• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Meier

When did that touch the ground? I didn't see it live or in that replay but it was a weird angle.

Edit: Ahh there at the end. The way the initial referee signaled it seemed almost like he was indicating it had hit prior to that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That gets an ejection plus a suspension next week.

Manziel throws out about 2 dozen taunts during his quarter of play before finally getting 1 flag.

Lesson Learned; Hire a lawyer and vow to sue the NCAA if it tries to fuck with you.

squicken

The rule is fine, but that didn't look like targeting to me :|

I thought it was really close. I think a better system would be to review borderline cases after the game and suspend the player for a game if a more thorough review determined it was launching

AntoneM

I thought it was really close. I think a better system would be to review borderline cases after the game and suspend the player for a game if a more thorough review determined it was launching

It wasn't launching , he didn't leave his feet. His face was up, initial contact was made with the pads, the helmet to helmet contact came afterward. There is no way that should have been called targeting other than POS refs feeling like they had to make at least one call of it to justify the rule.

Juice

damn it's 2am. I think this is probably the latest game northwestern has ever played

Edit: yup that's bullshit. NU should be called for head to head at least

squicken

It wasn't launching , he didn't leave his feet. His face was up, initial contact was made with the pads, the helmet to helmet contact came afterward. There is no way that should have been called targeting other than POS refs feeling like they had to make at least one call of it to justify the rule.

I do get the issue where a tall defensive player tackles a short QB. It shouldn't be an ejection unless it is obvious, and the hit on the QB hit definitely wasn't obvious

edit: Cal gets so frustrated by the fake injuries.

edit: That should be an ejection. wow

Juice

This is easily the latest time of day they've ever played. This defense is clearly winded after 80+ snaps and hardly any breaks in the second half. I am not convinced anyone is faking it.

Chris R

This is easily the latest time of day they've ever played. This defense is clearly winded after 80+ snaps and hardly any breaks in the second half. I am not convinced anyone is faking it.

I'm not saying they are faking it, but maybe they need to sit out more than one play if they are so tired. Tempo is a legit strat that some coaches us, and for it to be totally blown up with all the pausing sucks :|

Juice

I'm not saying they are faking it, but maybe they need to sit out more than one play if they are so tired. Tempo is a legit strat that some coaches us, and for it to be totally blown up with all the pausing sucks :|

Totally agreed. NU is probably the highest tempo team in the big ten, and this comes up almost every week. I feel like a player should only get two rattles per game before having to sit.

AntoneM

Could a rule be imposed that an injured player must sit out until the next first down or change of possession; for that matter to make it more harsh, out until the end of the current offensive possession?

Top Bottom