• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

TylerD

Yup. Did you see the OU game? How did the new QB look? Don't really follow much in the offseason, but I was surprised Bell didn't get the job. Figured Stoops would just do what he usually does and give it to the previous year's backup

Knight looked pretty good. Ran for more yards than he passed (down right bizarre in the big 12 lately). Definitely has a burst that we haven't seen at QB in a long time. He looks to have the ability to make plays on the run with his arm or make plays with the run. Pretty solid first outing.

edit: Defense looked good and former players seemed to be pleased with the intensity and attacking nature. Something we haven't seen in a while either.

squicken

Knight looked pretty good. Ran for more yards than he passed (down right bizarre in the big 12 lately). Definitely has a burst that we haven't seen at QB in a long time. He looks to have the ability to make plays on the run with his arm or make plays with the run. Pretty solid first outing.

edit: Defense looked good and former players seemed to be pleased with the intensity and attacking nature. Something we haven't seen in a while either.

Thanks! What has bugged me the last two years was the lack of speed and passiveness on the defense, and the lack of big plays on offense. I really felt like Huepel was just years behind the way CFB had moved. Maybe with a change at QB he can run the offense differently. I had really soured on Landry the past couple of years

shandy706

They seriously rushing the field for a win against GA? As #8?

why is clempson rushing the field?

Get ready for Clemson to rush that field!!!!

Surprised no one addressed this. Lifetime fan here, Clemson fans weren't "rushing the field" by normal definitions.

The fans are instantly let on the field to meet with the coach and players after EVERY game.

Win or lose. It's a tradition now.

Edit** GO TIGERS!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Surprised no one addressed this. Lifetime fan here, Clemson fans weren't "rushing the field" by normal definitions.

The fans are instantly let on the field to meet with the coach and players after EVERY game.

Win or lose. It's a tradition now.

We've found a worse tradition than vandalizing trees, ladies and gents.

AntoneM

more and more, Clemson seems as cult-ish as Texas A&M. They are starting to frighten me and the mascot already gives me nightmares.

Lonestar

Vandalizing a rock?

Don't give them any ideas, they might start doing that after it happened in the offseason.

Worlds tiniest rock, incoming.

I'm not sure how a team and coaches willing to be with their fans is a negative, lol.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Won 3 championships without crowd rushing the field. They do it for the protection of the Crowd, in fear of Saban killing folks indiscriminately.

Lonestar

really? a coaching upgrade?

Maybe Auburn was going to be a trainwreck, no matter what, that one year.

TylerD

Thanks! What has bugged me the last two years was the lack of speed and passiveness on the defense, and the lack of big plays on offense. I really felt like Huepel was just years behind the way CFB had moved. Maybe with a change at QB he can run the offense differently. I had really soured on Landry the past couple of years

I felt the same way. As long as Landry could sit back and just throw the ball without being pressured he was really good but when the pressure came, he turned into Doofy and was very prone to mistakes. That is the main reason why I didn't think he would make a good NFL quarterback. No play making ability under pressure.

Juice

Man, this is a frustrating game to watch. If I didn't know about all the injuries I'd be enjoying it. Instead my brain is rationalizing every play based on it.

Juice

"If only X hadn't been hurt, that would've been a TD and we'd be up 20 by now"?

I've been there. ;)

I'm not discounting the importance of this game, but the last three seasons NU has lost one or more starters in their opener and I'm really hoping we stay healthy this year.

Top Bottom