• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

KingGondo

Banned
Baylor @ OSU has been confirmed for a national primetime broadcast next week on ABC.

We really need to get a win @ Texas this week so the stadium will be at full tilt when Baylor comes in.

desh

(FRI) WASH by 4
CINCI by 4
PITT by 4
AUB by 10
MIA by 4
OSUs by 4
MSUn by 4
MICH by 4
COL by 4
BAY by 17
STAN by 4
ASU by 6

God damn I suck this season.

GAF Pick'em Week 12 Games

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 9
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 6
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 5
Georgia @ Auburn by 10
Miami @ Duke by 6
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 11
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 11
Michigan @ Northwestern by 5
California @ Colorado by 4
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 17
Stanford @ USC by 11
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 8

People picking Michigan lol

You guys know they're under 10.0 ppg and rushed for -69 yards their last two games, yeah?

Throw in it's a road game, NW favored against UM for the FIRST TIME EVER ....

Hindsight being 20/20, Akron game told us everything we needed to know about UM. They're fucking garbage.

20% chance of victory, if that.

tokkun

People picking Michigan lol

You guys know they're under 10.0 ppg and rushed for -69 yards their last two games, yeah?

Throw in it's a road game, NW favored against UM for the FIRST TIME EVER ....

Hindsight being 20/20, Akron game told us everything we needed to know about UM. They're fucking garbage.

20% chance of victory, if that.

Let's talk about Northwestern:

5 straight losses, made up being ranked and blowing a 4th-quarter lead against a top-5 OSU, getting crushed by Wisconsin and having their QB and RB get injured, 3-point loss to Minnesota, overtime loss to Iowa, hail mary loss to Nebraska. Also, they just announced that their RB is out for the rest of the year.

Started out as a favorite for making it to the B1G title game, now they are 4-5 and may not even make a bowl game. You have to wonder whether their spirit is broken.

Your interim coach has done quite a good job. Do you think he'll get the opportunity to interview for the head position? At the very least he's resume building and may get an HC offer at a non-BCS school. EMU is looking for a coach.

Orgeron? It's doubtful that he'll get a real shot at the HC job. If he were to, say, win out the rest of the year, meaning beating (Stanford, Colorado and UCLA) with a solid bowl win... then yeah, his stock would probably be pretty good at that point. If somehow the chips fell where USC got to the Pac-12 title game, that would help. (ASU has to lose twice and USC has to win out for that to happen). Long odds indeed, though.

But in any event, he still wouldn't be the first pick. But he could be in the discussion at that point, if only for a short-term "give it a shot" perspective if the candidates out there now aren't up to snuff.

I think there's some resume-building going on for sure, but also a good chance he's just proving that he's worth keeping around for the next HC. He's said that's basically what he's doing, that he wants to stay on at USC whether he's the new head guy or not.

It's a dark day but the Rose Bowl is fun to go to despite that shit stadium!

True. It's the parking that's the worst part of it, really.

Let's talk about Northwestern:

5 straight losses, made up being ranked and blowing a 4th-quarter lead against a top-5 OSU, getting crushed by Wisconsin and having their QB and RB get injured, 3-point loss to Minnesota, overtime loss to Iowa, hail mary loss to Nebraska. Also, they just announced that their RB is out for the rest of the year.

Started out as a favorite for making it to the B1G title game, now they are 4-5 and may not even make a bowl game. You have to wonder whether their spirit is broken.

All of this is known, yet NW is still favored - just another indictment that UM is plain and simple every bit as bad as we thought when they struggled to beat Akron & UConn. They'd have to turn one mean corner to beat ANYONE on the road at this point, and I have serious doubts they can stay within 20 points of OSU even at home. This team will finish 6-6 barring a miracle and it should have been 4-8. EDIT: And all of this in a BAD conference!!

Okay, that's my official meltdown post. As said, I give them about a 20% chance for victory, and fuck it: 10-3 is still a possibility. I'll wait it out. Crazy sport is crazy. We'll see.

AntoneM

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 4
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 6
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 4
Georgia @ Auburn by 9
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 6
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 6
Michigan @ Northwestern by 6
California @ Colorado by 6
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 13
Stanford @ USC by 4
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 17

Florida Basketball. FANTASTIC!!!

I'm in the right place, right?

Florida Basketball. It's FAAANNNNTASTIC.

That's what you meant. And apparently UF's deal with the devil is due. We have several starters out and Wiscy will probably beat us. Just like football. edit: The injuries are just like football.

Is the one armed guy on this years squad or is he a 2014 recruit?

2014 Preferred Walk-On

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Think ive found maybe the greatest blog ever. This guy in convinced Michigan is throwing both football and basketball games.

http://sportsfraud.blogspot.com/

From his other blog:

My father sold me to the CIA when I was a young boy, probably around 3 years old, and I've been the property of the CIA ever since.

Yeah. Mother fucker thinks he's Jared. I wonder if there's a Mrs. Parker chasing him around, too.

mre

http://brussellsprout.blogspot.com/2012/11/mind-control-references-in-my-life.html

Mind Control References in My Life
Now that Notre Dame has completed a perfect (although tainted by game-fixing) regular season and has qualified for a berth in the BCS Championship Game, I'd like to take this opportunity to describe the significance of the Notre Dame-Washington game that was played on Oct. 12, 1996, at Notre Dame Stadium. The Irish won easily, 54-20, but that's beside the point.

Kirby Sprouls, one of my former colleagues at the South Bend Tribune, invited me to the game, and I just recently figured out why. It turns out the Washington quarterback in that game was Brock Huard. He later played in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks and the Indianapolis Colts.

I realize now that the CIA wanted me to attend that game and remember Huard because he shares the same last name with Janine Huard, the Montreal resident who was one of the CIA's mind-control victims at the Allen Memorial Institute in the 1950s. Ewen Cameron conducted the "experiments" at the Montreal facility with funding from the CIA.

A few years ago, a CIA agent posing as a fellow targeted individual tipped me off to the CIA's practice of surrounding "targets" with people whose names correspond to the names of people who have been involved in mind control. She suggested that it might be happening to me as well, so I decided to take a look.

According to the Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, "It is certain that onomatology, or the science of names, forms a very interesting part of the investigations of higher Masonry." Once I discovered the importance of names in Freemasonry, I used this knowledge to piece together the clues to the mystery of my life.

Names of people, streets, towns and much more began to take on a meaning that I had never understood before. It became apparent to me that people had been planted in my life whose names would connect me to Freemasonry, the CIA, Nazi Germany, satanic ritual abuse, the JFK assassination, the Franklin Credit Union scandal in Nebraska, mind control, satanism and other related topics.

One of their agents did finally admit to me a few years ago that I was used in Project Monarch. But the name associations were a way for the CIA to reveal to me that I had been used in one of their mind-control projects without coming right out and telling me. The operation was designed to be plausibly deniable, but at the same time, to leave no doubt in my mind what was going on and who was behind the program.

Kirby's name is an example of this, because Walter Bowart, author of the CIA expose "Operation Mind Control," was born Walter Howard Kirby. And he published many articles under the pen name of Thomas Kirby.

I worked closely with Kirby Sprouls for two years at the Tribune. We sat across from each other at work and car-pooled to work and back, as we both lived on Sunnymede Avenue in South Bend. His house was located next door to the house I lived in when I was growing up. I was 5 years old when we moved into that house and 9 years old when we moved out.

Certainly it's possible that the appearance of some of these people in my life could have been coincidences, but what makes me think there's something more to it is the sheer number of "coincidences." At some point, in the face of so much evidence, it becomes impossible to attribute all these examples to "coincidence," especially when there's so much other evidence of mind control in my life.

See this post for more information on this subject: http://brussellsprout.blogspot.com/2008/02/bizarre-masonic-atrocity-exposed-part-1.html

Here's an excerpt from an article about Janine Huard that was published on the CBC News web site on July 4, 2007:

A Montreal senior who survived Cold War-era brainwashing experiments picked up a cheque for compensation from the federal government on Tuesday. Janine Huard, 79, accepted an offer to end her class-action lawsuit against the federal government, which jointly funded the experiments with the Central Intelligence Agency.

You can find the full article here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2007/07/04/qc-brainwashingsettlement0704.html

I was born into a multi-generational satanic cult, and I've found that many of the important people in my life are also cult members. My father and both of my grandfathers were high-ranking Freemasons, and I'm sure it goes back a lot further than that.

Somehow I escaped from the cult, apparently by refusing to sacrifice innocent children to Satan. I was then sold to the CIA and "targeted" for destruction.

[mre's note: bear in mind that he apparently believes he was sold to the CIA at the age of three, so he was a high-functioning three year old with the ability to comprehend such esoteric subjects as human sacrifice and "Satan."]

It was decided that all my so-called friends would be members of the cult, that I would marry a cult member without realizing it and raise two children for the cult, and that my wife would divorce me and saddle me with 10 years of exorbitant child-support payments. And then I would be subjected to gang stalking, tortured with electromagnetic weapons and poisoned to death.

Everything is proceeding according to plan, but the only problem is, Planet X might kill me before the CIA does.

How would you feel if it happened to you? Would you want to know what motivated all the people in your life to betray you? Would you want to know what it was that united everyone in your life in their common agenda to destroy you? Or would you just try to forget about it and let it go?

I chose to pursue the truth, not just for my own sake, but also for the future of humanity. Because make no mistake about it, the ultimate goal of Freemasonry, the CIA and satanism is to turn you, your wife, your children and your grandchildren, and everyone else you care about in the whole, wide world into microchipped, remote-controlled slaves in the New World Order.

So, if you're involved in satanism and you think it's cool to worship The Devil, why are you supporting this agenda? Don't you care about your own children and grandchildren? Or don't you realize that you're supporting this agenda?

If you don't realize it, wake up now before it's too late and start fighting back. A good place to start would be this blog and the 13-part series, "Bizarre Mind-Control Atrocity Exposed."

Most of the installments were first published in February 2008. Although I've been having some difficulty locating them in the archives, you should be able to find them by entering the appropriate headline in the Google search engine. For example, type in Bizarre Mind-Control Atrocity Exposed, Part 1, and then Part 2 and so on.

And then let's put a stop to the New World Order before it turns us all into microchipped, remote-controlled slaves.

There has to be some sort of overlap between conspiracy theorists and people with narcissistic personality disorders.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So we're totally a football school now and we'd beat the shit out of Charlie Weis' team. Yep. Football. Go football.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll tell you one thing. Back in my day, the god damned dinosaurs didn't have no god damned feathers.

They have feathers now????
0222_smox.gif

Lonestar

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt 4m
It is official. Nick Saban declares Mississippi State is "best 4-5 team in the country" on SEC teleconference.

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt 3m
My personal 4-5 team rankings: 1) Utah 2) Florida 3) Northwestern 4) MSU 5) Wazzu. But I could be wrong.

So, what do you think? Who IS...the best 4-5 team in the land???

mre

So, what do you think? Who IS...the best 4-5 team in the land???
If Stanford had been playing Stanford football when Utah beat them, it would be Utah hands down. But since Stanford was apparently playing Cal football, I'm going to have to go with Florida.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 4
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 7
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 4
Georgia @ Auburn by 7
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 7
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 10
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 27
Stanford @ USC by 10
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 14

Fix the penalties and fix some issues with the defensive scheme and I think we can beat Baylor but I just had to go with the safe bet this time. They're known to not be great on the road and the game is in Dallas.

mre

For Lonestar and anyone interested in the AU v. UGA game this weekend:

I think Auburn stands a really good chance in this game. While Georgia has one of the top rushing defenses in the SEC in terms of rushing yards given up, they are in the bottom third of the SEC in terms of rushing touchdowns allowed with 17. All 17 of these rushing touchdowns came in either SEC play or their game against Clemson.

I went through all of Georgia's games against SEC opponents + Clemson, removed their statistics against Georgia from the equation, and compared the rushing yards and touchdowns that Georgia allowed to their opponents average yards and touchdowns against other opponents.

Georgia has only held their opponents significantly below their season average in rushing three times this year(^1), but two of those occasions have come in big games for the Dawgs: Missouri (104 yards below their average), LSU (120 yards below their average), and Vandy (23 yards below their average). Conversely, Georgia has not allowed any team it has faced to grossly exceed its average rushing yards per game, with only South Carolina (28 yards or ~114% above their average) and Clemson (24 yards or ~114% above their average) exceeding their average rushing yards against other opponents by 10% in the Georgia game.

While Georgia is holding opponents to 85% of their average rushing yardage, they are also allowing their opponents to score ~11% more rushing TDs than their average (2.43 compared to 2.18). Georgia has only held their opponent below their average in rushing touchdowns twice this season: LSU (allowing 2 TDs to a rushing attack averaging 3) and Clemson (allowing 2 TDs to a rushing attack averaging 2.22). Georgia's opponents have significantly exceeded their average in rushing TDs in four games so far: Missouri (giving up 3 TDs to a rushing attack averaging 2.56), Tennessee (giving up 2 TDs to a rushing attack averaging 1.44), Florida (giving up 2 TDs to a rushing attack averaging 1.25), and Vandy (giving up 4 TDs to a rushing attack averaging 2.88).

I did the same for Auburn's rushing attack. Auburn's opponents (sans Ark. State, W. Carolina, and FAU), have averaged giving up 1.62 rushing TDs per game. Auburn has averaged scoring 3.00 TDs against them, which exceeds their opponents average by 1.37 TDs per game. Only Mississippi State has had any success in holding Auburn below their average in either TDs (0 vs. 3.00) or yards (120 vs. ~281).

I think Auburn has a good chance of rushing for between 240 yards and 325 yards (their average +/- 15%) and scoring 3-4 rushing TDs. I'm not sure that this will be enough to beat Georgia, so either the special teams will have to put up some points or Marshall will have to connect with Coates for a score or two to beat the Dawgs.

^1 Georgia also limited Florida to ~1 yard below its season average, by holding Florida to 145 yards against its average of 146.

tokkun

Think ive found maybe the greatest blog ever. This guy in convinced Michigan is throwing both football and basketball games.

http://sportsfraud.blogspot.com/

1. Pretend to play like shit.
2. Become unranked.
3. Unleash true power to blow out tOSU in rivalry game.
4. The loss is viewed so poorly by the voters that tOSU is jumped in the rankings by teams from other conferences for the next decade.

The perfect crime.

Quake1028

UCLA by 11
Rutgers by 7
Pittsburgh by 4
Auburn by 4
Miami by 13
Oklahoma State by 11
Michigan State by 7
Michigan by 4
California by 4
Baylor by 13
Stanford by 7
Arizona State by 4

Quake1028

Huge decision tonight from Anthony Moten. He's a former UF commit who is now down to a final 3 of FSU, Miami and SCAR. Reportedly almost a lock for UM. Let's hope so.

ag-my001

(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 7
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 4
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 6
Georgia @ Auburn by 10
Miami @ Duke by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 7
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 11
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 18
Stanford @ USC by 14
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 7

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
(FRI) Washington @ UCLA by 10
Cincinnati @ Rutgers by 4
North Carolina @ Pittsburgh by 10
Georgia @ Auburn by 3
Miami @ Duke by 14
Oklahoma State @ Texas by 4
Michigan State @ Nebraska by 3
Michigan @ Northwestern by 5
California@ Colorado by 10
Texas Tech vs Baylor by 9000
Stanford @ USC by 10
Oregon State @ Arizona State by 3

mcgruber

Huge decision tonight from Anthony Moten. He's a former UF commit who is now down to a final 3 of FSU, Miami and SCAR. Reportedly almost a lock for UM. Let's hope so.

My random guess is fsu. Do recruits normally pick the team that gets thrashed in a head to head matchup?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Baylor @ OSU has been confirmed for a national primetime broadcast next week on ABC.

We really need to get a win @ Texas this week so the stadium will be at full tilt when Baylor comes in.

We'll let you get up by 4 TDs only to be crushed by Case.

Lonestar

Kind of late, but TMZ reporting Jameis Winston under investigation for Sexual Assault

Florida State QB Jameis Winston -- frontrunner for the Heisman Trophy -- is being investigated for sexual assault, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement and other sources tell TMZ .... a woman filed a sexual assault complaint with the Tallahassee PD on December 7, 2012. She claims the alleged sexual assault was committed with the use of "physical force."

According to the police report, the motive for the alleged crime was "sexual gratification." The alleged victim says drinking was involved before the incident.

The police report says on the day in question, someone called the cops at 4:01 AM. When police arrived, we're told there were photos taken of the alleged victim's injuries as well as physical evidence collected.

According to the police report, the incident occurred in an apartment.

Winston is described in the police report as "muscular" and his demeanor was "polite."

Our sources say cops have already interviewed Winston.

The investigation is "ongoing" with the police and the Florida State Attorney.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/13/jamei...ck-investigated-sexual-assault/#ixzz2kZRFAMPC

Well, I knew things were going too well. Hope it isn't true, but if it is, chuck his ass.

Damn this one is hard to believe. Up until now, I really wanted to dislike the guy, but in interviews he has come across as a humble gentleman. Very RGIII like. Now I don't know what to believe.

Top Bottom