• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Oregon just getting punched in the mouth repeatedly. Time to see if they can get off the mat. Very lucky they're not down 21 right now.

Pimpwerx

Oh shit, I forgot this game was on. Was watching the Heat-Clips game. How is Stanford up 17-0? Someone fill me in.

I want Stanford to win so FSU can make the national championship game. I think they're too damn good to be denied, and I want the best team to rub their dick all over Saban's smug face in the title game this year. PEACE.

Of course we would be in the MNC if we win out and yall lose tonight. That isn't a question. I am just saying it would be just like us to drop the game against Wake once it becomes just a matter of beating four teams we should easily beat.

Yep. I fear Wake, now. Hell, the remaining schedule scares me more than Clemson, Maryland, and Miami given the past decade of head shaking performances...

Meier

Couldn't ask for a better first half. Would have preferred Stanford go for the knockout blow but can't blame them for taking the points.

Pimpwerx

If I thought FSU had any shot against Bama, I'd be all for them being in the title game.

But no. It'll be another case of overhyped team comes in and Bama shuts them the fuck down. Still, probably better than another OSU title game fail.

Meh. I think they'd stand a better chance than OU. From the looks of it, Bama would do exactly what Stanford is doing to them now, but much worse. At least FSU has a well-rounded team. Plus, I'm a bit of a Famous Jameis mark these days. PEACE.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yep. I fear Wake, now. Hell, the remaining schedule scares me more than Clemson, Maryland, and Miami given the past decade of head shaking performances...

We got Wake and Cuse and Idaho. It is the two rivalry games to end the season that have me a little worried.

Cyan, calling FSU overhyped is silly. Bama being on a different level than every other team in the country doesn't make everyone else overhyped. It makes Bama a bunch of dirty cheaters who have a coach that hacks the game and ups the statistics of his players.

Bama is just (annoyingly) that good. FSU has as good a shot at taking them down in the MNC as anybody in the country.

Kevtones

Oregon's made such huge mistakes tonight.

The missed TD. The fumble. The non-FG. The bad PI call was huge too.

Just really disappointing. Also Stanford doesn't have a penalty.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oh man, that tackling on 3rd and long, inside the 10. That feels like a long time ago. Like 7 minutes of game time ago.

cdyhybrid

I'm trying, but I can't hear you over the sound of 10 years.

Will that keep you warm at night if Stanford beats you? Because this has kept me warm the last 12 years or so:

JlJlbTa.png

Harvard isn't part of the FBS.

Well, that too :p

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Have you seen Florida play this year?

Yes, and it gives me the warm fuzzies, but rivalry games can be tricky. Florida will be highly motivated to give Muschamp an extra two seasons by ruining our MNC hopes.

And I love Mark May.

Lonestar

Will that keep you warm at night if Stanford beats you? Because this has kept me warm the last 12 years or so:

JlJlbTa.png

Well, that too :p

I can't remember when this happened :lol

That 1991? Thought 1992 was the 1st year of the Crystal Ball.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's a preemptive retrospective.

You'll see. :p

I am not saying we would beat Bama, I am saying we are really good. Bama is just stupidly well coached and it isn't fair and the NCAA should strip them of their titles and give them to us.

I wasn't arguing that bit. :p Oregon tends to be easier to stop when you've got a) a physical line and b) months to prepare for them. Both of which would be the case in a title game.

I partly disagree. Then, Oregon would also have a month to prepare offensively.

The only issue Oregon has today (and it's a big one) is that it didn't come prepared to stop the inside run. I am confident that the Oregon HC will make the necessary adjustments for the 2nd half.

Auburn - Oregon was a pretty tight game, when it was all said and done, and was due to be decided in OT before that controversial Dyer run that led to the game-winning FG.

Pimpwerx

How does Thursday night go from the shittiest night of college ball to having two marquee games on at the same time, plus an NFL game? I never thought I'd say it, but there's too much damn football on tonight. Sacrilege, I know. PEACE.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So is the player on Stanford who wore #7 in the first half going to have to change his number for the second half?
How does Thursday night go from the shittiest night of college ball to having two marquee games on at the same time, plus an NFL game? I never thought I'd say it, but there's too much damn football on tonight. Sacrilege, I know. PEACE.
Thursday night PACtion, baby! Thursday night Big Twaction!

Lonestar

Not really buying into the Baylor hype from kicking OU's ass. Texas killed them, and Blake Bell seems like a slightly faster or slower version of Jeff Driskel, and they don't have Florida's Defense.

Hey guys, Stanford University is the reaon John Elway is standing at the middle of thier stadium as they retired his numbers.

Without Stanford, he wouldnt be there!

Great speech John...

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

The only issue Oregon has today (and it's a big one) is that it didn't come prepared to stop the inside run. I am confident that the Oregon HC will make the necessary adjustments for the 2nd half.

Auburn - Oregon was a pretty tight game, when it was all said and done, and was due to be decided in OT before that controversial Dyer run that led to the game-winning FG.

It isn't schemes preventing Oregon from stopping Stanford running up the middle, it is skill and size.

cdyhybrid

It was only close because Auburn was a one-man team.

Every single time Oregon plays a big physical team they get dominated, its the same song and dance year after year.

Lonestar

Can't draw up an extra 30 lbs per lineman during the half. Now, I'd like to see what they would try to do to fix this :lol

Thinking of it, maybe they could try having the safety's run from 10 yards back and try to time the snap with momentum, might help stop the inside push. But opens up the middle like crazy.

Top Bottom