• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That's not targeting.

This crew sucks so bad. Giving OU the game.

This reminds me, was the overturned targeting ejection in the Tech game last week a good overturn? We only saw one or two replays in the stadium but it looked like a textbook targeting call to me. Was really surprised he got to come back in the game, though again we only saw one or two angles.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
#6 is a loser. Targeting foul is tough b/c the WR lowered his head

They really should take that into consideration. If the defender targets the shoulder and the wide receiver lowers his body to brace for the impact and ends up getting hit in the helmet, it shouldn't be targeting.

This reminds me, was the overturned targeting ejection in the Tech game last week a good overturn? We only saw one or two replays in the stadium but it looked like a textbook targeting call to me. Was really surprised he got to come back in the game, though again we only saw one or two angles.

I cannot remember at all, and I don't have the video on here on this computer.

TylerD

Yes it was a good overturn. The defensive player basically had hos hands inside his body and was trying to pull up.

tokkun

They really should take that into consideration. If the defender targets the shoulder and the wide receiver lowers his body to brace for the impact and ends up getting hit in the helmet, it shouldn't be targeting.

Defender needs to try to wrap up on the tackle. If he had done that rather than just chipping with his shoulder there would have been no penalty.

Jhriad

holy fuck the refs just bend baylor the fuck over.

deserved

edit: and come on. this is textbook targeting. no place for it. no need for that. get his ass out.

wow at keeping him in.

Someone needs to go back to school so he can read the textbook again. It was a good solid hit, nothing more.

Jhriad

dat forearm follow through showed his intent, though. he wanted to lay him out.

And it was at least a good penalty. Defenseless receiver and all that.

Good Lord... What is this babyball? Go play watch some tag football and leave the real thing to the adults.

Someone needs to go back to school so he can read the textbook again. It was a good solid hit, nothing more.

just because big xii refs are incompetent doesnt mean i need to go back to school

:jnc

and lol baylor. college baseball season starts tonight i guess!

lol... safe to say no team in this game, no matter the outcome, should be in the mnc discussion.

unless.... this can just be your standard game of the century(TM) in progress!

Lol, tweet from former a&m athletic director:

@Bill_Byrne: We all new BU was overrated & OU had lots of injuries, but this is hard to watch. I wonder what is on the LHN. Probably a volleyball replay

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think they may have just awakened the dragon.
Yes it was a good overturn. The defensive player basically had hos hands inside his body and was trying to pull up.

From our camera angle/big screen viewing angle it looked like he had dropped his hands intentionally to lay the hit.

Top Bottom