• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
We look like a Top 25 team at least. I'm grinning ear to ear with the way we have played all game. We look far more mature than we are.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Look at that three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ascii42

pxleyes said:
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!
I was not expecting that, but I'll take it. I'm beginning to get more optimistic about this season.

NewLib

Banned
Florida is legit. SEC East is going to be brutal as the five best teams in the SEC are all in the same division.

Pbbbttt....

Well, Utah just won on a last second layup after Weber spent all game experimenting with lineup changes. I can offer no further commentary because the stream was so bad.

Goodbye top 25 ranking. =/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Elfforkusu said:
Pbbbttt....

Well, Utah just won on a last second layup after Weber spent all game experimenting with lineup changes. I can offer no further commentary because the stream was so bad.

Goodbye top 25 ranking. =/

Great day for the Big Ten

You lost to Utah
We lost to Marquette
Sparty lost to the Gators
Minnesota lost to Portland

At least Northwestern represented by beating Notre Dame.

clav

Brian Fellows said:
Great day for the Big Ten

You lost to Utah
We lost to Marquette
Sparty lost to the Gators
Minnesota lost to Portland

At least Northwestern represented by beating Notre Dame.
That was a huge surprise. :D

Silkworm

pxleyes said:
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!
I was quite pumped by the final outcome as well. :D I'm just really sad that I couldn't watch the game on TV. All I could do was look at the ticker at the bottom of ESPNU to keep tabs. It's a sucky way to try to keep up on the score, but oh well. Bottom line is the Gators won and I'm ecstatic. Now they just need to be sure not to have a letdown and play well and beat Rutgers to win the Legends Classic tournament title. I'm just so happy that at least at this point with their wins over FSU and MSU, they look like they'll make it back to the NCAA tournament. If they manage to accomplish even more than that, then that's all gravy as far I'm concerned.

NewLib

Banned
UCLA just lost to Long Beach State and is now a Gillipse-like 2-4.

Has anyone seen Kara lately?

KARA WHERE ARE YOU? DONT DO ANYTHING HASTY! HOWLAND ISNT WORTH IT!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Get ready Big Televen fans, payback should be yours this year. I see no way the ACC wins the challenge. First set of games is Tuesday right?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Actually caught my first game of the season today. The Crimson Tide took down # 15 Meeeeechigan. :D

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
bachikarn said:
yeah, your new coach is amazing.

He's going to need about 2 years to rebuild the talent on the team. Fucking Gottfried left us with all of 7 scholarship players.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Anthony Grant should do wonders for Alabama basketball, he was also Jeff Capel's assistant at VCU before Jeff left for OU. I still hate him and Eric Maynor though. :D

i updated the OP with this week's polls. I figured "3" weeks of playing cupcake teams and the early tourney's warranted an update there.

this week's top 25 games:

Monday:
UNC-Asheville at (4)UK
Colegate at (7)Syracuse
Mount St. Mary's at (14)Georgetown

Tuesday:
Wake Forest at (6) Purdue
(9) Michigan State at (11) North Carolina
Florida A&M at (17) Florida
Texas Southern at (24) Cincinnati

Wednesday:
Alcorn State at (1) Kansas
Drexel at (3) Villanova
(5) Duke at Wisconsin
East Tennessee State at (12) Tennessee
Boston University at (13) Connecticut
Florida State at (15) Ohio State
Washington State at (16) Gonzaga
Stetson at (18) Louisville
Illinois at (19) Clemson
(20) Butler at Ball State
(21) UNLV at Arizona
Prairie View A&M at (22) Texas A&M
Siena at (23) Georgia Tech
(25) California at New Mexico

Thursday:
USC at (2) Texas
(10) Washington at Texas Tech

Friday:
Wofford at (9) Michigan State
(17) Florida at Jacksonville
Akron at (22) Texas A&M

Saturday:
(11) North Carolina at (4) Kentucky
St. John's at (5) Duke
Buffalo at (6) Purdue
Maine at (7) Syracuse
American University at (14) Georgetown
Eastern Michigan at (15) Ohio State
Wake Forest at (16) Gonzaga
Charlotte at (18) Louisville
Valparaiso at (20) Butler
(21) UNLV at Santa Clara
USC at (23) Georgia Tech
Iowa State at (25) California

(bold = top 25 v. top 25)

UNC has a fun week.

Meier

Getting a week's comments in as I was mostly away from GAF during Thanksgiving weekend since my PC is busted at home.

Nice game by the Gators to smack us around -- we have had their number for the last few years and got it fairly close at one point but they looked very, very good. Obviously following it up with the win over the Spartans was very impressive... just saw they jumped to #13 -- wow! Well deserved.

Now to toot our horn a bit. Did anyone see the Old Spice Classic last night? What a come back -- the guys really grew up (pretty young team to say the least). I'm afraid this is our one year to have a nice run as Singleton and Alabi will surely bolt...Snaer doesn't seem to be getting enough minutes for it to be worthwhile for him to leave early fortunately. I'm happy we're finally ranked but gotta knock off OSU to stay there.

truly101 said:
Get ready Big Televen fans, payback should be yours this year. I see no way the ACC wins the challenge. First set of games is Tuesday right?

After this past weekend, I'm not so sure. All the Big10 teams are slumping right now.

Illini, deservedly, out of the Top 25. The back-to-back losses were pretty bad. I think they'll rebound and upset Clemson though.\

Bradley Beal (#2 SG for 2011) just announced he's going to Florida. It was down to Florida, KU, and Illinois. Which of those 3 is not like the other lol.

bachikarn

truly101 said:
Anthony Grant should do wonders for Alabama basketball, he was also Jeff Capel's assistant at VCU before Jeff left for OU. I still hate him and Eric Maynor though. :D

??? He was Billy D's assistant coach since Billy was at Marshall.

I find it funny how the best/worst Pac-10 teams in football are flipped in basketball. Washington and Washington St. are the worst pac-teams in football, but the best 2 teams in basketball!

On a related note I get to see USC vs. Texas in 3 days! :D

Looks like USC sucks in both football and basketball this year. But obviously, UCLA has it worse...

is it sad i gave up UK-UNC-Asheville tickets in Louisville to stay at home and watch it on TV then watch House and Heroes? as much as i want to go, i just cant deal w/driving an hour to louisville and back tonight

edit: 94-57, UK wins. only 8 TO's, too. 28 assists.

UK is now 7-0. 1995 total wins. 5 to go. we'll hit 2K against drexel if we keep winning.

up next: UNC, then UCONN, then Indiana.

Overlee

perfectchaos007 said:
Looks like USC sucks in both football and basketball this year. But obviously, UCLA has it worse...

one of UCLA's better young players Drew Gordon announced today that he's transferring at the end of the semester. :-(

Come back Kevin Love and Lorenzo Mata!

NewLib

Banned
DY_nasty said:
UNC officially owns Mich St.

Sparty PROPERTY OF Heels.

UNC is going to beat Kentucky by 20. UK just doesnt have the discipline to deal with the mixture of speed and size.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Duquesne vs. Pitt city game tomorrow night, I'll be there at the Mellon arena. Ridiculously excited :)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
kkaabboomm said:
is it sad i gave up UK-UNC-Asheville tickets in Louisville to stay at home and watch it on TV then watch House and Heroes? as much as i want to go, i just cant deal w/driving an hour to louisville and back tonight

edit: 94-57, UK wins. only 8 TO's, too. 28 assists.

UK is now 7-0. 1995 total wins. 5 to go. we'll hit 2K against drexel if we keep winning.

up next: UNC, then UCONN, then Indiana.

my dad's going to this game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dicky V: "UNC! UNC! All Over My Face!"

ALL OVER MY FACE

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
My cousin plays for UNC, Dexter Strickland.. .I havent had a chance to watch him much with work and all.. but how is he doing?

DY_nasty

Malleymal said:
My cousin plays for UNC, Dexter Strickland.. .I havent had a chance to watch him much with work and all.. but how is he doing?
Pretty damned good.

UNC's defense is so awesome goddam

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Good to hear... watching him now... and I like how he is getting up and down the floor, and I havent seen him this quick since before his injury in high school.. so good to see the Division one workouts and athletic trainers are getting him back in top shape.. I will be heading down for a couple games this year and to see what campus life is like...

DY_nasty

Malleymal said:
Good to hear... watching him now... and I like how he is getting up and down the floor, and I havent seen him this quick since before his injury in high school.. so good to see the Division one workouts and athletic trainers are getting him back in top shape.. I will be heading down for a couple games this year and to see what campus life is like...
UNC has one of the nicest (large) campuses in the nation.

Well damn, MSU doesn't want to lay down...

DY_nasty

Good win at home. Hopefully we master the art of the blowout against Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom