• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 14| It's Rivalry Week! (fucla!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
When I was in Morgantown I talked to several groups of WVU fans that said Baylor fans were the worst visitors they've had since they joined the Big XII.
Hey, I'm honestly happy that their fans are pissed. They should be after that shitshow they put on, and if they want to extrapolate running into a few obnoxious drunken frat boys (and on a college campus on gameday, of all places!) to smear the entire OSU fanbase, fine. Hate us, that makes the rivalry better.

Baylor only sold 700 tickets of their allotment and returned the rest to OSU. There weren't many Baylor fans around--hell, TCU had a lot more fans when they visited Stillwater. Pretty pathetic showing by them, especially for by far the best team in their school's history. Waco isn't that far from Stillwater.

xeris

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 4
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 4
(FRI) Iowa @ Nebraska by 4
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 4
Ohio State @ Michigan by 21
Duke @ North Carolina by 7
Alabama @ Auburn by 4
Clemson @ South Carolina by 4
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 7
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 7
UCLA @ USC by 14
Arizona @ Arizona State by 7

This weeks poster:

201312-game-poster.jpg

LosDaddie

Banned
Got my tickets for the gata game on Saturday. Somehow convinced the wife that it was just a bro's day out, and it'd be better if she just stayed home and watched the kids.

Santa came early this year.

Karl2177

Also, their fans are all about the sour grapes. Apparently our game atmosphere pales in comparison to mighty Floyd Casey Stadium.

Apparently, tarps are loud. Who knew?

Last year for the Baylor at ISU game, there was about 10 rows of Baylor fans in the visitor sections. By the 3rd quarter, almost all of them had left. Could have been the temperature or the fact that ISU was pounding them by then.

Also, Boone Pickens always looks hella full and loud on TV. It might be the way they have the microphones set up, but I'm kinda doubting it.

KingGondo

Banned
Last year for the Baylor at ISU game, there was about 10 rows of Baylor fans in the visitor sections. By the 3rd quarter, almost all of them had left. Could have been the temperature or the fact that ISU was pounding them by then.

Also, Boone Pickens always looks hella full and loud on TV. It might be the way they have the microphones set up, but I'm kinda doubting it.
The fans have absolutely brought it this year. We set a new season ticket record and set three new attendance records (Lamar, TCU, then our first true sellout last week against Baylor) in one season. Pretty impressive.

We're to the point where we get 56,000+ at every game, even against the cupcakes. And it's loud and claustrophobic.

The only thing I can think of is that the Baylor blogger was wearing a hat and earmuffs, and that there wasn't as much clapping noise as normal because everyone was wearing gloves. But it got plenty loud in there. There's a reason Baylor had so much trouble communicating at the line.

In summary: fuck Baylor. They should be in Conference USA.

My pick for Black Friday:

South Florida @ UCF by 47

Edit: Michigan is paying UCF $1.5 million for the 2016 game at the big house. At that price, I see why UCF went for it.

Karl2177

Also because I didn't see Deadly Cyclone post this, but Iowa State will be enclosing the south end zone of Jack Trice. Increased enrollment at Iowa State the past few years bumped it above Iowa to be the largest university in the state. With the increased enrollment, more people are attending football games and more space is needed. We've maxed out the stadium 3 times this year, which is somewhat surprising since it's been such an awful season.

As we continue to await word on the result of the Jameis Winston sexual assault investigation, it's clear that every team and every coach doesn't play by the same set of rules.

Namely, Jimbo Fisher and Florida State are getting a free pass from most fans and media over an issue that would have tripped up Urban Meyer and Ohio State.

Can you imagine what the reaction would be if Winston played for Ohio State and Meyer was playing him at quarterback as he attempted to qualify for the BCS title game?

Meyer would get killed in the media, right?

In fact, the media and fan scrutiny would be so overwhelming I'm not even sure Meyer would be able to play Winston. Doubt me?

Recall that Meyer suspended running back Carlos Hyde three games for allegations that Hyde slapped a woman in a Columbus club. Less than ideal video emerged of the club incident and didn't provide any clear certainty of what happened, but despite no charges being filed Meyer suspended Hyde regardless.

Winston's being investigated for something much more serious than Hyde was, and he hasn't missed a snap.

More at the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...e-pass-on-winston-that-meyer-would-not-112613

The thing im most shocked about is this article came from Clay Travis.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The fans have absolutely brought it this year. We set a new season ticket record and set three new attendance records (Lamar, TCU, then our first true sellout last week against Baylor) in one season. Pretty impressive.

We're to the point where we get 56,000+ at every game, even against the cupcakes. And it's loud and claustrophobic.

The only thing I can think of is that the Baylor blogger was wearing a hat and earmuffs, and that there wasn't as much clapping noise as normal because everyone was wearing gloves. But it got plenty loud in there. There's a reason Baylor had so much trouble communicating at the line.

In summary: fuck Baylor. They should be in Conference USA.

Stadium definitely looked hoppin' to me.

original.gif

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 6
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 7
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 10
Ohio State @ Michigan by 20
Duke @ North Carolina by 4
Alabama @ Auburn by 12
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 12
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 7
UCLA @ USC by 4
Arizona @ Arizona State by 8

Michigan almost lost to UConn and Akron. Both teams wouldn't be competitive in the FCS.

I hate having to make posts like this, but, um, that has nothing to do with what I said, at all, to say nothing of the fact that you're talking to a Michigan fan who is well aware of how the team has performed this year.

I hate having to make posts like this, but, um, that has nothing to do with what I said, at all, to say nothing of the fact that you're talking to a Michigan fan who is well aware of how the team has performed this year.
Well then if your original post wasn't sarcasm then I would agree that Michigan hasn't played anyone yet even if they were 11-0. The fact that michigan nearly lost to both of those squads and yet they still have a decent 3-4 record in the BIG indicates just how weak that conference is.

Well then if your original post wasn't sarcasm then I would agree that Michigan hasn't played anyone yet even if they were 11-0. The fact that michigan nearly lost to both of those squads and yet they still have a decent 3-4 record in the BIG indicates just how weak that conference is.

I think your argument might have more merit if Michigan were destroying Big Ten competition after nearly dropping those two games.

tokkun

(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 5
(FRI) Iowa @ Nebraska by 5
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 5
Ohio State @ Michigan by 17
Duke @ North Carolina by 5
Alabama @ Auburn by 11
Clemson @ South Carolina by 5
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 5
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 5
UCLA @ USC by 5
Arizona @ Arizona State by 8

Time- I hope to see coach O become permanent coach next season even if we have to take you guys down this weekend. Been talking to ticket holders and alums and they really like him

Time- I hope to see coach O become permanent coach next season even if we have to take you guys down this weekend. Been talking to ticket holders and alums and they really like him

If you guys win then it's almost certain he won't become the new head coach, so... don't hope too much ;)

(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 7
(FRI) Iowa @ Nebraska by 7
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 7
Alabama @ Auburn by 14
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 21
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 10
UCLA @ USC by 10
Arizona @ Arizona State by 10

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yahoo's C Team writer wrote an article on the SHOCKING fact that the TPD is somehow filled to the brim with FSU grads and fans and other degenerate rebel scum

And other things.

The police officer scrutinized for his handling of the sexual assault investigation involving Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston twice requested permission to obtain secondary employment with the Seminole Boosters, according to records acquired by Yahoo Sports.

The secondary employment requests were filed by Detective Scott Angulo of the Tallahassee Police Department on Sept. 15, 2011, and Jan. 19, 2012.

Winston has been named in a sexual assault complaint that is alleged to have occurred in December 2012. The family of the alleged victim has questioned why Angulo didn't collect DNA and blood work from Winston when Winston's attorney knew of the sexual assault report as early as February.
The State Attorney's office is investigating the incident and has yet to announce whether Winston will be charged. Winston's attorney has said his client did nothing wrong and suggested any sex that might have occurred between Winston and the alleged victim was consensual.

When contacted for context on the work Angulo did for the Seminole Boosters – a fundraising arm for Florida State athletics – an employee of the organization indicated the organization regularly hires officers to work athletic events and to provide security for skyboxes in Doak Campbell stadium. The Tallahassee Police Department did not return a call requesting additional information about Angulo's work with the Seminole Boosters.

[Report: Decision on whether to charge Jameis Winston could take weeks]

Willie Meggs, the State Attorney now investigating the matter, expressed concern that it took nearly a year for the police report naming Winston to reach his office, and has indicated the delay had the potential to jeopardize aspects of the investigation. The victim's attorney released a statement asking for an explanation for the police department's delay in turning the information over to Meggs.

An examination of Angulo's social media accounts and public records reveal multiple connections between members of the Tallahassee Police Department and Florida State University.

According to those records, Angulo is a graduate of FSU, has a sister who graduated from the university, a brother-in-law whose default pictures are related to FSU football and has joined numerous Internet-based fan clubs of the university's athletic program. Angulo's mother is also a member of an FSU athletics support group on Facebook, and was previously a member of a "Jameis Winston Fans" page until late last week. She is no longer a member of the Winston group.
The alleged victim's attorney, Patricia Carroll, said the ties potentially provided some context for statements Angulo made when allegedly declining to take DNA samples from Winston.

"If that information is true and correct, it helps me understand Officer Angulo's statement to me back in January," Carroll said. Carroll previously alleged that Angulo "refused to collect Winston's DNA or interview Winston's roommate who witnessed the attack" because he said doing so would "alert Winston and the matter would go public."

Carroll further alleged Angulo told her "Tallahassee was a big football town and the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against [Winston] because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable."

According to public records, Angulo is a Tallahassee native who obtained his Bachelor of Science in criminology from FSU in August of 1998. He also joined an Internet-based group supporting Florida State University football. He was a member of that group as recently as the afternoon of Oct. 20. Officer Angulo's social media profile has since been removed.

His mother is a current member of "The Extra Point Club," which according to their website, is "a group of women whose common interest is actively supporting FSU Athletics."

The Facebook page of Angulo's sister indicates she obtained her degree in mathematics education from Florida State in 1999 and joined at least one fan group supporting Florida State athletics. Her husband indicates he attended Tallahassee Community College, but has joined several fan groups supporting Florida State athletics and has multiple pictures on his account related to FSU athletics.

And Angulo isn't the only officer on the Tallahassee Police Department's staff who has publicly illustrated his support for Florida State athletics. Multiple members of Angulo's personal network also work for the police force and have indicated a connection to FSU through their social media accounts.

• Officer Andy Meresse: Accounts indicate he obtained his education at FSU and show several pictures where he is wearing FSU paraphernalia. His profile banner picture is of FSU players hoisting their helmets into the sky.
• Officer Matt Smidt: Accounts indicate he studied criminology at FSU. He has several pictures in FSU paraphernalia and has joined multiple Internet-based Florida State athletics fan clubs.
• Officer Rhonda Kerce: She is wearing a Florida State football jersey in her profile banner picture.
• Officer Russell Huston: He is wearing a Jameis Winston jersey in his profile picture. Also posted is another picture of him wearing a grey Florida State T-shirt.
• Officer Tony Carlson: Indicates he studied at Florida State. Is a fan of Florida State football and Rivals' Warchant.com, a popular Florida State athletics website.
• Officer Stephen Vaughn: Indicates he studied at Florida State. Is a fan of "Florida State Seminoles."
Five other TPD officers in Angulo's network indicated they obtained their education at Florida State University.

Hell, even some mothers of these cops are FSU fans/boosters. What a tangled weave of indiscriminate corruption!

There's also more on the defense's question of the TPD's actions, like delaying, refusing to collect DNA evidence, etc etc.

TPD is shady. But c'mon. Fans in the same town? Gasp. Indiscriminate indeed. :jnc

Although UFPD is full of graduates and they arrest starters for disrespecting police dogs.

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 7
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 13
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 13
Alabama @ Auburn by 7
Clemson @ South Carolina by 10
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 13
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 10
UCLA @ USC by 7
Arizona @ Arizona State by 4

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
TPD is shady. But c'mon. Fans in the same town? Gasp. Indiscriminate indeed. :jnc

Although UFPD is full of graduates and they arrest starters for disrespecting police dogs.

I failed to put the right amount of ;P and sarcasm in my words. I thought calling out Mother's of Cops as being evidence of city wide corruption to protect FSU, would be enough.

Enfinit

TPD is certainly shady, but just because they're fans of a football team doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Case in point, we usually have a TPD officer in the bookstore I work at during rush week. The last officer I worked with was a huge FSU fan, and to me he was one of the nicest guys I've met.

On the other hand, the only time I've had a run-in with TPD I dealt with two of the biggest fucking douchebags on the planet, and one of them had an FSU tattoo on his forearm.

I mean, the way the Yahoo article puts it, it certainly doesn't make matters any better. It just muddles the water. I think involving the guy's family is a little too unnecessary. But it certainly isn't unlikely to find people who work in Tallahassee fans of FSU.

Draconian

Man, I just don't think I can watch college bball regularly anymore. The shot clock is still ridiculously too long and games are now foul fests. It doesn't help when trying to watch Bama's putrid offense that has about as many turnovers as they do shots. I know they're playing Duke, but they could be winning if they had an offense that was worth a crap and Releford wasn't in constant foul trouble.

I really think the main point is the incompetence of the investigation. The majority of the story being about people's ties to fsu is just to show off that the journalist actually bothered to do some digging. The fact that some of the involved people have removed themselves from the social media fan clubs at least suggests that their lawyers think it could show a conflict of interest. I don't think this is "aha" type stuff so much as, "we should probably know this" type of stuff. Journalism should be about presenting as much information as possible in order to form an opinion, not just a final story that tells us what to think.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
What. The. Fuck.

0OKfNPp.jpg

There's not enough :jncs in the world for this.

"Jameis Winston d/b/a Florida State Seminole's Quarterback."

I failed to put the right amount of ;P and sarcasm in my words. I thought calling out Mother's of Cops as being evidence of city wide corruption to protect FSU, would be enough.

Nope. You did. I was reacting to yahoo and not your post. Need my own sarcasm font.

What. The. Fuck.

0OKfNPp.jpg

There's not enough :jncs in the world for this.

"Jameis Winston d/b/a Florida State Seminole's Quarterback."

If she wants $1,000,000 dollars, she better have those suggestive letters Winston supposedly wrote her. And if they were handwritten, a forensic handwriting analyst can quickly determine if they are actually Famous Jameis' or not

tumblr_m5ofpy7zO81qcwic6.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If she wants $1,000,000 dollars, she better have those suggestive letters Winston supposedly wrote her. And if they were handwritten, a forensic handwriting analyst can quickly determine if they are actually Famous Jameis' or not

He.

Jhriad

(THU) Texas Tech @ Texas by 7
(THU) Ole Miss @ Mississippi State by 13
(FRI) Iowa @ Nebraska by 10
(FRI) Washington State @ Washington by 11
Ohio State @ Michigan by 18
Alabama @ Auburn by 7
Notre Dame @ Stanford by 11
Texas A&M @ Missouri by 4
UCLA @ USC by 4
Arizona @ Arizona State by 11

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

And he wants a million million dollars dollars.

Meier

I am friends with Dionte Allen on FB from when he was a Nole. This update made me kinda sad.

I'm so thankful for my daughter kennedie , my mother ,my father , my family, my friends , and my co - workers at Wal-Mart #3580

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Love you grandma

He's a manager so he probably makes more $$ than I do, but damn! I thought he'd be in the NFL some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom