• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 10| LACES OUT

Limedust

Would not have expected Cal to be the only team from the big five BCS conferences to be OFFICIALLY bowl ineligible...
by way of record.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
USC @ Oregon State by 8
Auburn @ Arkansas by 18
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 9
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 6
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 7
Georgia @ Florida by 12
Michigan @ Michigan State by 6
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 9
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 9
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 11
Miami @ Florida State by 26

Schmitty

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 7
Auburn @ Arkansas by 7
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 4
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 6
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 4
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 7
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 4
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 17 SHIT ON PITT
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 10
Miami @ Florida State by 14

no upset specials this week for me. I picked way too many last week

andycapps

Beer created for the Cocktail Party game by Terrapin and Swamp Head. It's called Bitter Rivalry. Draft only, unfortunately for me since I can't get it up here.

Initial conversations with our brewers and Spike yielded many ideas, but the one that kept coming up was to use fruit from our home states in a brew that was two breweries coming together to brew and release a beer in a market where, although friendly, there is competition amongst us. Oh yeah, and there’s that football game thing, too. The end result was the choice to brew an English Bitter with Georgia Peaches and Florida Oranges and call it “Bitter Rivalry.”

This is a draft only release, so no bottles.

Since the beer would be released during Florida Georgia weekend and mostly in the Jacksonville market, it had to be sessionable. So, we ended up with a low ABV and decided to keep the peaches and oranges as a subtlety, leaving us with a very drinkable, session English Bitter with light tones of peach and citrus.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Would not have expected Cal to be the only team from the big five BCS conferences to be OFFICIALLY bowl ineligible...
by way of record.

It's not us this year! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BABY STEPS!!!!!!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Pretty cool, huh? Two of my absolute favorite brewers in the country. I too am extremely upset I cant get any. I want a bottle of it so bad, and they should really make it a yearly thing. Could collect a bottle every year.

Don't be a pussy. Buy a keg each year.

andycapps

Pretty cool, huh? Two of my absolute favorite brewers in the country. I too am extremely upset I cant get any. I want a bottle of it so bad, and they should really make it a yearly thing. Could collect a bottle every year.

I've never had anything from Swamp Head. Good stuff then? Looks like it's only in Florida, from looking at their site. Yeah if it was a yearly thing I'd buy a six pack and drink 5, save 1.

impirius

breaking-bad-skylar-horrified.gif

pxleyes

Banned
I've never had anything from Swamp Head. Good stuff then? Looks like it's only in Florida, from looking at their site. Yeah if it was a yearly thing I'd buy a six pack and drink 5, save 1.

Gainesville brewery, actually. I make sure to fill up with a couple gallons every home game, so I would definitely be in the 'ya its pretty awesome' camp.

Damn it mre, I don't have the room for that!

andycapps

Gainesville brewery, actually. I make sure to fill up with a couple gallons every home game, so I would definitely be in the 'ya its pretty awesome' camp.

Damn it mre, I don't have the room for that!

That's cool, I wish I could try some. I'll have to go with some other selections.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been stealing pxleyes's hate week stuff to post on Facebook. The outrage is hilarious.

That last one makes me miss Shutdown Fullback even more :(

Adult Swim should just do those short bits on their own, the 8-Bit adventures were awesome.

Funny enough, my friend in Gainesville and I kicked around an idea two years ago to collab on a homebrew with this exact same name to celebrate the UF/FSU rivalry.

Terrapin and Swamp Head are also two of my favorite brewers, and I really wish I could get my hands on some of this beer.

Swamp Head is great. I pick up few growlers and/or bottles whenever I'm in Gainesville visiting my parents. My parents have bottles of their Gainesville Green fresh hop IPA and Smoke Signal rauchbier waiting for me in their fridge right now.

LegoDad

Sorry, I am a new Playstation MVP, I will get my picks done here in a few.

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 9
Auburn @ Arkansas by 14
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 9
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 9
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 9
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 14
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 18
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 4
Miami @ Florida State by 21

Schlep

Heading out in about an hour to our biggest game in years. Might not exactly be Miami @ Florida St, but should be a really good game for a Thursday night. The teams, on paper, are evenly matched.

Rice (6-2) @ North Texas (5-3)
Apogee Stadium, Denton, TX
7:30 PM EDT, Fox Sports 1

desh

OSUw by 4
Auburn by 10
IOWA by 4
VT by 10
UNC by 4
Syracuse by 4
UGA by 4
MSUn by 4
UNL by 4
PITT by 4
OSUs by 4
FSU by 18

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 6
Auburn @ Arkansas by 13
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 15
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 7
North Carolina @ NC State by 6
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 10
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 10
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 16
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 6
Miami @ Florida State by 22

Yeah, it's a Gainesville brewery like he said. It is pretty awesome.

That last one makes me miss Shutdown Fullback even more :(

Adult Swim should just do those short bits on their own, the 8-Bit adventures were awesome.

sniffle. I was heartbroken.

ULM just threw an end over end pass for a 20 yard td. A punt in a form of a pass. What a piece of shit game.

On their own 45, 3rd and 10, down by 12 with 2 minutes left and Troy run a shovel pass. A fucking shovel pass.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
So tired of this. Fucking embarrassing.

AntoneM

looking like we will be bowl eligible after this game.* also looking like our first win away from home.*

*Barring an amazing come back by WSU.

Top Bottom