• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 10| LACES OUT

andycapps

New Cocktail Party logo.

dmFYXqz.jpg

'meh'

That bridge is a bitch. Insanely narrow, loud as all hell.

edit: Bigger

I liked it more when the schools embraced the nickname rather than pretending that it's not just one big party for a week for about a hundred miles.

I believe the takeaway here is that every fan base is the worst and horrible, except for [insert your alma mater here], which is just passionate and misunderstood.

Also, I will never in my life NOT refer to Florida-Georgia as the Cocktail party, no matter how bad they want the name to go away.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I believe the takeaway here is that every fan base is the worst and horrible, except for [insert your alma mater here], which is just passionate and misunderstood.
Also - [insert your alma mater here] is the only school that doesn't throw batteries.

Stupid question but as somebody who doesn't follow UF or UGA that closely, do ya'll actually drink cocktails at the tailgate/game, or do you just call it that and mostly drink beer/shots anyway? I just have a hard time imagining all those rednecks drinking cocktails (here in Tally you see very little of that, unless you count a soda + shot of booze as a "cocktail").

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Stupid question but as somebody who doesn't follow UF or UGA that closely, do ya'll actually drink cocktails at the tailgate/game, or do you just call it that and mostly drink beer/shots anyway? I just have a hard time imagining all those rednecks drinking cocktails (here in Tally you see very little of that, unless you count a soda + shot of booze as a "cocktail").
Jack and coke is a cocktail. Shit doesn't have to be a Manhattan to be a cocktail.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Colorado is the only school I know of that throws balloons full of urine. They've gotta be good at something I suppose.

Growing up, it was Florida and LSU that were known as "Pisscups Universities." Now, it's perfectly understandable why LSU fans would bring cups to piss into, as they've been drinking hard liquor for at least 48-72 hours before the game. Florida fans, though, maybe they're just douchebags (is c***s banned here or not?)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know anything about the legitimacy of Yaboosh's claim about the students, but is there any school other than Texas whose fans just start off their coaching search thinking they can steal away the coach of the current CFB dynasty without much trouble?

Colorado is the only school I know of that throws balloons full of urine. They've gotta be good at something I suppose.

I remember hearing somebody being accused of throwing batteries stuck inside marshmallows before, though I'm not sure why you would do that. I guess so you can see it fly better?

I agree with War Eagle.

The Alabama fan base is the dumbest fan base in all of sports.

The problem here is that you have a lot of pro-Alabama folks here who can't handle the truth. Then you have NC State fanboys like mre who just need a team to follow after their own team's implosion, who then take up arms and join the Alabama bandwagon.

andycapps

I think the most "cocktail" like thing you'd see people drinking would be what mre spoke of, a jack and coke.

UM Oline is blowing it up this year!

Hopefully they just need more time to gel and whatnot. Because right now I'm nervous the talent just isn't there - and there were questions about the group to begin with, so, yikes.

I do like Green. Flashes are there, even if he goes down kinda easy for a dude that size.

Jeff-DSA

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 6
Auburn @ Arkansas by 10
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 7
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 13
North Carolina @ NC State by 7
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 6
Georgia @ Florida by 14
Michigan @ Michigan State by 3
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 10
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 10
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 4
Miami @ Florida State by 17

Hopefully they just need more time to gel and whatnot. Because right now I'm nervous the talent just isn't there - and there were questions about the group to begin with, so, yikes.

I do like Green. Flashes are there, even if he goes down kinda easy for a dude that size.

Ill have to see if i can find the stat again, but it was something liek 23% off all Michigans runs have been for no gain or a loss.

Lonestar

Before I forget, time for my weekly picks of astonishing quality!

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 7
Auburn @ Arkansas by [B10][/B]
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 7
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 4
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 7
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 7
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 10
Miami @ Florida State by 21

JCX

Go Green!

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 12
Auburn @ Arkansas by 8
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 6
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 12
North Carolina @ NC State by 8
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 10
Georgia @ Florida by 8
Michigan @ Michigan State by 12
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 8
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 6
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 6
Miami @ Florida State by 17

GO WHITE!

GAF Pick'em Week 10 Games

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 6
Auburn @ Arkansas by 14
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 17
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 4
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 13
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 7
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 7
Miami @ Florida State by 21

Broank

Ill have to see if i can find the stat again, but it was something liek 23% off all Michigans runs have been for no gain or a loss.

Zone stretch. I don't think we have gotten positive yards on it once all year. Has killed our offense since we are starting in second and 12-13 pretty much every drive. The coaches are learning hopefully since we only ran it maybe 3 times against Indiana (and it still got blown up for -2 or -3 yards every time). I think it might even be more than 23%. We were second in the country in negative runs before last week. Green has looked a lot more quick and fought for some yards the last few games but I would like to see more of him Deveon Smith, Hayes, Norfleet and the other young RBs. Toussaint has not been good this year, is shit as a blocker and is gonna die if they keep using him 95% of snaps all year.

They are gonna have to be smart with the offense if they want to do anything this week, need to mix up the snap count so MSU can't jump the snap like the last couple years. Throwing quick passes and screens to the receivers against stacked fronts is not being weak it's being smart. No 5+ step drops with a TE playing tackle. Throw the ball on first down a few times at least.

But it's on the road so I fully expect we will screw all these things up, go into ultra conservative mode, put ourselves in bad situations (and turn the ball over a few times because of it)

Lonestar

Article on Ro McClain and his exile from the NFL

Sounds like he needed to stay out of the NFL (and Decatur) and he finally realized this. Too many issues, and watching the Aaron Hernadez fallout scared him, because he was worried he could end up doing something similar.

Also, a bit on "hanger ons", the people who would call up asking for money, once he got drafted. The whole part about going back home for his Grandfather's funeral, only to have the family go for the expensive service and bill him for it. This is what got him pissed off, leading to the whole "pistol firing next to a guy's head" arrest.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Blaming leeches for his legal troubles seems like making excuses to me. They should be considered separate problems.

andycapps

Article on Ro McClain and his exile from the NFL

Sounds like he needed to stay out of the NFL (and Decatur) and he finally realized this. Too many issues, and watching the Aaron Hernadez fallout scared him, because he was worried he could end up doing something similar.

Also, a bit on "hanger ons", the people who would call up asking for money, once he got drafted. The whole part about going back home for his Grandfather's funeral, only to have the family go for the expensive service and bill him for it. This is what got him pissed off, leading to the whole "pistol firing next to a guy's head" arrest.

The hanger ons seem to be a very prevalent thing with pro athletes. Good 30 for 30 on all the broke athletes, forget the name of it.. That was a common thread for most of them. Also, on how most of them either don't know how to budget or just don't do it, so they get paid after each game and they just spend it all partying or buying things for family members, and then they're broke in the offseason and trying to pick up part time jobs so they have gas money.

andycapps

Gatas starting left tackle DJ Humphries injured his MCL yesterday in practice and is out for 2-4 weeks.

Injury update on the Dawgs. Gurley is 100%. Michael Bennett (receiver) should be playing. Grantham expects Josh Harvey-Clemons and Tray Matthews to play. So this is likely the healthiest UGA will be all year. Until we lose some more players during this game.

Lonestar

Gatas starting left tackle DJ Humphries injured his MCL yesterday in practice and is out for 2-4 weeks.

Injury update on the Dawgs. Gurley is 100%. Michael Bennett (receiver) should be playing. Grantham expects Josh Harvey-Clemons and Tray Matthews to play. So this is likely the healthiest UGA will be all year. Until we lose some more players during this game.

Well, the LT doesn't help, but Gurley back changes my pick. UGA by 4

We seem to be fairly snakebitten. This game is going to be another laughably bad performance.

andycapps

Well, the LT doesn't help, but Gurley back changes my pick. UGA by 4

Seems about right to me, but I agree, I don't think the LT being out hurts Florida's "offense" that much.

We seem to be fairly snakebitten. This game is going to be another laughably bad performance.

I think it's going to be a game filled with derp on both sides. Probably best enjoyed fully intoxicated. I expect our defense to make you think that Muschamp and Co finally changed things and everything started clicking. Don't get false hope, our secondary filled with true freshmen has made opposing QB's look great all year.

cdyhybrid

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 1m
UW says Kasen Williams has undergone successful surgery. Broken fibula, foot ligament displacement repaired with pin. Out 2-4 months

Shitty that he's out for the rest of the season, but at least as a silver lining he should be able to make it back for spring ball. A lot of people were worried he wouldn't even be able to practice until fall camp.

pxleyes

Banned
Seems about right to me, but I agree, I don't think the LT being out hurts Florida's "offense" that much.

I think it's going to be a game filled with derp on both sides. Probably best enjoyed fully intoxicated. I expect our defense to make you think that Muschamp and Co finally changed things and everything started clicking. Don't get false hope, our secondary filled with true freshmen has made opposing QB's look great all year.

If you promise to keep this casual attitude on Saturday, I will too. Could be fun. Get drunk, make a drinking game for both sides, get more drunk.

Oregon State by 4
Auburn by 10
Iowa by 4
Virginia Tech by 10
North Carolina by 4
Syracuse by 4
Georgia by 4
Michigan by 4
Northwestern by 4
Georgia Tech by 4
Texas Tech by 4
Florida State by 10

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't know about how dumb they were, but the Bama fans that came up to watch the Tide slaughter Duke were really nice people. Most of the fanbases that come to the Wade are usually nice, even when they lose. UVA was probably the most arrogant and Miami brings the most bandwagoners. Every time they come, you'll see a bunch of cars decked out with Canes logos and stickers and not one of them has a Florida license plate. I aint gotta love it cause the hood gonna love it.

Lonestar

It's written by a Tennessee "lawyer" turned Sports "yuckle" guy. Can't say Sports reporter, because it's not really reporting.

andycapps

If you promise to keep this casual attitude on Saturday, I will too. Could be fun. Get drunk, make a drinking game for both sides, get more drunk.

I generally don't post during games, superstition thing and I get too into the game. This is still a huge game and I hope we beat the shit out of Florida, but the whole season lost some of it's luster after we lost so many starters and watched the season wilt away before our eyes. At this point we can just hope to beat all of our biggest rivals, and look forward to next year when Gurley and Marshall will be juniors, and everyone else except for Murray will be back. That's when we go into the Bama QB playbook, we just have a guy that doesn't screw things up.

gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif
gGmDV1t.gif

jjasper

It's written by a Tennessee "lawyer" turned Sports "yuckle" guy. Can't say Sports reporter, because it's not really reporting.
Rumor is that failed the bar twice, gave up, and started "writing."

That said his first book isn't bad. It was when he started writing the second one when he tuned to a slimball.

Top Bottom