• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

I want Narduzzi, I don't think Diaco is anything special.

Both of them seem to have a better football IQ than Flood.

Flood oversaw/recruited some of the worst OL's in recent memory, was the only coach left on staff that Schiano didn't want, and inherited a BCS HC job by default.

He should've been given a 1 year contract, 2 at the most.

Draxal

Both of them seem to have a better football IQ than Flood.

Flood oversaw/recruited some of the worst OL's in recent memory, was the only coach left on staff that Schiano didn't want, and inherited a BCS HC job by default.

He should've been given a 1 year contract, 2 at the most.

Both are better than Flood, but it's not exactly a high bar. Narduzzi >> Diaco.

Schiano/Tampa fucked Rutgers so much in the timing of that hire, and nobody but Old Hot Piss John L Smith would have accepted a one year contract. So I'm laughing at what happened to Tampa.

I'm hoping the backlash given to Hermann gives her the authority to empower to hire a real coach. She was at Louisville during the Kraglethorpe years so she knows what a bad coach can do to a program.

Both are better than Flood, but it's not exactly a high bar. Narduzzi >> Diaco.

Schiano/Tampa fucked Rutgers so much in the timing of that hire, and nobody but Old Hot Piss John L Smith would have accepted a one year contract. So I'm laughing at what happened to Tampa.

I'm hoping the backlash given to Hermann gives her the authority to empower to hire a real coach. She was at Louisville during the Kraglethorpe years so she knows what a bad coach can do to a program.

All I can hope for is that if/when Greg gets the axe, Hafley/Angelicho come back to Rutgers.

Cohen needs to be gone ASAP.

I don't know how good Robb Smith truly was as a DC since well that Defense was stacked, just look at how many of those players are in the NFL right now.

This was a particularly dumb comment to make--albeit a safe one at the moment until Bama or FSU slip up--and if it were made by a player from any other school you would agree.

Honestly, I wouldn't have anything compelling to say about it and would likely ignore it completely.

Oh, come on.

We sure as hell didn't think Urbz and Florida would steamroll us in 2007. I just find it hilarious that people speak with such certainty about a sport we know is absolutely fucking nuts.

that tOSU wide receiver's comments in regards to defeating FSU and Bama are now front page espn.com

When will tOSU players learn?

original.png

They should know better

cdyhybrid

Spencer Hall ‏@edsbs 1m
oh no no no no no no no no don't even say it RT @Matt_HayesSN: The question isn't if Greg Schiano gets fired, it's where he lands in #CFB.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We sure as hell didn't think Urbz and Florida would steamroll us in 2007. I just find it hilarious that people speak with such certainty about a sport we know is absolutely fucking nuts.
You mean like making a statement about how you would "wipe the field" with either of the top two ranked teams? I agree; it is absolutely fucking nuts.

Got an argument with a buddy of mine who went to Auburn. He wanted to know why Rutgers fans in general didn't want Schiano back.

I was just mainly surprised he knew more than one Rutgers fan in South Carolina. Therefore it was difficult for me to come up with a good answer.

With that said, I will take Schiano over Flood. The only thing Flood's done is fail upward.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Nah, I think Duke has got this. They're on a hot streak, winning five in a row and they're at home. It would be awesome if Duke won out and made it to the ACC championship game. I'm pulling for you guys!

Defense has been playing very well relative to the talent/youth but the offense is now a hot mess. Our starting QB is now averaging 1 interception per qtr since he came back from injury and his back up at best is a 3rd world country's Tim Tebow, only without Jesus powers. We actually have talent at RB and should run way more than the team does, but Kurt Roper ain't about that life.

mre

It's here. Meltdown time: http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2013/11...-meltdown-time-oregon-lsu-miles-stoops-heupel

There are some real fine, meltdowns in there, but I think this is my favorite:
[Les] will probably take them for ice cream. This team knows nothing about pride or character. This is a very, very soft team with a low moral threshold. I have supported Miles his entire time but this was an absolute shambles. he needs to go.
The mental image of four buses full of dejected LSU players stopping at a Dairy Queen is too awesome.

KingGondo

Banned
Meltdown said:
This is a very, very soft team with a low moral threshold.
I also enjoy how many football fans conflate morality and character with performance on the football field.

*psst... hey LSU fans... maybe your team is just worse than Bama*

ToxicAdam

It's MAC football night! Please be excited. Toledo taking on a sorry ass Buffalo team.

Next week is the big game though, against Northern Illinois (Wed. ESPN). It's kind of crazy how that game has turned into the big rivalry with NIU coming out of nowhere to be a great program. *cough Investigatethem cough*

mre

From Mark Schlabach's article on how the bows are going to shake down this year:

Off the Mark
How costly was Notre Dame's 28-21 loss at Pittsburgh on Saturday night? It eliminated the Fighting Irish's chances of playing in a BCS bowl and leaves them with the scraps from the BCS leagues. Since Notre Dame isn't contractually aligned with a bowl game this year, it will be left to find a spot in an open bowl game, potentially the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl, AdvoCare V100 Bowl in Shreveport, La., or BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham, Ala.

qAeBZ9K.gif

From Mark Schlabach's article on how the bows are going to shake down this year:

http://i.imgur.com/qAeBZ9K.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wonder if they'll just refuse to go to a "lesser" bowl like in 2009. Yeah, yeah, they said "special circumstances" because of firing Weis, but whatever. Shitty thing to do for the kids. Get an interim coach and let them enjoy a bowl.

mre

So what he's saying is that Notre Dame might actually win a bowl game this year?

Actually, it might not be such an easy win for them given the "let down" factor of playing for less than they expected.

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 6
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 4
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 4
Georgia @ Auburn by 4
Miami @ Duke by 4 UPSET ALERT! Yeah that's right. I picked Duke.
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 4
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 7
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
California @ Colorado by 4
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 20
Stanford @ USC by 9
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 17

This is a really tough list this week. UNC/Pitt, Miami/Duke, and Michigan/Northwestern all seem like toss-ups to me.

@GerdOzone 9m
Urban Meyer said Evan Spencer won't be talking to the media for a long, long time. "I don't like disrespecting other teams."

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

qAeBZ9K.gif

I'd be all about Duke playing ND this year in a bowl.

1. We totally can beat them
2. It will be interesting to see most of US sports fans cheer for Duke instead of boo them.
3. I think we would pick off Tommy Rees all day.

pxleyes

Banned
@GerdOzone 9m
Urban Meyer said Evan Spencer won't be talking to the media for a long, long time. "I don't like disrespecting other teams."

But I thought you said it was taken out of context. Meyer wouldn't do him like that for an out of context statement, would he? He's such an upstanding guy with upstanding players.

But I thought you said it was taken out of context. Meyer wouldn't do him like that for an out of context statement, would he? He's such an upstanding guy with upstanding players.

Quote was taken out of context and wasnt reported truthfully as it was said. But we all knew this was coming next, Urban has to go on "damage control" to stop the "outrage".

But enough about that. We get to play for this awesome trophy this weekend! Oh boy!

s1_lilbuck.jpg

Kevtones

So Clemson in the Orange Bowl? Good team but meh.

Would rather play in the Rose or the Fiesta against an unbeaten Baylor/OSU.

GO USC BEAT STANFORD.

Oh, the hilarity of Oregon fans rooting for USC. :lol

Meanwhile, Shaw said that he's "shocked" that USC isn't in the Top 25.
Don't worry, Shaw, we will be once we beat you guys.

In 2015

Oh, the hilarity of Oregon fans rooting for USC. :lol

Meanwhile, Shaw said that he's "shocked" that USC isn't in the Top 25.
Don't worry, Shaw, we will be once we beat you guys.

In 2015

Your interim coach has done quite a good job. Do you think he'll get the opportunity to interview for the head position? At the very least he's resume building and may get an HC offer at a non-BCS school. EMU is looking for a coach.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Updated CFB pregame show ratings:
ESPN College Gameday: 1.9 million viewers.
Fox College Saturday & 59,000 viewers

1. Didn't know Fox has a morning football show
2. Ha Ha @ Clay

Top Bottom