• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

I don't expect them to pick any good musicians.

But it's kind of crazy that they didn't get anyone with really upbeat, dance-able music. Say what you will about Katy Perry or the Black-Eyed Peas but it's all fun, jazzy, happy tunes that everyone can sing along too. They're terrible but at least they make sense.

Coldplay's brand of slow whine-rock doesn't really have any place at the Superbowl.

At least it's better than katy perry or beyonce, so that's something.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news:

Pitchfork ‏@pitchfork 2 minutes ago
.@coldplay headlining @SuperBowl halftime show, @Beyonce "in talks" to appear http://p4k.co/VrTx3

IPu9lxT.gif

Awful choice. Why not get a good live performing band like ac/dc or metallica that hits the demo?

How many times have you heard coldplay at a nfl game? What about ac/dc or metallica? Every fucking game.

Lame asf. Honestly, if they where gonna go for a big plastic rock band, they should have gone for Muse, at least they can put on a show lol.

Awful choice. Why not get a good live performing band like ac/dc or metallica that hits the demo?

How many times have you heard coldplay at a nfl game? What about ac/dc or metallica? Every fucking game.

YES. AC/DC. They still kick ass and would deliver one helluva medley.

U2NUMB

Not on spotify.. damn it all. Tired of paying for a service that does not get the biggest albums and we find out the damn day before it comes out.

Halftime show they will be entertaining..they put on a good stadium show.

Vire

Puppy Bowl!

I mean Coldplay is fine, I just don't think Chris Martin is very good live.

Partition

Banned
they haven't been good since.... viva la vida, even that had only a few good tracks. I like their second album though.

Oozer3993

I'm still dumbfounded that Kanye has never been asked. He's only one of the best performers alive and has a catalog so overflowing with stadium rattlers that he could go an hour without dipping into B level stuff. #FreeYeezy

B.O.O.M

But aren't these guys pretty good live? Don't understand the hate.

Have a Bruno Cameo for maximum awesomeness

Vire

I'm still dumbfounded that Kanye has never been asked. He's only one of the best performers alive and has a catalog so overflowing with stadium rattlers that he could go an hour without dipping into B level stuff. #FreeYeezy

You are dumbfounded? Really? Have you ever been to one of his concerts?

How do you contain a man like Kanye, he's bound to stop the performance halfway through and go on some insane ten minute tirade about something and how he's running for president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom