• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall Street Journal
lwrF5og.jpg

British rock band Coldplay will headline the halftime show at the National Football League’s Super Bowl 50 in February, according to people familiar with the matter.

Coldplay’s halftime-show debut at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., follows the release its seventh album, “A Head Full of Dreams,” due Friday, Dec. 4.

The Super Bowl is to take place Feb. 7.

Coldplay is likely to put tickets on sale for its North American tour soon after the show, given the big ticket-sales bump that the halftime appearance has given touring artists in the past.

They're also apparently withholding their next album from Spotify, making this story a perfect pairing of bad ideas coming out of the music industry.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
better hope for an exciting game because they are going to send people to sleep

At least it's better than katy perry or beyonce, so that's something.

Never been big on either one's music, but at least both of them can put on a show. Perry's halftime preformance was delightfully bonkers, and gave us the best shark of 2014.

Coldplay just seems like a ticket to boredom.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Coldplay is the most boring popular band on the planet. At the biggest sports event of the year? What a silly decision.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What an AWESOME pick I CAN'T WAIT ESPECIALLY SINCE I LOVE THE SUPERBOWL ARGHHH

Kuroyume

Banned
Weak ass garbage

I know the Super Bowl half time show is supposed to appeal to more than football fans but Coldplay appeals to no one.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Cool. Absolutely no reason to care about this one.

This is like walking up to the bar and ordering skim milk.
Amazingly enough, I'd probably do that since
a. I don't drink alcohol (I'm straight edge)
b. I can't tell the difference between different types of milk (had a blind taste test and they all still tasted the same to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom