• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 10| LACES OUT

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rumor is that failed the bar twice, gave up, and started "writing."

That said his first book isn't bad. It was when he started writing the second one when he tuned to a slimball.

Was his first the Fulmer book?

Carl can go back to UNL now where we can watch his brother just yell at him!

Was one of my favorite things was watching Bo go off on carl

Get so drunk that you cheer for FSU.

I root for FSU because Miami has the worst fans I've ever had the mispleasure of meeting. And quite possibly the dumbest (sorry, mre and Lonestar). FSU fans made sure I had alcohol in hand during the week of the '96 Sugar Bowl (I was a high school kid) even though I had a Gator shirt on. Sure, they talked shit, but so did we. Miami fans started fights, wrecked property, and hassled little kids.

So, I guess, I'm rooting for the team with state in their name.

Quake1028

I root for FSU because Miami has the worst fans I've ever had the mispleasure of meeting. And quite possibly the dumbest (sorry, mre and Lonestar). FSU fans made sure I had alcohol in hand during the week of the '96 Sugar Bowl (I was a high school kid) even though I had a Gator shirt on. Sure, they talked shit, but so did we. Miami fans started fights, wrecked property, and hassled little kids.

So, I guess, I'm rooting for the team with state in their name.

You should never, ever, under any circumstances, root for your biggest rival. Just hope the field opens up and swallows the players, like I do when certain teams play ;P.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You should never, ever, under any circumstances, root for your biggest rival. Just hope the field opens up and swallows the players, like I do when certain teams play ;P.

Georgia has been their biggest rival ever since Spurrier ruined our rivalry by leaving. Spurrier single handedly drove that rivalry with his ridiculousness.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My experience with Florida fans was always way more positive than my experiences with Miami fans. I was at Ben Hill Griffin in the student section when Rix won the game on a long bomb after a bad call and everybody was cool. Miami fans were always the worst part of every football season when the Canes came to town, including those who went to FSU.

jjasper

Was his first the Fulmer book?

No that was the one where he out out being a dick and lying can get you internet fame and he turned into what he is now.

His first book was a book where he went to each SEC campus for a game during one season and wrote about his experiences. It isn't earth shattering but better than the trash he writes now.

pxleyes

Banned

Exactly. Miami can fall off into the ocean for all I care, but FSU deserves a special place in hell. The only possible scenario where I want them to win is just so WE are the ones who get to screw up their season.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Exactly. Miami can fall off into the ocean for all I care, but FSU deserves a special place in hell. The only possible scenario where I want them to win is just so WE are the ones who get to screw up their season.

Hey, nobody screws our season up but us.

Quake1028

My experience with Florida fans was always way more positive than my experiences with Miami fans. I was at Ben Hill Griffin in the student section when Rix won the game on a long bomb after a bad call and everybody was cool. Miami fans were always the worst part of every football season when the Canes came to town, including those who went to FSU.

I don't have anything bad to say about UNC, VaTech or FSU fans, as much as I want to.

Resigned 3 days before the Tulane game. Apparently over marijuana use? Weak.

Oh well I wonder if Tulane is now the favorite....given their season not sure how they were the underdog here anyway. FAU players seem at a loss.

Resigned 3 days before the Tulane game. Apparently over marijuana use? Weak.

Oh well I wonder if Tulane is now the favorite....given their season not sure how they were the underdog here anyway. FAU players seem at a loss.

I can believe a coach would be this fucking stupid.

Then again, Bobby Petrino thought motorcycle handjobs were a good idea.

I want to know what this "social event" was where the head coach and defensive coordinator thought it would be a good idea to light up.

And what's the temperament of a Pelini on weed?

Need some info gaf. If Oregon wins out including PAC 12 game, does the South winner guarantee a spot in Rose Bowl despite losing the championship game? Just curious

Need some info gaf. If Oregon wins out including PAC 12 game, does the South winner guarantee a spot in Rose Bowl despite losing the championship game? Just curious
Guarantee? Don't believe so. But the Rose Bowl isn't going to not take the number 2 Pac12 team. So it's a guarantee.

Edit: Oh specifically take the south division winner? No. I think they'd have discretion over the next team since the champion would have been taken out due to the MNC.

No, making it to the Championship Game doesn't mean squat if you lose, and can actually hurt you. See: 2007 Big 12 Championship when Missouri won the North, lost to Oklahoma, and then Kansas took a BCS spot because of the Missouri loss. If you're wondering, yes, Missouri already beat Kansas in the regular season.

So what if UCLA bounces back and wins out to get to the championship game

E: thx for the info. Just wanted to know the scenarios.

Kevtones

Assuming they finish 10-3 with two road losses to Oregon and a road loss to Stanford and Stanford finishes 10-2 with losses to Oregon and @ Utah it would be a toss up. Methinks that Stanford would be the choice but UCLA does have the innate home field advantage. Not sure where they need to be in the BCS to qualify.

First to go are 1 and 2 in the BCS Champ game.
Then auto Conference Champions.
Then the highest non AQ in the top 12, or top 16 if ranked higher then an Auto Bid conf champ.
Then ND if in the top 8.
Then auto bid for number 3, as long as there is only one other team from that conference.
Then auto bid for number 4, same provision as before. (aka: suck it, cyan!)
Then free for all in rest of top 16.

Only two teams per conference, unless the top two teams didn't win their own conference.

Balphon

First to go are 1 and 2 in the BCS Champ game.
Then auto Conference Champions.
Then the highest non AQ in the top 12, or top 16 if ranked higher then an Auto Bid conf champ.
Then ND if in the top 8.
Then auto bid for number 3, as long as there is only one other team from that conference.
Then auto bid for number 4, same provision as before. (aka: suck it, cyan!)
Then free for all in rest of top 16.

Only two teams per conference, unless the top two teams didn't win their own conference.

The rule giving #4 an automatic bid only applies if the rule giving one to #3 doesn't (i.e. because #3 is a non-AQ, Notre Dame, or a conference champion).

Though that's essentially a moot point since it's extremely unlikely a team at #4 wouldn't get an at large bid.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
heys guys, there'a a big timey AAC matchup going on in the Liberty Bowl. Check it Out!

xeris

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 4
Auburn @ Arkansas by 10
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 4
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 7
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 10
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 4
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 7
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 9
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 7
Miami @ Florida State by 21

cdyhybrid

Speaking of Ohio State -

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Oh MT @MattLombardo975: LeSean McCoy, on Terrelle Pryor: "Yeah, I know him. I tried to recruit him to #Pitt. We couldn't afford him."

tokkun

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 4
Auburn @ Arkansas by 8
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 6
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 4
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 4
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 4
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 7
Miami @ Florida State by 18

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Miami needed five turnovers to beat us. And we held their offense to almost nothing stats wise. So yeah, people are picking you.

But they are 7-0 in the Coastal division of THE Atlantic Coast Conference, one of the premier conferences in all of college football. You may not know football, so just in case you don't realize, that is a big deal. Like Ron Burgundy, mahogany smelling bedroom big deal.

Zero people picking Miami has me all sorts of worried.

Miami's claim to fame right now is beating a 4-3 Florida team and looking ugly doing it, and they almost lost to Wake last week, one gaffer describing their performance as "a runny turd" you might recall. The only people who are gonna pick them to beat FSU are people going for that crazy upset pick, like when you pick a 15 seed to knock off a 2 in basketball. FSU is a 21-point favorite for god's sake.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Miami's claim to fame right now is beating a 4-3 Florida team and looking ugly doing it, and they almost lost to Wake last week, one gaffer describing their performance as "a runny turd" you might recall. The only people who are gonna pick them to beat FSU are people going for that crazy upset pick, like when you pick a 15 seed to knock off a 2 in basketball. FSU is a 21-point favorite for god's sake.

It would make me feel better if everybody switched their picks to Miami please. Being the underdog is way more fun.

And man did Miami look horrible last week. Runny turd indeed.

It would make me feel better if everybody switched their picks to Miami please. Being the underdog is way more fun.

And man did Miami look horrible last week. Runny turd indeed.

I know just what you mean, man, I'm the same way. I just wanted to bag on Miami because they've looked basically just as shit as my team yet get to sit there all pretty at #7.

Wow, would be kind of wild if they won, huh? Would that put them at #3?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I know just what you mean, man, I'm the same way. I just wanted to bag on Miami because they've looked basically just as shit as my team yet get to sit there all pretty at #7.

Wow, would be kind of wild if they won, huh? Would that put them at #3?

Lol, would be the worst #3 at this point in the season since Notre Dame. Oh wait, that was last year.

pxleyes

Banned
To Hell with Georgia

NcpliIk.jpg

Party in the UGA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd6T4M5SxDs

Day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZOVLWr31k
Wonder if this kid ever graduated or just died of lead poisoning from the paint.

Day 3 - Dawgs lick their own balls.

http://youtu.be/m2VuotIkV34

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I have a theory and I'm going to say the Cougs will win tomorrow night! Why? Because I'm not going to be there. I've been in attendance for every game they've lost this season. I'm a curse :(

Top Bottom