonder if they fixed the framerate? It was pretty bad at times in the JP version.

Supposedly, the framerate issues and balance (?) issues are addressed in the US version.

olimpia84

I haven't played my 3DS for a while and this game will definitely get me to play it again. It may sound weird but this is my most anticipated title for the rest of the years (even way above PM Sticker Star).
Here's hoping the online works well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I like how pretty much all the girls have no fucking bottoms on. :lol

When dizzy is more conservatively dressed than your games main character... just :lol

Edit: I hope I can afford this game this month :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Go cry yourself to sleep tonight, TTOB's thread title is killer.

Eh, it's just useless. Doesn't do anything to promote the games features, or expand any worthwhile audience. You snicker at the absurdity, and move on.

On one hand, the game is made by the people behind some of my favorite games. On the other hand, I will feel like a huge creep buying/playing Anime Tits: The Game.
Hmmm....

There's really not much in the gameplay, or even the opening cinematic, that really seems to focus all that hard on the T&A factor. It seems to start and end at the character art, even the animations within game don't seem to pay much attention to the "creep" side.

Supposedly, the framerate issues and balance (?) issues are addressed in the US version.

Good ole Working Designs style game-fix then, eh? Glad to hear, wasn't necessairly expecting such.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Damn, for some reason I assumed this was on the DS. Well I need a reason to get one anyway

I completely forgot about this game!! To many games coming out, but this had my eye. I am a big Treasure fan, and seeing some of the ex treasure guys influence on this has me excited.

Top Bottom