• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's hard for me to fathom how a school like Stanford can be so good at football

I've thought that it might be because they are the only PAC team built like a B1G/SEC team. Sort of like having 1 Triple Option team out there, being totally different, which is harder to prep for in the middle of the year.

Except built to run better, because Triple Option has such a high failure rate.

Like they are the antithesis of the "Light, fast, and wide open" PAC conference.

But yeah, Overwhelming size advantage negates almost all "speed advantage" in the trenches, and Stanford has that over Oregon

Lonestar

dear jebus, that push when you know it's coming....

btw, not sure how there aren't false starts. Lots of little "ticks" going on.

:lol, really?

Lonestar

Does this mean Oregon would get rolled by Bama or FSU?

I'd have to figure both Alabama and FSU would rather play Oregon, than each other.

Being too similar in strengths is why Alabama/LSU is always a nightmare for me.

Stanford is good because they have good players. It's hard to recruit against Stanford.

I guess. I would've thought most nationally recruited players wouldn't want to come to Stanford, but I guess I'm wrong. Would Princeton or Harvard eventually become a top team if they started offering scholarships?

Lonestar

No way in hell this Oregon team beats Bama or FSU.Good lord they are getting clobbered up front.

That 3rd and short where Stanford went GoalLine, and Oregon put at least 10 in the box, a 5 yard wave rolled over the middle. That's not good, and can't be schemed against, beyond "go lower" in hopes of wedging the offensive line in a pileup.

Karl2177

This, BTW, is the crew that sucks worse than any officiating crew in the B12. The same crew that blew the Iowa St. v. Texas game, and called the Texas Tech v. OU game, in which they called a phantom offensive PI call on Texas Tech in the end zone (should have been a defensive PI-1st and goal at the 2) that was singled out as the worst call of the week in Mike Pereira's weekly column for Fox Sports.

...so expect comedy and/or face palming.

I see they've already fucked up a call. What exactly happened in it? Also, what happened to Seastrunk?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Show a full replay maybe? Come the fuck on ESPN.

Top Bottom