• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Eh, screw em.

My opinion likely comes from so many stupid UGA fans on my Facebook talking crap for the last week, if not years then having to put up with my boss being a goof every single day at work. I despise them so much that I'll be rooting for the Gamecocks next week and you know how crazy that is coming from a Clemson fan.

Ha!

I want SC to win next week as well. I would love it if both Clemson and SC were undefeated come November. That would make for an epic game! :D

3rd year having UT season tickets. Ash ultimately put up big numbers tonight but he has not improved at all. I don't have any faith in him consistently winning conference games. I knew the NMSU score would wake the team up but what a turnaround!

Ready for Monday night. So excited to see Jameis.

It was weird seeing Ash actually turn around his play in the same game. Generally if he sucks in the beginning of the game he'll suck all 4 quarters. This time he actually got his shit together in the 2nd half. Also, after how abysmal we were in the 1st half leading only 14-7, we broke the team record for total yards. 715 total yards~

andycapps

Eh, screw em.

My opinion likely comes from so many stupid UGA fans on my Facebook talking crap for the last week, if not years then having to put up with my boss being a goof every single day at work. I despise them so much that I'll be rooting for the Gamecocks next week and you know how crazy that is coming from a Clemson fan.
This Georgia fan wasn't cocky at all. I almost changed my pick to pick Clemson this morning because I had a bad feeling about our OL, but I can't pick against my team.

Anyway, I'm not happy with the result but Clemson is a good team and I'm pretty confident we won't see an offense like that the rest of the year. Gurley was a grown ass man tonight. Defense was pretty meh but having our Star position player out in Harvey-Clemons hurt several times. OL needs to have a reality check now. Swann needs to learn how to tackle. That botched snap on that field goal attempt cost is the game, but man. Didn't think it would be a botched snap, maybe a missed field goal.

That said, South Carolina is next week. Lot to work on. Wish OBC didn't have an extra two days to work on some voodoo magic.

bachikarn

Spurrier hates Georgia with a passion. He probably spends most of the off season (when he isn't golfing) figuring out how to beat them.

Chris R

Wow, that Northwestern college ad was probably the worse I've seen this year yet... Cal still might be able to pull this one back in the second half, that last drive didn't look terrible.

Meier

It was weird seeing Ash actually turn around his play in the same game. Generally if he sucks in the beginning of the game he'll suck all 4 quarters. This time he actually got his shit together in the 2nd half. Also, after how abysmal we were in the 1st half leading only 14-7, we broke the team record for total yards.
Yeah, I know what you mean about him usually having difficulty turning it around. He played better in the final few mins of the 1st half and beyond but surely 90% of his yards passing came via YAC. He still can't throw an accurate ball beyond the first down marker.

The TD run was a good one -- he usually waits in the pocket a bit too long before running but on that one he was decisive and realized there was nothing there and took off right away. That was about the only play he impressed me on all night.

Matugi

Clemson asserting dominance is huge for recruiting for the ACC as whole. Will help bring in dollars and TV contracts and attract better players to the ACC so it can finally compete with other divisions.

Juice

Wow, that Northwestern college ad was probably the worse I've seen this year yet... Cal still might be able to pull this one back in the second half, that last drive didn't look terrible.

Yeah that ad is embarrassing. Can't believe anyone thinks that will compel someone to sign up.

KingGondo

Banned
Nice game Gondo. Looks like Walsh took the lead as the go to guy.
It was heart attack city for a while, but I was a Walsh supporter already so I'm happy.

Very happy 1) our defense appears to be much-improved and 2) we get 2-3 easy games before the meat of conference play begins.

Apparently Knight looked pretty good too. I think the Oklahoma teams will be 1-2 in the Big 12 this year, it's just a matter of the order.

Cal still might be able to pull this one back in the second half, that last drive didn't look terrible.
The defense needs to play a lot better in the 2nd half. Too many mistakes/penalties on offense, too. I like a lot of what they're doing, but they look very young.

squicken

The Thetas at the TCU/LSU game?

Some good talent in the stands.

Yup. Did you see the OU game? How did the new QB look? Don't really follow much in the offseason, but I was surprised Bell didn't get the job. Figured Stoops would just do what he usually does and give it to the previous year's backup

Top Bottom