• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

hatchx

Banned
I want this game, but this OP makes me not want it.

Improve the OP. The game is out in Japan isn't it? No impressions? Screenshots? Boxart?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
October is good for American 3DS users. New Art Academy, Code of Princess, Adventure Time and Layton. About Europe, Agatsuma was still dealing with a publishet about the European release, so we have just to wait, unfortunately.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines?

Code of Princess |OT| Defend the Kindgom... with 4 players and online!

Code of Princess |OT| Huge... beams, explosions, and enemies! Online!

Code of Princess |OT| Scantily-Clad, Bountifully-Featured!

Code of Princess |OT| Princesses, Trents, and Old Men!

Code of Princess |OT| Atlus X 3Ds X Ex-Treasure X 4 Players!

Code of Princess |OT| "Those who rule, shall also fight!"

Code of Princess |OT| 1 Atlus, 2 Modes, 3Ds, 4 Player, 50+ Characters!

what was Lady Zozo's name in the Japanese version?

this translation is a pretty vulgar word in Haitian Creole
KuGsj.gif

notworksafe

Yeah, there's got to be a better title for the OT than this.

Excellent logo placement on the boxart, by the way.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines?

Code of Princess |OT| Defend the Kindgom... with 4 players and online!

Code of Princess |OT| Huge... beams, explosions, and enemies! Online!

Code of Princess |OT| Scantily-Clad, Bountifully-Featured!

Code of Princess |OT| Princesses, Trents, and Old Men!

Code of Princess |OT| Atlus X 3Ds X Ex-Treasure X 4 Players!

Code of Princess |OT| "Those who rule, shall also fight!"

Code of Princess |OT| 1 Atlus, 2 Modes, 3Ds, 4 Player, 50+ Characters!
Go cry yourself to sleep tonight, TTOB's thread title is killer.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Shit I want this game... and I like the title too - used to play a whole bunch of DJ Assault/DJ Deeon style booty bass tracks for my friends back in the day.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Code of Princess |OT| The most convenient logo placement ever...and a simil-GH, too.

duckroll

LOL @ the title. You win this round TToB. :)

Can't wait to pick this one up. Hopefully it really is the Guardian Heroes spiritual sequel I've been waiting for.

----

I'm sure the mods would be happy to change the thread title if they only announced the localization of EO IV.

Hmmmmm.

Coxy

These character designers...whatever the fuck they're smoking I want a baggie of it. Stat.

Used schoolgirl panties in Jeremy Parish's tears.

I loved Guardian Heroes so much I'd be buying this day one if it wasnt for region lock bullshit, hopefully NISA ends up getting this out in europe too

OmegaZero

Thanks for the edit, TTOB!

So for those who want to know more information about this game's mechanics and controls:

Circle Pad (Left or Right) - Move left or right
Circle Pad (Up) - Jump.
B Button - Light Attacks.
A Button - Heavy Attacks.
Y Button - Lock-On.
X Button - Burst.
L or R Button - Guard.
L or R Button + Circle Pad (Up or Down) - Shift planes.

During combat, your goal is to attack enemies while evading or blocking their attacks. The battlefield is separated into three planes that you can jump between to position yourself for an attack or escape an enemy. You can only attack an enemy on the same plane as your own.
By combining button presses with directions on the Circle Pad, you can perform different attacks. Some of these moves, like projectile attacks or area-of-effect moves, will consume MP points.
Pressing Y will perform a Lock-On attack that will place a target marker on the enemy if it connects. Normal attacks will then deal double the damage to the enemy, and ranged attacks will home in on it even if you're on a different plane.
Pressing X will perform Burst. This ability will drain your MP over a period of time, but will double your damage and stun nearby enemies when activated. The effects of this stack with the Lock-On attack.

Here is a three-minute video that contains examples of the above (in Japanese, but at least you get to see them in action).
For more information, check out the official english site.

Cheska

Wait, some of you would actually not buy a game based off a topic title on a forum? o_O Uhhhh I'd say that's significantly worse than basing a purchase on journalist reviews.

Busaiku

You can choose who you want to play as from the start right?
Don't wanna taint myself with anyone but Allegro.

massoluk

Banned
Pre-ordered ever since it showed up on Amazon. I needed that old fashion hack-n-slash. My body is ready.

Didn't care about the boobs.

kunonabi

I had to severely cut down on my 3ds purchases this year thanks to the wii u but the two games I have to pick up are this and Virtue's Last Reward.

OmegaZero

The genre says "beat'em up". How does this compare to ninja boobs: the game (senran kagura)?

Senran Kagura is faster-paced, with a higher emphasis on aerial combos and hitting multiple enemies at once. Here's a quick (SFW as far as I can tell) video showcasing gameplay.
In comparison, this is more strategic, but also much slower-paced. Here's another short video showcasing singleplayer gameplay.

If you don't mind character spoilers, here's a multiplayer combo video showcasing some of the combos you can do with certain characters.

OmegaZero

Does anyone happen to how many pages the artbook has and/or how many tracks the CD has?

The CD only contains 8 tracks, and the artbook is 12 pages, with most of that dedicated to official character art.

EDIT: For comparison, the official soundtrack contains two discs with 17 tracks each.

"Solange"...this game has a facsination with weird names.

I'll consider getting it when I get a 3DS, but between Pokemon and Dishonored it's pretty low priority.

P90

I preordered this the first day Atlus sent out the preorder announcement email.

This and Pokemon Black 2 will be getting my gaming time for quite awhile.

Top Bottom