• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If your offense is consistently taking over at midfield due to punts, that will pad your stats too.

It shows up in the lesser amount of offensive plays ran, though. Alot of teams are running 10 more plays a game. A good stat is just the base "Yards per play" in which Alabama is in the Boise/TCU/Oklahoma/West Viriginia/Arkansas area. 6.46 YPP, tied for 12th.

Course, the same issue comes up on Defense. Alabama has such good numbers because they not on the field for long. It's why the numbers of Sacks, INT's, and Fumbles leave alot to be desired. Too many 3&outs.

Cyan

Banned
So they're not on the field as much on offense or defense?

Are Bama games only 3 quarters long or something?

Lonestar

The missing ingredient, at least to Alabama fans (but probably obvious to you OFFENSEOFFENSEOFFENSE folks):

Alabama plays slooooooooooooow.

Literally, Alabama plays Slow Ball, aka Keep Away.

If Alabama ran as many offensive plays as Okie State, 490 YPG would be the result, and would place 7th, in front of Aggie and Stanford.

Good God @ the amount of plays Okie State's Defense had to play. 1089 plays over 13 games, versus Alabama's 720 in 13 games. 28 more plays a game.

Iceman

South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 10
Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech postponed - but by 20 regardless
Washington State @ BYU by 9
Tennessee vs. NC State by 6
Boise State @ Michigan State by 3
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 14
Ohio @ Penn State by 12
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 7
Nevada @ California by 3
Miami @ Boston College by 6
Clemson vs. Auburn by 3
Michigan vs. Alabama by 9
San Diego State @ Washington by 11
Kentucky @ Louisville by 9
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7

I reserve to right to change these up until 4pm PST - haven't picked a single upset yet...

I also have a question - I'm a little unclear as to what to do with my piss.. that is, once it is hot.. which it is. Have we covered this?

cdyhybrid

South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 10
Washington State @ BYU by 9
Boise State @ Michigan State by 3
Ohio @ Penn State by 12
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 7
Nevada @ California by 3
Miami @ Boston College by 6
Clemson vs. Auburn by 3
Michigan vs. Alabama by 9
San Diego State @ Washington by 11

I reserve to right to change these up until 4pm PST - haven't picked a single upset yet...

I also have a question - I'm a little unclear as to what to do with my piss.. that is, once it is hot.. which it is. Have we covered this?

When your piss is hot you play football!

Cyan

Banned
The missing ingredient, at least to Alabama fans (but probably obvious to you OFFENSEOFFENSEOFFENSE folks):

If Alabama ran as many offensive plays as Okie State, 490 YPG would be the result, and would place 7th, in front of Aggie and Stanford.

Well, they'd be 12th, still behind Furd.

I guess the question is, could they keep up the yards per play if they played at Okie St speed? Would make things tougher on defense too, I imagine.

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 13
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 24
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 10
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 10
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 5
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 10
Ohio @ Penn State by 10
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 4
Nevada @ California by 17
Miami @ Boston College by 10
Clemson vs. Auburn by 10
Michigan vs. Alabama by 4
San Diego State @ Washington by 12
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 17
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

giga

Three more hours till the cocks are loose! Let's see what temperature the fluid that comes out of them will have.

Lonestar

Well, they'd be 12th, still behind Furd.

I guess the question is, could they keep up the yards per play if they played at Okie St speed? Would make things tougher on defense too, I imagine.

If Stanford played as many offensive plays as OSU, then yeah. If it's just Alabama with the increase, they'd be 7th.

YPP is YPP, should be in the ball park no matter how fast you go. I'd imagine if Alabama's offense sped up (and didn't fall apart from inexperience of the no huddle only offense), it would be in the same ball park as it's normal YPP, and since Offense is usually what sets the Tempo, Alabama would stay with it's slower offense, at least until something goes wrong that forces them to change what they're doing.

On defense, yeah, they wouldn't be able to stick to a 3.32 YPP average at that speed, it would go up. But it would have to be a major disaster to match OSU's Defensive 5.45 YPP.

andycapps

Good God @ the amount of plays Okie State's Defense had to play. 1089 plays over 13 games, versus Alabama's 720 in 13 games. 28 more plays a game.

Ball control and grinding out the clock serves it's purpose. Doesn't put up gaudy stats, but it also doesn't typically give up big plays. You need a great offensive line (like Bama has) and a great, physical running back like Richardson to do it.

KingGondo

Banned
(THU) Vanderbilt by 5
(THU) Texas A&M by *gurgle*
(THU) BYU by 17
(FRI) NC State by 5
(FRI) Michigan State by 11
Notre Dame by 28
Ohio by 11
Northwestern by 5
California by 18
Miami by 14
Clemson by 10
Alabama by SECSECSEC
Washington by 21
(SUN) Louisville by 7
(MON) Virginia Tech by 10

My Piss evaporated before it reached the toilet bowl this morning. I'm not sure if I'm just ready for CFB or I need to see a Doctor. I'll go with the former.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
It takes so long to find SFW pics when you Google Image search, "hott piss."

But when you do, it's all this thread.

Medi-GAF: I just went to take a piss and when I did lava came out instead. What should I do?

I love you for taking this joke and running full speed into the end zone with it, CFB GAF.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I would like to applaud CFB for not posting a damn Calvin pic.

That's some NBA-GAF ish.

Also, I am worried about my alma mater's ability to raise the temperature of their piss.

My home state spends so much effort in keeping our piss as cold as possible.

coorslight-cold-activated.jpg

I would like to applaud CFB for not posting a damn Calvin pic.

That's some NBA-GAF ish.

Also, I am worried about my alma mater's ability to raise the temperature of their piss.

My home state spends so much effort in keeping our piss as cold as possible.

http://in-this-economy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/coorslight-cold-activated.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

While I agree with your medicine, I disagree with buying low quality medicine. I need to buy the good shit or else my piss will burn the house down house down. Its like a fucking flame thrower down there if treated incorrectly.

ChiTownBuffalo

While I agree with your medicine, I disagree with buying low quality medicine. I need to buy the good shit or else my piss will burn the house down house down. Its like a fucking flame thrower down there if treated incorrectly.

lefthand.jpg

I recommend switching to your left hand.

Lonestar

USCw really wants to kick out USCe and be the only USC in the SEC:

http://insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2012/08/vehitike-return.html
USC linebacker Simione Vehikite returned to practice Wednesday after getting released from jail earlier this week. Vehitike served more than three months for leaving the scene of a car accident and driving with an .08% blood-alcohol level and causing injury.
He was actually sentenced to a year back in May for the two felony counts.
USC coach Lane Kiffin did not announce Vehitike's return but it might explain why walk-on linebacker Will Andrew is no longer on scholarship.

Tanolen

South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 14
Washington State @ BYU by 6
Boise State @ Michigan State by 7
Ohio @ Penn State by 3
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 3
Nevada @ California by 3
Miami @ Boston College by 10
Clemson vs. Auburn by 3
Michigan vs. Alabama by 10
San Diego State @ Washington by 21

Aww yeah, almost time for some foosball. An ohio victory over penn state would be pretty great, but i dont see it happening. South Carolina is going to wax vandy tonight though.

Lonestar

That's in a class all of its own. Especially the part where he took the scholarship away from the former walk-on.

Waiting on Oversigning.com to update me on this situation.

Oh Wait, he hasn't updated in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom