• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

squicken

Still don't see Ohio State losing b/c of the awful Big 10. Baylor looked beatable early. FSU has passed their 2 tests. Oddly Bama most likely to lose but that is b/c the conference is just good

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
13676451-large.png

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Stanford's play over the last five minutes gave Pollack a chance to back-pedal.

Meier

That ending about made me shit a brick. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Ohio State might have a chance against FSU. Let's not do that. I'd rather see Ohio State get drubbed by an SEC team again.

Don't think so. We'd beat them by 14-21 IMO. I'm the most scared of Baylor.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I think the real losers tonight were those poor Oregon students who had the thriving business selling "We Want Bama" t-shirts.

Kevtones

Time of possession: 14:30 to 45:30

Oregon only had 7 possessions. Insane.

3 red-zone fuck ups. 2 TDs. 2 punts.

Think if Oregon kicks the FG on the 2nd possession or they hit that open TD on the first possession, game flow changes a bunch. Oh well.

Jhriad

Don't think so. We'd beat them by 14-21 IMO. I'm the most scared of Baylor.

Oh, I think FSU wins that one but it'd be closer than I'd like. Also everyone should be a little scared of Baylor. That offense plus what looks to be a pretty decent defense? Yes, please.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, I had Stanford by 6 :lol, at least the comeback helps me.

Can I get like a 10 point for getting Stanford/Oregon exactly right :p

Jhriad

Follow up quote was better."they lost to utah though."

Palmer "yeah but they werent playing stanford football then!"

Its cool guys, they werent playing stanford football at the time, dont worry about it!!

Don't worry Ohio State will continue to play the best B1G ball and quietly be forgotten by everyone. One day our conference will be relevant again.

Kevtones

Kind of funny though that Oregon got literally beaten to a pulp for 52 minutes and still only lost by 6 points.

Losses in the past 4 years for the Ducks:

By 3 vs. Auburn
By 13 vs. LSU
By 3 vs. USC
By 3 vs. Stanford
By 6 @ Stanford

Sigh. There goes the 19-game road winning streak, too.

Phenomic

Follow up quote was better."they lost to utah though."

Palmer "yeah but they werent playing stanford football then!"

Its cool guys, they werent playing stanford football at the time, dont worry about it!!

Is there any way we can make this the new thing? You know... no matter what happens we can just claim we weren't playing "Insert Our Team Football "here.

Scenario 1 : Alabama is still number one after a loss to LSU and then another upset by Auburn... Reasoning: They weren't playing real Alabama football,

Scenario 2: FSU loses to Idaho... eh whatever... they weren't playing true Jameis Winston FSU football. Don't lose any ranks.

Scenario 3: Hawaii hasn't won a single game, but they obviously haven't been playing serious Island Football. Top 25 instantly.

Don't get me wrong I get what he was trying to get at... Stanford is a decent team, but man he took it a little far in my humble/worthless opinion. Glad I have a defense for any scenario now though when my team loses out :D Haha that gave me a good laugh with the hyperbole though.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of funny though that Oregon got literally beaten to a pulp for 52 minutes and still only lost by 6 points.

Losses in the past 4 years for the Ducks:

By 3 vs. Auburn
By 13 vs. LSU
By 3 vs. USC
By 3 vs. Stanford
By 6 @ Stanford

Sigh. There goes the 19-game road winning streak, too.

That is pretty god damn impressive.

Piggus

Good lord we played like absolute garbage and Furd played extremely well. We deserved that loss for sure.

Would have been cool if we had recovered that last onside kick though.

Draconian

Does that guy that comes and hypes up Oregon almost every year while trashing Bama for not beating anybody noteworthy still come in here?

Kevtones

Good lord we played like absolute garbage and Furd played extremely well. We deserved that loss for sure.

Would have been cool if we had recovered that last onside kick though.

Yeah, it was worst case scenario too. I guess Mariota having an MCL sprain didn't help. He was super obvious on the read tonight. Thought he played okay aside from a couple missed throws tbh (the big'un is that first underthrow TD).

Silver lining is that I think Mariota comes back next year. Maybe DAT too.

I bet they stay ahead of Clemson.

As much as that will annoy me that is where I see them as well. Oregon 6, Clemson 7.

It would take some more craziness for that to mean anything. If both teams win out, they'll both likely be in BCS games. Heck, they could face each other in the Orange if FSU is in the MNC and Stanford is in the Rose Bowl. If Clemson trips up (say, against South Carolina), then next week's ranking doesn't mean anything anyway.

Kevtones

MNC: Bama vs. FSU
Rose: Stanford vs. Ohio State
Fiesta: Oregon vs. Baylor
Orange: Clemson vs. Fresno State
Sugar: Missouri vs. Notre Dame

I've read from people that know that the Orange has the first selection among BCS "at larges" this year. I don't think they'll select Fresno State.

The ACC champion goes to the Orange if its not playing in the BCS title game, so we put Florida State in that position for now. If the Seminoles end up in Pasadena, however, the most likely scenario is for Clemson to be picked by the Orange as a replacement. Miami is also alive, as the Hurricanes are not only the favorite to win the Coastal Division and have a chance to win the ACC title on the field in December, but there's also a chance UM could be picked if it finishes with just a pair of losses to FSU, and Clemson takes a second loss. Keep in mind, this bowl game is in Miami.

After the top two teams are assigned to the BCS title game, and the bowls that are contracted to have the champions from those conferences have made their replacement picks, the first at-large selection goes to the Orange Bowl. And even though most fans hate to hear this, Notre Dame is relatively certain to be the first pick if the Irish are eligible (top 14 in the final BCS Standings). More than likely, ND will have to win out, including a victory at Stanford, to get that high.

Assuming that doesn't happen, the Orange will probably turn to the Big Ten. If Wisconsin finishes 10-2 on a seven-game winning streak, the Badgers are an attractive option. If Wisconsin stumbles, Michigan State could be next in line if the Spartans don't lose again until the Big Ten championship game. Of course, if MSU were to win the Big Ten title and hand Ohio State its first loss of the season, that might send the Buckeyes to the front of this Big Ten line. And if none of those things happens, the Orange could go west and take Oklahoma or Oklahoma State if either team finishes 10-2 but is not the Big 12 champ.

That's why I say they'll take Oregon, depending on what happens to Notre Dame. I don't think that (a) a Big Ten team will be attractive enough or (b) this was written with the thought that Oregon might not be Pac-12 champion.

Top Bottom