• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
well, OSUw will have 1 less home game to make money off of. Not to mention angry season ticket holders who's 7 home game schedule just dropped to 6.

Honestly, if South Utah or whatever IAA team we're playing fell off our home schedule, I wouldn't shed a tear.

I just scrolled through all my DirectTV channels and still no LHN of course, but I was surprised to find out I get the BYU network. What the hell...I know like 3 Mormons here

I don't know any of the Mormons, but I hear there are quite a few in the area generally.

Time Warner is a pain in my cock, but I'm still trying to upgrade my cable package so I can get ESPN3. Not sure if I will get Longhorn or not, but moving from Austin to Dallas means my chances were increased dramatically.

Not going to pay any more to get it regardless, but I believe they now have two shitty games this year, and 363 days of dead air.

I don't know any of the Mormons, but I hear there are quite a few in the area generally.

Time Warner is a pain in my cock, but I'm still trying to upgrade my cable package so I can get ESPN3. Not sure if I will get Longhorn or not, but moving from Austin to Dallas means my chances were increased dramatically.

Not going to pay any more to get it regardless, but I believe they now have two shitty games this year, and 363 days of dead air.
Who is your provider? Isn't it an all or nothing thing depending on your internet or TV provider? Changing tiers shouldn't affect anything.

Heck I don't even subscribe to cable and I get ESPN 3 by way of my ISP.

Nah, I have to pay for ESPN to get ESPN3. I can get ESPN over the air, but it isn't a part of the cable package I am actually paying for, so I have to upgrade to an ESPN tier to get ESPN3, which I have to get to watch several of the games.

Also, fucking Time Warner, man. I was talking to them for like 2 hours yesterday, transferred at least five times, and got nothing done. Also, My 20mbps internet averages about 6. My piss was going supernova as they kept wasting my time.

Nah, then we'd be playing two IAAs.

Hey man, only one counts! And I've always thought a 1 loss should count double, though.

And I don't want to hear about it until you man up and play round robing like the Big XII, a real conference.

Still don't understand the SEC being all pussy about the number of conference games. I mean, I understand it, but fuck that noise.

bluemax

Banned
What a tragedy that would be.

The Beavers lost to an FCS school last year. I bet Riley would've liked some revenge.

Also since they're possibly the worst team in the conference they are gonna be hurt not having this game as a tune up.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 14
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech -- Isaac by Infinity
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 11
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 7
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 7
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 14
Ohio @ Penn State by 10
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 14
Nevada @ California by 14 <--- mre's lock of the week!
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 10
Michigan vs. Alabama by 14
San Diego State @ Washington by 10
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 7
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

well, OSUw will have 1 less home game to make money off of. Not to mention angry season ticket holders who's 7 home game schedule just dropped to 6.
I'm waiting for tOSUw2.0 to go 5 and 6 before I laugh.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Mizzou's SEC Bound country ballad.

There are no words.

LosDaddie

Banned
We get married on October 13th, an away game with Kentucky (couldn't of picked an easier game to miss). Hell it may be over by the time the wedding starts if it is a noon game.

YVgcRh.jpg

Congrats!...but on a Gameday?
that's why i got married on a Sunday

If you're still in Orlando, let's grab a beer this season.

Wooooooooooooooo football's back!
iVsR1JNAmRNPw.gif

always gets me. Great camerawork there.

TS-08

The SEC Network is doing a weekly SEC football preview hosted by Vince Dooley. First episode is up.

Yeah I caught that on my PS3 last night and thought it was pretty cool. I didn't know much about Dooley's background except the one NC and that he is Derek's father so that was pretty interesting. I also liked that I got to see Franklin's TD run against A&M on my TV again for the first time since last year.

Jhriad

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 13
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 11
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 4
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 7
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 17
Ohio @ Penn State by 6
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 11
Nevada @ California by 7
Miami @ Boston College by 14
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by 7 Heh, not really but I'll take the long shot. Mostly because I don't want Bama to get 3 titles in 4 years so they can be compared to the 94-97 Huskers.
San Diego State @ Washington by 21
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 9
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 4

andycapps

Yeah I caught that on my PS3 last night and thought it was pretty cool. I didn't know much about Dooley's background except the one NC and that he is Derek's father so that was pretty interesting. I also liked that I got to see Franklin's TD run against A&M on my TV again for the first time since last year.

It was a surprisingly well done preview of the games this weekend. Always good to me to hear his take on the current slate of games.

One year that date will be an important game for Florida pxl, yet you will be unable to attend because of your anniversary.

This will lead to resentment in your marriage eventually leading to divorce.

I ADVISE YOU TO MOVE YOUR WEDDING BACK ONE DAY!

THERE IS NO FOOTBALL PLAYED ON SUNDAY.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
One year that date will be an important game for Florida pxl, yet you will be unable to attend because of your anniversary.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But his fiance', future wife, better half, and boss also seems to be a huge Gata fan, so maybe she'll be more flexible than most women on this issue.

Wasn't there an article a lady wrote because her anniversary was during the super bowl and her husband wanted to watch thr and she was stupidly mad over it?

pxleyes

Banned
Normally, I'd agree with you. But his fiance', future wife, better half, and boss also seems to be a huge Gata fan, so maybe she'll be more flexible than most women on this issue.

This. Going to a game on our anniversary would be a treat.

Side note. Those seats (the ones up top) are always going to be in our family. She is not only joining the family, but buying in (so to speak). Inheriting and paying for the tickets is inevitable. Congrats on your marriage and your new yearly expense!

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
anyone else going to be watching the Washington worstCougars play the BYU bestCougars tonight?

Woah.

Best Cougar is Lisa Ann.

Subitai

South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 21
Washington State @ BYU by 12
Tennessee vs. NC State by 6
Boise State @ Michigan State by 6
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 12
Ohio @ Penn State by 19
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 9
Nevada @ California by 10
Miami @ Boston College by 6
Clemson vs. Auburn by 12
Michigan vs. Alabama by 5
San Diego State @ Washington by 20
Kentucky @ Louisville by 10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 21

So I just started a new job (!) after freelancing for four years, and I never really realized how much time I spent on this site, even though I don't post that much. By the way, is it too late to get into bucknuticus' conference picks thing?

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech - this has been postponed, right?
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 8
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 6
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 10
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 6
Ohio @ Penn State by 10
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 12
Nevada @ California by 8
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by eleventymillion
San Diego State @ Washington by 18
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 7
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Time again for another bullshit "loyalty" map of all the teams! Click image for extra large bullshit!

Since it's my final semester at Florida, I think it's time for me to get my piss hot.

THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 7
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 7
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 3
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 11
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 14
Ohio @ Penn State by 10
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 6
Nevada @ California by 6
Miami @ Boston College by 14
Clemson vs. Auburn by 6
Michigan vs. Alabama by 14
San Diego State @ Washington by 20
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 3
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 11

ChiTownBuffalo

I'm pretty sure the majority of the State of Colorado could give two shits about AFA Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom