• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code of Princess |OT| Guardian Heroines with a bit more Atlus 'n Titties

Is there anyone around who wants to play co-op online or has the patience to get a 3 or 4 person co-op or vs game going? PM me and lets be 3ds friends!

Zornica

Banned
With the game being out now, I've been wondering if it's really worth the 29€ price tag - especially for a dl only game (and I fucking hate digital distribution).

judging from the gameplay videos, it looks a bit one sided, lacking variety and so forth. Kinda looks like an arena brawler. So, do you actually progress through stages (like tmnt4 for example). or are you stuck to a small area where you kill a bunch of foes to clear the stage?

Danj

judging from the gameplay videos, it looks a bit one sided, lacking variety and so forth. Kinda looks like an arena brawler. So, do you actually progress through stages (like tmnt4 for example). or are you stuck to a small area where you kill a bunch of foes to clear the stage?

I've only played a couple of missions so far but it seems like the latter really. Also seemed like there were some encoding artifacts in the anime intro sequence which was disappointing.

GeekyDad

So...I'm guessing interest in this game has all but died. And with that in mind, I'm wondering what folks' more objective opinions are of the game now that the hype has cleared. Also thinking about picking it up.

So...I'm guessing interest in this game has all but died. And with that in mind, I'm wondering what folks' more objective opinions are of the game now that the hype has cleared. Also thinking about picking it up.

Same assessment here - repetitive but entertaining. I rented it, waiting for a sale to grab it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Jsut started playing this game, so far it seems to be , watch some cut scenes, kill all enemies, level up, spend stat points and then continue on, sometimes you have to protect other characters.

so it's kind of like an RPG but with beat em up controls??

or is it kinda like guardian heroes and a branching story ?

I am only a few levels in, i kind of like it and kind of don't

GeekyDad

Jsut started playing this game, so far it seems to be , watch some cut scenes, kill all enemies, level up, spend stat points and then continue on, sometimes you have to protect other characters.

so it's kind of like an RPG but with beat em up controls??

or is it kinda like guardian heroes and a branching story ?

I am only a few levels in, i kind of like it and kind of don't

Just ordered a copy myself. Though I haven't played it yet, of course, I've read there are no branching paths, unfortunately.

In any case, let me know if you wanna hook up for some of the co-op missions in the next week. I think the online community was DOA, and I wanna try to find folks to complete those missions with.

I finally removed Revelations from my cartridge slot to dust off some Code of Princess today.

Damn, the gameplay really has improved since the last 3DS system update. The slowdown is still there but enemy pile ups numbering 20+ don't bring the game to its knees anymore. I can actually crowd control with Ali now. Something that was impossible pre-system update.

Online is still a ghost town (that's putting it nicely). Send me a PM through GAF if any of you guys want to se something up. Swapnote and friend codes are worthless for this game.

GeekyDad

FINALLY got my copy. Took nearly a damned month. I'll probably be starting it later this evening. Hopefully, at least one or two of you are still interested in hooking up for some multiplayer.

Evilcrane

Hey guys, so I totally missed the game getting released in the EU and only just now stumbled upon it on the eShop. It's kinda cheap (29.99 e) and judging from the gameplay I've seen I think I would quite enjoy the game. I'm guessing most of you have been playing this game for quite some time now, so I was mainly wondering - does the apparently really bad frame rate hurt the game too much? As a comparison, I can play Dragon's Dogma without even thinking about the frame rate, but I have heard people say that in CoP it actually gets you killed. Thoughts?

Oersted

Hey guys, so I totally missed the game getting released in the EU and only just now stumbled upon it on the eShop. It's kinda cheap (29.99 e) and judging from the gameplay I've seen I think I would quite enjoy the game. I'm guessing most of you have been playing this game for quite some time now, so I was mainly wondering - does the apparently really bad frame rate hurt the game too much? As a comparison, I can play Dragon's Dogma without even thinking about the frame rate, but I have heard people say that in CoP it actually gets you killed. Thoughts?

Its really acceptable now after the 3DS update. Yeah, it has slowdowns when too much is going on, but its much better now.

Acid08

Banned
Bought this today, noticed it was only $20 on the eShop. Could thoughts:

1. Runs kind of slowly. It's for sure playable but the framerate ain't all that.
2. Really funny voice acting.
3. I'm pretty bad at comboing stuff right now. I think I'm just mashing too much. Any tips or do you just get better with practicing?
4. The animation priority makes blocking attacks impossible sometimes.

I can't even get past the 5th mission right now. This green armor dude is killing me.

1478-3803-6229 is my FC of anyone wants to play multi sometime!

Acid08

Banned
Played some Ali, she's fucking awesome. Feeling the combat much more now too, tried the Tavern mission again with Solange and it was super easy.

Played some Ali, she's fucking awesome. Feeling the combat much more now too, tried the Tavern mission again with Solange and it was super easy.
Too bad Ali's damage output is ass. Other than for fun, there is no reason to pic her. Even with maxed out stats (going strength heavy) she can barely take down some of the later bosses, when the other main characters will rip them to shreds. She's worthless online in VS battle.

Alegro is probably my second favorite. He's probably the love child of Randy and Nicole from Guardia Heroes. Quick, versatile, has some corner traps.

I will turn on the 3DS at some point and add you for some online co-op. You're in the US right? Online is region restricted. My FC is in the OP.

Acid08

Banned
Too bad Ali's damage output is ass. Other than for fun, there is no reason to pic her. Even with maxed out stats (going strength heavy) she can barely take down some of the later bosses, when the other main characters will rip them to shreds. She's worthless online in VS battle.

Alegro is probably my second favorite. He's probably the love child of Randy and Nicole from Guardia Heroes. Quick, versatile, has some corner traps.

I will turn on the 3DS at some point and add you for some online co-op. You're in the US right? Online is region restricted. My FC is in the OP.
Yeah, I'm in California so Pacific timezone.

That sucks to hear about Ali. I've had the most fun with her so far. Haven't tried Allegro yet and Zozo was super weird. She's going to take some getting used to.

Acid08

Banned
The thing I'm really liking about this game is that it really does pay to play strategically. Mashing buttons is fine against regular enemies bit I'm having a lot of fun figuring out the strategies for different bosses. One thing I figured out is that you can switch planes diagonally so you can move really quickly across the level hopping between them.

VARIA

I'm torn between purchasing this game or Etrian Odyssey IV on the eShop. I have a 20 dollar eShop gift card that's begging to be used.

I've also been eyeing the first Adventure Time game. So many choices. Any advice/suggestions/impressions would be appreciated.

Top Bottom