• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Basketball 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

Outdoor Miner said:
Big 10 gonna lose the Challenge... again. Big 10 way overrated... again. Move along folks.

well, we've never won it. Big Ten is more of a football conference anyway.

SyNapSe

Outdoor Miner said:
I go and get some thai food come back and we're only down 4? HOLY #$%@.

Exact same thing for me, I saw you post that. Went to cook some food up and I come back now and you are winning!

Bowser

If Clemson can manage to win what should have been a blowout and Miami can pull a close one out, looks like the ACC will take the challenge once again. Then I can root for a Wisky upset :D

Bowser said:
Clemson choking this one away, wow.
They kinda did, but Illinois (disclaimer: alma mater) will be great in stretches this year. They'll also be terrible in stretches. Freshman guards => :| ... :O

Anyway, hopefully Clemson can man up and recover from this one.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Duquesne lost that game more than Pitt won it. All season we've been explosive in the first half and then fuck it up later on. I really think the absence of Melquan Bolding is hitting them pretty hard. Their bench is just too weak and the main guys are getting too tired.

I'm very disappointed, but the game was very memorable anyway.

Bowser

I still can't believe Clemson choked away the clincher. I wanted Dook to lose (because they're dook) and FSU to lose (to help out OSU's RPI/make our win against them look better) so Clemson winning would have been pretty much perfect. Looks like both dook and FSU are gonna go down tho...

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Rowdy crowd, physical game, and Wisconsin is shooting the lights out. I can't see this ending well for us, even with Singler playing really well.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
*scratching my head*

Why did Nolan go for that layup when we're down 3 with 6 seconds to go?

edit:

Yeah Nolan cost us the game with that (not really, but still WTF at that decision?)

Eh, better to have a loss in December, good "experience" game, etc etc.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Bowser said:
Wisky rushing the court? :lol

I think there are some teams that would rush the court after beating us even if we were unranked. The rest of the country hates us that much

Congrats to Wisconsin, OSU, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, and Penn St. for finally getting the Big 10 a win.

Forty lashes to my beloved Spartans for blowing it against UNC (again).

Bowser

R2D4 said:
You're unranked and beat #5 Duke. Yeah they shouldn't be happy about it.

I didn't say that can't be happy, but rushing the court is a bit much. It's not like Wisconsin is some mid-major team that's starved for wins against quality teams or something.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bowser said:
I didn't say that can't be happy, but rushing the court is a bit much. It's not like Wisconsin is some mid-major team that's starved for wins against quality teams or something.
Yeah. Come on man @ Wisconsin.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
R2D4 said:
You're unranked and beat #5 Duke. Yeah they shouldn't be happy about it.

Yea my school beat an unranked Isaiah thomas led FIU earlier this season and rushed the court..

Meier

Not really sure why we have been so terrible in the first half of all our marquee matchups. Gotta work that out before ACC play.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Wisky could have shot the ball from half-court in the first half and they would have drained them. Good game by the Badgers. Our last second shot sequence was WTF worthy. This is like the Michigan game last year. They were prepared and jacked up and would have taken a really great effort for Duke to overcome that. At least we didn't blow a 23 pt lead.

cashman

Banned
This Texas team has me really really excited. I really do think they have a shot to have a fantastic run and a good shot at a championship this year more so than when the team was ranked 2 4 years ago. This team just has incredible depth, in contrast to the the last teams that were at best 8 deep.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech over #10 Washington! 8-0 for the first time in 80 years! SUCK IT! GUNS UP!

/now retreats from this thread, probably never to return again.

just got back from the USC vs. Texas game. we didn't play too well today ( and our freethrows need work ) but we still dominated the whole way and won by 19. fun game

Chony

Monroeski said:
Texas Tech over #10 Washington! 8-0 for the first time in 80 years! SUCK IT! GUNS UP!

/now retreats from this thread, probably never to return again.

Damn. Well it's still early in the season, the huskies can bounce back.

cashman said:
big 12 looks like it will be absolutely STACKED

yeah if Baylor beats Arizona State, the Big 12 will be 3-0 today against the Pac-10. crazy

edit: wow, Baylor pulled it off. Maybe UCLA can stop the bleeding of the Pac-10 today when they face Kansas

SyNapSe

I can't believe TTech beat Washington and is 8-0. lol, I thought for sure they'd stink and Pat Knight would be fired at the end of the year.

NewLib

Banned
Too many turnovers and bad free throw shooting, but outside of that about a perfect half.

Best defense we have played all year by far.

Bowser

Proud of the way the boys fought back after getting down by 19. Just too many mistakes and blown chances in the last five minutes.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Jesus christ Michigan would have trouble stopping a good high school team at this point. Our guards all look like they are running in tar.

Really wish I hadn't bought those tickets to the Kansas game now.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom