• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just started a new job (!) after freelancing for four years, and I never really realized how much time I spent on this site, even though I don't post that much. By the way, is it too late to get into bucknuticus' conference picks thing?

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech - this has been postponed, right?
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 8
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 6
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 10
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 6
Ohio @ Penn State by 10
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 12
Nevada @ California by 8
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by eleventymillion
San Diego State @ Washington by 18
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 7
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

I'll allow it! Post em or Pm me

Yes, but screw him and post 'em anyway. No one's played a game yet. We'll make Buck take your picks.

*insert appropriate celebratory .gif here*

ACC Coastal: VA Tech
ACC Atlantic: FSU
ACC Champ: Florida State

B1G Legends: Nebraska
B1G Leaders: Wisconsin
B1G Champ: Nebraska

P12 North: Oregon
P12 South: USC
P12 Champ: USC

SEC East: Georgia
SEC West: Alabama
SEC Champ: Alabama

Big 12: Oklahoma

Big East: Louisville

BCS: USC/Alabama
BCS Champ: Alabama

edit: Holy shit, these are most boring picks possible. I hope the season isn't this predictable.

Holy shit! its finally here! Go Cougars! (BYU)

284986_487304814613153_1486243125_n.jpg

Cyan

Banned

Good call. What are the odds there are even 2 TDs scored in the whole game?

See how easy he caved?!

Well sure, for a fellow Ohio St fan. Betcha he would've held strong for us lesser school plebes.

I tried to make my picks a little more interesting if only because it seemed like most folks were making the same picks as everyone else.

Same. Also because it'd be hilarious to hear the crying if the SECSECSEC got left out of the title game.

diehard

Fleer
We wish, normally its looks like a colorful mess because people are to stupid to wear the correct colors.

usually most people are wearing blue though.

i think its a joke referring to all the white people

you might get four vert action but you also get Riley Nelson YOLO ball

I will rage if I miss a game because of this.
The DirecTV/Pac-12 Network situation isn't sounding very good right now:

- An open letter to our fans regarding DirecTV
Pac12 said:
As you may have read, DirecTV believes that all Pac-12 fans will be satisfied by the games they can watch through other networks. We know this is not true, based on the thousands of calls and emails we've received from you, particularly from fans of teams that other broadcasters don't typically feature. We also know that the other networks offered by DirecTV won't broadcast 20 of the Pac-12's conference games, starting with the Cal/USC matchup on September 22.

If you're one of the fans who won't be satisfied without Pac-12 football, or our more than 135 men's basketball games and hundreds of other live events, we recommend finding Pac-12 Networks with another television provider.

The good news is that most Pac-12 fans have options. These fans can switch their television service to one of the more than 30 distributors that offer Pac-12 Networks, including Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Cox. These providers offer Pac-12 Networks' full season lineup, including some of the most thrilling games of the season and TV Everywhere viewing online, on the iPad and on smartphones later in the season.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Geez, been a bad couple months for these dish providers. Dish Network and AMC and DirectTV and FOOTBAWW

Lonestar

With FOOTBAWW season upon us, I retire Good Ole Hat Cap, and bring back an old favorite.

hatswillrise.gif

R.I.P. 2012-2012

andycapps

Pretty sure that's a typo. Again, Bama is an SEC team.

It's actually not a typo.

God knows that Bama doesn't need any more fans on GAF, and I'm definitely no Bama homer but saying that they were unable to score last year (outside of when they played LSU) is a bit unfair.

And Michigan played Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, and San Diego State last year.. so everybody has their share of cupcakes.

cdyhybrid

Get Your Piss Hot Week 2 - Hats Will Fall

SDSU is also an up and coming program who would probably win the B1G division with Penn State. If we beat them it should count as 2 wins.

Cyan

Banned
It's actually not a typo.
God knows that Bama doesn't need any more fans on GAF, and I'm definitely no Bama homer but saying that they were unable to score last year (outside of when they played LSU) is a bit unfair.

Oh, ok. Probably it includes points scored by the defense. Which, with the horrible offenses in the SEC, there are a lot of pick sixes and such. So I guess that makes sense.

Lonestar

Oh, ok. Probably it includes points scored by the defense. Which, with the horrible offenses in the SEC, there are a lot of pick sixes and such. So I guess that makes sense.

meh, best I can tell, 3 INT TD's and 1 punt return for a TD, is all the non-offensive scoring that happened last year.

Alabama's not in that Offensive Juggernaut tier, but they're in the next tier.

JHall

*insert appropriate celebratory .gif here*

ACC Coastal: VA Tech
ACC Atlantic: FSU
ACC Champ: Florida State

B1G Legends: Nebraska
B1G Leaders: Wisconsin
B1G Champ: Nebraska

P12 North: Oregon
P12 South: USC
P12 Champ: USC

SEC East: Alabama
SEC West: Georgia

SEC Champ: Alabama

Big 12: Oklahoma

Big East: Louisville

BCS: USC/Alabama
BCS Champ: Alabama

edit: Holy shit, these are most boring picks possible. I hope the season isn't this predictable.

My piss is boiling just from reading those typos.

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech postponed
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 9
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 7
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 11
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 9
Ohio @ Penn State by 4
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 4
Nevada @ California by 9
Miami @ Boston College by 10
Clemson vs. Auburn by 9
Michigan vs. Alabama by 14
San Diego State @ Washington by 14
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 9
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 9

andycapps

I've already given my thoughts on it, and think he's too old. But I know a lot of fans liked him and wanted him to be the mascot, so I'm cool with it. I think they were at the point where the puppies that were there now weren't exactly what they wanted, so they'll give it a year or two and then when one is ready they'll name a new one.

Nebraska: "Ha ha, we're totally going to roll through the Big Ten, wait, shit!"
xhMHf_medium.gif

I love when his foot gets caught on the cover on the side of the pool and it goes flying at the end of the clip. This gif could also be applied to A&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom