• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not in the US. I'd love to see a live college game though.

Ah, that stinks. The games are great to watch on tv, but like Dunk said, actually going to one and getting to experience the stuff around the game and the atmosphere inside the stadium is on a whole other level. Good luck on getting to one soon!

so are we doing the pick em via a google doc? or are we still going to post our picks in the weekly threads?

Nah, the google docs thing is just for us picking our BCS conference and championship game winners.

Cyan

Banned
...so that happened.

Go Bears! Just bought my tickets for Cal-Nevada next weekend. It's great to be back at Memorial Stadium, and I'm excited to see the upgrades.

Go Bears! Can't wait to see new Memorial. :)

Also need to make sure you involve yourself in the tailgating festivities before the game.

Nothing like gameday. ONE WEEK AWAY WOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's ok. You can come right out and say it: you enjoy cornholing before the game.

No need to hide it, be proud! We're very diverse here on GAF.

Kurita

Ah, that stinks. The games are great to watch on tv, but like Dunk said, actually going to one and getting to experience the stuff around the game and the atmosphere inside the stadium is on a whole other level. Good luck on getting to one soon!
In a few years... Maybe. Quite difficult for a french 17yo to do that for now. ;)
(*subs to thread*)

In a few years... Maybe. Quite difficult for a french 17yo to do that for now. ;)
(*subs to thread*)

College football rarely travels to Europe, but Notre Dame vs. Navy will be played this Saturday in Ireland. I'm sure if there was a sports team in France called the fighting Americans, they would occasionally travel to the US for a game as well.

Go Bucks!

Also post your BCS picks along with the division winners so I can put you into the spreadsheet.

Deadline is Wednesday at 11:59pm est.

First place wins a prize!!

(*subs to thread*)

Set yourself up for a (fall) semester to study abroad over here. Problem solved, haha. Conveniently, the Princeton Review has already generated a list of acceptable schools:

West Virginia University, Morgantown
University of Iowa, Iowa City
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Georgia, Athens
University of Florida, Gainesville
Florida State University, Tallahassee
Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
Penn State University, University Park, Pa. lolnope
University of Wisconsin-Madison
University of Mississippi
University of Texas-Austin
University of Maryland, College Park
University of South Carolina, Columbia
University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Totally not serious. Those are just schools in the Top 20 Party Schools that are also in BCS conferences.

SyNapSe

Who's gonna listen to Princeton reviews opinion on party schools? I'll hold out for whatever school Hugh hefners kid is attending.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Get your piss hot? Is this the thread where we talk about our experiences with Thai hookers peeing on us while we curl up in a fetal position sobbing to ourselves?

SyNapSe

Get your piss hot? Is this the thread where we talk about our experiences with Thai hookers peeing on us while we curl up in a fetal position sobbing to ourselves?

Didn't realize it was limited to Thai hookers only. I guess I'm out.

lush

I'm less enthusiastic about this seasonand post-Da'Rick. Still thankful to have some sports to watch again, though it hasn't been too bad this summer.

Still hoping for 9 wins this season, though I'm expecting 8.

Stellar thread. I'm so damn excited. My piss is going to be STEAMING next week. COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Pick'em games coming later tonight. Thanks for reserving the space for 'em, blue.

Yay, Football is back. Now I have something to do on my weekends while I laze around. Interested to see if the Gators have made any progress.

Really don't want to lose to A&M, as both a Florida and a Texas alum that would be a shitty weekend. Otherwise I will be satisfied with a decent showing and a move in the right direction.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
You could boil an egg in my piss right now.

Also, I didn't actually notice the thread title (edit: not the hot piss part, the lack of College Football part) because I followed the link from the other thread.

Is this how we hide from the mods? And from juniors?

Also, now that I no longer live in Austin, I may be able to actually get the Longhorn Network! Have to upgrade my cable so I can watch the Florida games on ESPN3 when necessary first.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Our QB of the future is going to be playing on ESPN2 right now. Tyler Bruggman on Brophy. I guess I'll watch some high school football. We also have a receiver on Santa Margarita, Cracraft.

Also, I didn't actually notice the thread title (edit: not the hot piss part, the lack of College Football part) because I followed the link from the other thread.

Is this how we hide from the mods? And from juniors?

Also, now that I no longer live in Austin, I may be able to actually get the Longhorn Network! Have to upgrade my cable so I can watch the Florida games on ESPN3 when necessary first.

Quite the contrary. The mods rarely touch a topic with CFB in the title, this puts us at risk of getting notice. At least we'll get some misguided newcomers along the way that think this topic is about a steamy golden shower. The ole bait and switch, a rookie move in sales.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
When Duke football gets its piss hot, 9 times outta 10 its just sprays back in our faces. GO BLUE DEVILS ONWARD OUR QUEST TO MEDIOCRITY!

LosDaddie

Banned
Currently watching the FSU-ND Champs Sports replay that I DVRed a while back, and damn, FSU's Offense is worse than I remembered. How is my team an MNC contender this season? ugh...

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea that Arkansas had such a strong Fulmer Cup showing.

Thumbs up to bluemax for another year of OPs.

Just goes to show you can't sit on your lead. We all thought TCU had the Fulmer Cup locked up, but Arky finished strong.

2012 Fightin' Texas Aggies Predictions

@ La. Tech - W - Start the season the SEC way: cupcake.

If you're calling Louisiana Tech a cupcake you should probably check up their team a bit more. Return a lot of starters, have the returning WAC coach of the year, won their conference last year, and you're going to their house in your first game with a new coaching staff and QB. Better hope your team isn't overlooking them as much as you are because while I still think A&M will most likely win that is a very dangerous game for the Aggies.

ag-my001

If you're calling Louisiana Tech a cupcake you should probably check up their team a bit more. Return a lot of starters, have the returning WAC coach of the year, won their conference last year, and you're going to their house in your first game with a new coaching staff and QB. Better hope your team isn't overlooking them as much as you are because while I still think A&M will most likely win that is a very dangerous game for the Aggies.

Believe me, I'd much rather have Middle Tennessee or Western Kentucky. I do hope there's a decent contingent of fans that make the trip to even things up a bit.

andycapps

My piss, it is hot. So hot.

Nuticus - Is the google docs thing down for the conference winners? Was making sure my picks were on there but it didn't pull up.

GAF NCAAFB Pick'em 2012

Here are the rules (same as last year's):
  • 15 games will be selected by me each week
  • Players pick a winner for each game and how much they think they will win by (margin of victory)
  • You can get up to 2 points per game: 1 point for picking the winning team, and another point if your margin of victory prediction is within 3 of the actual margin of victory
  • You can get 1 additional bonus point in a week if you guess every game correctly (not including MoV)
  • Maximum of 31 points each week
  • Each player's lowest week will be automatically dropped
  • Anybody can play, just post your picks!
  • Some games come earlier than Saturday. Make sure to get your picks in on time.
  • Are you a ban-risk? PM me your email address and I'll keep up with you if you get banned so that you can still get your picks in on time.
  • You have until the time the games start each week to get your picks in. Don't try and cheat by putting your picks after the games have started. Be cool.

Before playing -- please consider if you are going to be playing every week or not. If your plan is to get unrealistically hyped for your mediocre team only to quit when they lose a game that everybody except you knew they would, don't bother!

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by X
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by X
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by X
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by X
Notre Dame vs. Navy by X
Ohio @ Penn State by X
Northwestern @ Syracuse by X
Nevada @ California by X
Miami @ Boston College by X
Clemson vs. Auburn by X
Michigan vs. Alabama by X
San Diego State @ Washington by X
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by X
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by X

My piss, it is hot. So hot.

Nuticus - Is the google docs thing down for the conference winners? Was making sure my picks were on there but it didn't pull up.

Links down for me now. I'll be able to check it tomorrow when I get back my desktop.

Edit: I think we should look into giving more points for getting a perfect. Didn't it only happen once all of last season? Or maybe just major bonus points if u get a perfect week plus all the spreads perfect.

South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 14
Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 10
Washington State @ BYU by 7
Tennessee vs. NC State by 9
Boise State @ Michigan State by 9
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 14
Ohio @ Penn State by 17
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 6
Nevada @ California by 10
Miami @ Boston College by 7
Clemson vs. Auburn by 10
Michigan vs. Alabama by 4
San Diego State @ Washington by 12
Kentucky @ Louisville by 13
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 18

cashman

Banned
(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 20
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 10
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 8
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 4
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 6
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 6
Ohio @ Penn State by 14
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 4
Nevada @ California by 14
Miami @ Boston College by 7
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by 9
San Diego State @ Washington by 17
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 13
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

Cyan

Banned
(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 6
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 6
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 10
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 4
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 10
Ohio @ Penn State by 4
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 4
Nevada @ California by 14
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 4
Michigan vs. Alabama by 6
San Diego State @ Washington by 10
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 4
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 4

Before playing -- please consider if you are going to be playing every week or not. If your plan is to get unrealistically hyped for your mediocre team only to quit when they lose a game that everybody except you knew they would, don't bother!

In my defense, I didn't quit the pick 'em because my team sucked. I quite because I was having a bad season at the pick 'em, after a promising start.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 9
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 6
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 6
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 3
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 3
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 10
Ohio @ Penn State by 3
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 6
Nevada @ California by 10
Miami @ Boston College by 3
Clemson vs. Auburn by 9
Michigan vs. Alabama by 12
San Diego State @ Washington by 6
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 3
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 6

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I cannot believe my eyes, you guys are all picking us to beat BYU! I... have a strange feeling in my loins.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lolburn wonders if it's too late for an addition to the Fulmer Cup standings.

Hate being the last post on the old topic.

Gotta add, that after seeing another topic with a shitty title (that Jerry Nelson of the Muppets died), while it's a funny part of College football, it's a really shitty title Blue. You should do better next time.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Good call on marking the early games in the pickem. I know some people were getting them in late last season.

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 13
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 12
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 6
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 5
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 9
Ohio @ Penn State by 6
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 8
Nevada @ California by 6
Miami @ Boston College by 3
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by 9