• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction for championship:

Auburn vs. FSU.

FSU wins with a flawless victory.

A part of me thinks that both Auburn AND Ohio State are going to lose. Then what?

andycapps

Auburn vs. FSU.

A part of me thinks that both Auburn AND Ohio State are going to lose. Then what?

Mizzou and FSU should be in, in that case. Bama didn't win their conference, and as Herbie told us in 2007, that matters. Oh wait, it didn't after 2007.

Paging ttk

7JSJRkU.png

aouuZFJ.gif

fml

Not sure why you'd take Franklin over Orgeron at this point. I guess it's because Vandy is supposed to suck, and now they're kinda mediocre? And with a worse record than last year?

Orgeron took a program that was left for dead and made it kinda relevant again.

Basically, if you're not going to get a premium choice, why not just take Orgeron and have him build a new staff (new OC, etc) and see what's going on next year in coaching if necessary, since the sanctions will be done by then?

andycapps

Not sure why you'd take Franklin over Orgeron at this point. I guess it's because Vandy is supposed to suck, and now they're kinda mediocre? And with a worse record than last year?

Basically, if you're not going to get a premium choice, why not just take Orgeron and have him build a new staff (new OC, etc) and see what's going on next year in coaching if necessary, since the sanctions will be done by then?

Orgeron isn't a big name right now, and Franklin is a lot trendier pick. He's been more successful than anyone thought he would be at Vandy, and that's about it. I think Shaw would be a much better choice if they could get him to leave Stanford.

Considering that guy coached at USC for years before a brief stop in Tennessee, I'd say this is a bit of a different situation.

College football has taught me to draw any connection, no matter how loose.

Speaking of, did you know: Alabama beat the team that beat Auburn. However, Auburn did not beat the team that beat Alabama. FYI. Bama to MNC.

Karakand

Go Bruins!!!

FUSC

I know you're kind of a nub Bruin still, so lemme help out.

It's not FUSC, it's FUCK SC. FUSC smacks of the feigned propriety that Trogans like to wrap themselves in when they banter about "fucla" or whine about Caleb Benenoch when they were huge Rey Maualuga fans and that's just not how we roll.

Is the clip of Jesse Palmer making his stupid "when playing Stanford football" comment from earlier in the season up on YouTube or anywhere else?

JCX

How many directional schools does a state need?

Ohio has a ton of schools too, just without the directions attached. I made a Michigan vs Ohio conference in NCAA one time and couldn't even fit all the Ohio schools. Had to move Toledo to the Michigan side.

TS-08

I'm pretty sure Vandy is 8-4 just like last year at this time.

cdyhybrid

Realdawg.com ‏@Realdawg247 4m
A very very very credible insider just said that right now it's between Coach Orgeron and Sark, wowsa..if you're Haden, who is your guy?

Grain of salt because our Scout guys are generally much more reliable than the Rivals site (who tweeted this).

Ohio has a ton of schools too, just without the directions attached. I made a Michigan vs Ohio conference in NCAA one time and couldn't even fit all the Ohio schools. Had to move Toledo to the Michigan side.

Oh, I know. There's so many of them that directional names wouldn't work.

Miami = Southwestern Ohio University
Ohio U = Southeastern Ohio University
Akron = Northeastern Ohio University
Bowling Green = Northwestern Ohio University
Toledo = Southeastern Michigan University
Kent State = You're Fucked

And there's still about a dozen more of them.

Ohio has the most post secondary schools in the nation. At least 10 years ago they did when I heard that fun fact

I'm pretty sure Vandy is 8-4 just like last year at this time.

Oh, right, the bowl game. I don't know why I spaced on that.

A very very very credible insider just said that right now it's between Coach Orgeron and Sark, wowsa..if you're Haden, who is your guy?

Grain of salt because our Scout guys are generally much more reliable than the Rivals site (who tweeted this).

If it's those two, Orgeron should be the pick, easily.

North Carolina could form a state school conference

UNC-Chapel Hill (North Carolina to the rest of yall)
NC State
East Carolina
Western Carolina
NC Central
Appalachian State
NC A&T State
UNC Charlotte
UNC Greensboro
UNC Wilmington
UNC Asheville
UNC Pembroke
Winston Salem State
Fayetteville State
Elizabeth City State
NC School of the Arts
NC School of Science and Math

...a few of these wouldn't play football, but I'd say 10 or 12 do.

Sprinkle in the private schools, and it's a wonder how we're still so dumb regardless.

cdyhybrid

Oh, right, the bowl game. I don't know why I spaced on that.

If it's those two, Orgeron should be the pick, easily.

I'd give Sark a slight edge but I don't think it would be enough to justify bouncing Orgeron, who's already there.

Poster (not a Scout employee) on the Scout site is suggesting that Sark is gone.

Edit: Unplanned team meeting being called at 2pm. Scout employee source saying Sark to USC could be a done deal.

aouuZFJ.gif

aouuZFJ.gif

aouuZFJ.gif

aouuZFJ.gif

Branduil

I know you're kind of a nub Bruin still, so lemme help out.

It's not FUSC, it's FUCK SC. FUSC smacks of the feigned propriety that Trogans like to wrap themselves in when they banter about "fucla" or whine about Caleb Benenoch when they were huge Rey Maualuga fans and that's just not how we roll.

You don't even need to make up derogatory nicknames when Trogans exists. The best part is how its use is a constant reminder of its self-inflicted nature. It's also a higher form of humor as it eschews vulgar insults and instead points out the substandard literacy and knowledge of Trogan athletes.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
North Carolina could form a state school conference

UNC-Chapel Hill (North Carolina to the rest of yall)
NC State
East Carolina
Western Carolina
NC Central
Appalachian State
NC A&T State
UNC Charlotte
UNC Greensboro
UNC Wilmington
UNC Asheville
UNC Pembroke
Winston Salem State
Fayetteville State
Elizabeth City State
NC School of the Arts
NC School of Science and Math

...a few of these wouldn't play football, but I'd say 10 or 12 do.

Sprinkle in the private schools, and it's a wonder how we're still so dumb regardless.

I think thats a high school level institution in Durham.

Calamari41

41 > 38

You have to go with Orgeron. Going with Sark would at best be a lateral move, and Orgeron is already established and beyond beloved by the fans and the players here. Give him a couple of years, upgrade his OC, and let's see what happens.

Why start fresh with someone on the same level?

Enfinit

GAF Pick'em Week 15 Games

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 7
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 10
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 12
UCF @ SMU by 10
Marshall @ Rice by 4
Texas @ Baylor by 7
Missouri vs. Auburn by 7
South Florida @ Rutgers by 7
Stanford @ Arizona State by 4 UPSET SPECIAL
Duke vs. Florida State by 28 LOCK OF THE SEAON
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 4 #YOLO
Utah State @ Fresno State by 4

Go Noles!

cdyhybrid

Marshall Cherrington ‏@mcherrington22 1m
Hearing from a source close to players on the #Washington team that the players think coach Sark is leaving for #USC.

Intern for our Scout site.

Enfinit

FSU + tOSU is just the worst combo ever.

Go Gators :(
Even Noles don't want this matchup. Bring on Mizzou.

Finally.

It was great to hear the students chanting "it's great..." At the end of the FSU game though.
Even as a visitor, that gave me goosebumps. Even after having a completely shit season and getting nearly blown-out by your hated rivals, every Gator in the stadium still chanted "It's great to be a Florida Gator!"

In all kinds of weather. Dem feels, man.

Wow, what an ugly, "down" year for so many teams. Gratz to FSU, OSUn & NIU for making it this far unbeaten.

Michigan vs. Georgia in the Gator, please.
That'd be an awesome match-up.

Auburn vs. FSU.

FSU vs. Mizzou. I'd rather see that than Auburn.

How many directional schools does a state need?
University of North Florida, Jacksonville
University of South Florida, Tampa (more like University of West-Central Florida)
University of West Florida, Pensacola (slated to get a football team in 2015, I believe)
Eastern Florida State College, Cocoa Beach
University of Central Florida, Orlando
Florida State University, Tallahassee
University of Florida, Gainesville
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Meyers
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton
Florida International University, Miami
University of Miami, Miami (the real University of South Florida)

Florida's got their cardinal directions down.

cdyhybrid

Greg Ducre ‏@GDucre18 2m
Damn...

Yeah, Sark's gone.

Top two names will be Mora and Wilcox. Don't see Mora leaving UCLA, timing is bad.

Wilcox could probably keep most of our young assistants on staff and keep recruiting from falling apart. Just get him a star OC and I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom