• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
cancunpics2.jpg

this is the floor/'gym' where the cancun classic is being played.

Patrick Patterson said:
“It’s a floor, at least. There are cracks in the floor, spacing missing, parts in the floor where it dips in and makes a ‘V’ shape all the way down the floor. We were dribbling the other day and balls were going left and right. John (Wall) lost a couple balls. A couple teammates tripped on the court cause of the cracks. The court is in pretty bad shape, but it’s still a basketball court.”

it is being played in a ballroom. the locker rooms? smaller ballrooms. i hope UK or any other team doesnt get injured or anything playing on this shitty court. and they have chandeliers!

kkaabboomm said:
cancunpics2.jpg

this is the floor/'gym' where the cancun classic is being played.

it is being played in a ballroom. the locker rooms? smaller ballrooms. i hope UK or any other team doesnt get injured or anything playing on this shitty court. and they have chandeliers!

:lol :lol

are they using a ballroom in the local Hilton to host a D1 NCAA basketball tournament??

Who do these people think they are!?!?

NewLib

Banned
The funniest part of the entire Cancun thing is the big Kentucky Basketball blog has got Tucker Max doing the game impressions for them.

I'm starting to raise my expectations on this Louisville team...very impressed so far, although they have had really weak opponents

jjasper

Good game don't really know what Chism was thinking there but I don't ever really know what Chism is thinking so I guess that is par for the course.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Bruce Pearl is the worst coach in a BCS conference. Excluding Hewitt and Kent of course. But seriously, my god is Pearl an idiot.

jjasper

bachikarn said:
What did he do?

He didn't do anything. You could say he should have called a time out but he has always said he doesn't like to call timeout there because it gives the team a chance to set up a defense. Or you could blame him for Chism being an idiot which I don't think is really his fault. Chism should have driven there no idea why he would think it was smart to take a 3 down 1.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
bachikarn said:
What did he do?
Screaming at the refs like an idiot the whole game (and he had no right to be upset). His players have no disicpline. Nor do they grasp the concept of basketball. Seriously, UT should have won that game going away. Purdue is nothing without LewJack and a limited JuJuan Johnson. The Boilers were often limited to scrub freshmen who looked like they had no idea what they were doing. UT was way more athletic, and had way more ability, but their preparation was an absolute joke. They looked clueless at times. That last possession of theirs pretty much sums up everything. Just awful.

Also got into it with Painter. Class act, he is.

UT vs. Pitt should be a dandy.

UT is heavily favored, but if we play like we did in the first half against Iowa, Pitt has a chance for an upset. Today we were saved in the second half by our depth. We basically have 10 capable starters, but the coach can only put out 5.

bluemax

Banned
I'm late on this but, USC lost this weekend to LOYOLA MARYMOUT, sigh. Even in a down year we should beat LMU.

Also we lost one of our best players to a ACL injury. Awesome.

bluemax said:
I'm late on this but, USC lost this weekend to LOYOLA MARYMOUT, sigh. Even in a down year we should beat LMU.

I'll be at the USC vs. Texas game next week. should be a dandy

so the first half of UK-Cleveland state was ugly. uk was up like 8 at the half, but fouls, fouls, fouls, ugly ugly ugly. ppat is now limping, and we're playing in a ballroom. a ballroom. this was the final 'fuck you' from billyg.

bluemax said:

Go Lions!

I'm a Cub

UK 73, Cleveland State 49.

10 players scored.

PPat is injured.

held them to 26.2% shooting, 5-26 from 3. we did have 22 TO's though. that is not good at all.

5-0 record. 1993 wins. 7 to go.

bachikarn

Our team actually plays defense this year, so I think we'll be a lot better than the last two year's teams. We were way overrated then.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4687567
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Guard Varez Ward injured his right knee during warmups prior to No. 3 Texas Longhorns game against Pittsburgh Panthers on Tuesday night and was taken away on a stretcher.

A spokesman said Ward, who has started at both point and off guard, would not play against Pittsburgh in the championship game of the CBE Classic. He was averaging 23 minutes and 6.7 points for the Longhorns, who came into the game 3-0.

Ward was put on a gurney and wheeled into the Texas dressing room. He collapsed to the floor while in the layup line. The extent of the injury was not immediately known.

hope it isn't a season-ending injury, especially occurring in a practice/warmups

47% freethrow shooting won't get it done Texas. Learn a lesson from Memphis

edit: aaaaand Texas wins! turned out to be an easy 16 point victory. They need to stop these slow first halves if they want to be contenders down the road. Pitt and Iowa were supposed to be fodder, but hung tight in the first half.

cashman

Banned
was watching the Iowa game on Monday. The team looks pretty good, they can turn it on when they aren't playing well. I also really really like jordan hamilton.

Silkworm

Hmmmm, will this be the game that gives UK its first loss? Playing at the Moon Palace Resort might be bad mojo for the Wildcats. A young UK team on the road in Cancun... could cause focus problems. Hopefully they won't lose to Stanford (3-2 record) as that wouldn't make the SEC look too nice. Go SEC! I'm hoping UF makes a good showing against MSU to make up for the UT loss to Purdue (don't want the Big 10 to think it can dominate the SEC in basketball, though that may be the truth :p).

toxk_02

Black Republican
Kentucky down 2, 0:10.6 left, Cousins at the line shooting two.

He missed the first! Intentionally missed the second, Stanford rebound.

edit: daaaaaamn Stanford misses 2 FT to ice it, Wall now at the line with 2.4 left. He made both, tie game. Wow Stanford had that. Time for OT.

bachikarn

I'm telling you guys. Kentucky isn't going to be that great this year. They'll make the tourney and do well, but to say the are a Final Four team is a joke.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Man, we played like shit but that happens sometimes against Herb Sendek teams. Not looking forward to UConn, I think they're further along than Duke is right now. Better to get blasted early and fix the problems than blasted late.

NewLib

Banned
Stanford just lost to Ramon Harris.

Just him.

Edit: Also I agree Kentucky is definitely not a Final Four team unless the Freshmen can grow up quickly. Still going to be a tough matchup for anyone in the tournament.

bachikarn said:
I'm telling you guys. Kentucky isn't going to be that great this year. They'll make the tourney and do well, but to say the are a Final Four team is a joke.
That's all based on potential, though. We won't really know what this team will look like until January/February.

i dont care what the haters say. with the chips on the line, we are learning from adversary and getting better. we HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY DEFENSE THOUGH. and Cousins' intentional miss that resulted in his #5? FRESHMAN mistakes.

anyways...

UK wins in OT over Stanford. we are now 6-0. We are the champions of all of Mexico apparently. and we're 6 wins from 2000, with a record of 1994 total wins.

g'night.

AntoneM

max_cool said:
Sun Devils vs. Blue Devils

WHO IS MORE DEVILISH!?!

GO ASU!
I guess the Blue Devils are 11 points more devilish. Oh well, if UofA has taught me anything it's that it's more important that you lose to good teams than it is to win games.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Michigan 83-76 over Creighton in OT. Manny Harris played like crap for 35 minutes and still ended up with 21 points 11 assists and 9 rebounds. The Carter kid from Creighton is great player and a tough kid playing with a partially torn MCL. He was a big reason Manny was not playing well most of the game. They had us down by 6 with about 7 or 8 minutes to go.

SyNapSe

I just came back but this is brutal, UCLA holding this within a 30 point loss. LOL, portland just hits a bank 3 to be fair.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I have a really bad feeling about this game, UConn is probably going to crush us. I wish we had Mason for this one.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Beating UConn right now, too nervous to watch. I'm real superstitious when it comes to my teams on TV. Don't know why. Could be that I watched every game in the 2007 season and ended up with an ulcer and a strong desire to murder VCU alumni.

AntoneM

truly101 said:
Beating UConn right now, too nervous to watch. I'm real superstitious when it comes to my teams on TV. Don't know why. Could be that I watched every game in the 2007 season and ended up with an ulcer and a strong desire to murder VCU alumni.
the game is not in doubt anymore, looks like Duke wins. Might even beat them by more than they did ASU!

cwmartin

I'm sitting at work in an office at UConn working on my final paper watching the end unfold :(. Good game by the blue devils (even though it hurts my husky pride to say that). All in all im happy with their performance, shook some serious doubts i had about them in the preseason and early games. We'll see you again Duke, we'll see you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom