• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon helping Sark with the move to LA:

xlGrtsR.gif

Supposedly Justin Wilcox is coming with Sark.

This. Just think, Haden got rid of a coach who went 6-3 with a severely depleted team in favor of a coach who just went 8-4 with a full roster. In the same league.

If they couldn't get somebody with a better conference record than Lane Fucking Kiffin, they should've just stuck with Orgeron.

cdyhybrid

Supposedly Justin Wilcox is coming with Sark.

If they couldn't get somebody with a better conference record than Lane Fucking Kiffin, they should've just stuck with Orgeron.

Wilcox is only leaving if we don't offer him the HC job. Makes no sense otherwise.

KingGondo

Banned
I haven't really been following the team very close this year. Watch the games, but I've been so annoyed with Landry and Heupel that I just sort checked out.

I'm pretty sure that Heupel is gone, but a loss wouldn't bother me. Wouldn't bother me to see OSU to make a BCS game. Be good way to finish for my boy Chelf!
Chelf has to be feeling like redemption is in order after last year's Bedlam game, too. He played lights out and should have won in Norman.

As long as our offense scores 30+ (and it should) we should win pretty comfortably. No way does our defense allow much more than 20 at home to Trevor Knight and Josh Heupel.

This. Just think, Haden got rid of a coach who went 6-3 with a severely depleted team in favor of a coach who just went 8-4 with a full roster. In the same league.

1-9 vs Stanford and Oregon while at UW. His last high profile victory was over an over rated USC team in 2010!

JHall

Glad this shit storm of a season is finally over for the Gators.

Sark to USC huh? I really thought Coach O deserved that job after what he did this year.

Jimbo politicking

http://espn.go.com/college-football...orida-state-seminoles-coach-jimbo-fisher-says

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said Jameis Winston's nebulous legal status should not factor into voters' evaluation of the Seminoles, who are ranked atop the BCS standings for the first time in 14 years.

While the debate about which teams should travel to Pasadena for the BCS national championship reached a fever pitch in the wake of Auburn's stunning upset of Alabama this past weekend, the Seminoles' perch at No. 1 may be precarious because of Winston's ongoing legal situation.

"We've went undefeated," Fisher said. "It's up (to) them what they do, but I don't think that should be in consideration."

Florida State is 12-0 and a four-touchdown favorite in this week's ACC Championship Game against Duke. Fisher said that if the Seminoles finish undefeated, they deserve a chance to play for a national title -- regardless of Winston's status.

"It's a team sport," Fisher said. "We're not a one-man team."

Fisher stopped short of saying voters should reward any undefeated team with a trip to the BCS championship game, however.

Both Florida State and Ohio State are 12-0, but No. 3 Auburn and No. 5 Missouri -- both with one loss -- could end the season with a more impressive slate of wins. Measuring an undefeated team with a weaker schedule against a one-loss team with a cache of impressive wins is up to each voter, Fisher said.

"If I was undefeated, it would upset me very much if someone jumped me," he said. "But at the same time, if I felt our one-loss team was better -- I understand both sides of that. But that's not for me to decide."

Whether Winston's legal status factors into the criteria of other voters remains to be seen, and the same is true of the redshirt freshman's place in the Heisman Trophy race. Voters must submit their final ballots for that award by 5 p.m. on Dec. 9.

"I think Jameis is one of the most outstanding players in the country," Fisher said. "Other people have outstanding players, and that's not for me to judge. But I'll say this: I'm glad he's on my team."

Orgeron won 6 Pac-12 games with a left-for-dead team in the smoldering Kiffin ruins, and that's more Pac-12 games than Sark ever won at UW with a full team.

Again, decision makes no sense whatsoever.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Do we even want Wilcox? I mean, look at what Pendergast did in his first season with less than 15 scholarship defensive players.

Oh, right. Haden.

Schmitty

So USC ended the year pretty decent. Was that a result of firing Lane Kiffin, or did the AD act too quickly?

edit: grammar

Calamari41

41 > 38
So USC ended the year pretty decent. Was that a result of firing Lane Kiffin, or did the AD act to quickly?

The long and short of it is that Orgeron rallied the team in a big way, let his coordinators handle the play calls rather than micromanaging them like Kiffin, and got some seriously impressive performances out of them. This is why some of us can't understand why Haden would make an at best lateral move by hiring Sarkisian rather than keeping Orgeron.

squicken

Chelf has to be feeling like redemption is in order after last year's Bedlam game, too. He played lights out and should have won in Norman.

As long as our offense scores 30+ (and it should) we should win pretty comfortably. No way does our defense allow much more than 20 at home to Trevor Knight and Josh Heupel.

Pretty much how I see it as well. OU has to hope for turnovers and D/ST scores

And I'll say this for Bob. He fired Venables and put in Mike as DC, and he's going to fire the offensive staff at the end of the year. He seems to be running out of scapegoats.

It became clear Haden wasn't going to swing for the fences with this hire so Sark makes sense. I don't think he's a great HC but neither is Oregeron. Just seems like a lateral move, but who knows maybe Sark can get better with better recruits and more resources. Wonder if they could have talked Ken Norton into leaving PC and Seattle for a coaching gig.

cdyhybrid

Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum 25m
Apparently, the massive number of calls has crashed our phone system. We are working to correct situation.

PAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLL

KingGondo

Banned
Pretty much how I see it as well. OU has to hope for turnovers and D/ST scores

And I'll say this for Bob. He fired Venables and put in Mike as DC, and he's going to fire the offensive staff at the end of the year. He seems to be running out of scapegoats.
The big dirty secret in Norman is that they're not getting the kind of talent they did in the mid-2000s. I don't care who your OC and DC are, they're gonna have trouble without good/great players.

In fact, I think we have quite a bit more talent than they do this year, and it really isn't close. OU's aura of invincibility is gone.

So USC ended the year pretty decent. Was that a result of firing Lane Kiffin, or did the AD act too quickly?

edit: grammar

The AD acted 5 games too late. He should've fired Kiffin on the spot after the bowl game loss to GaTech last year. Only person in the world who thinks Lane got fired too quickly was Lane himself. I bet even Layla thought he should be fired.

squicken

The big dirty secret in Norman is that they're not getting the kind of talent they did in the mid-2000s. I don't care who your OC and DC are, they're gonna have trouble without good/great players.

In fact, I think we have quite a bit more talent than they do this year, and it really isn't close. OU's aura of invincibility is gone.

Oh I know. The talent on the lines is gross. I always wondered as a kid how Osborne got kids from the South and West Coast to spend winters in Nebraska, and eventually they couldn't beat their geography. I've always figured that to be an inevitability for Oklahoma, and it's just happening faster b/c Briles and Sumlin are now farming the same fields

Texas can screw around and wait too long to fire Mack, same with Florida and Muschamp. They will always just be a coach away. But OU has to worry about a landscape where kids commit to schools based on uniform color. Their history and brand are less important than ever

Draxal

stahp

Head of the Boise State Scout site just posted that a source told him that if UW offered Petersen he'd be "gone, gone, gone". Might explain why Wilcox is leaving?

Doesn't Petersen have a special needs child? Its not that big of a move so it would make sense.

cdyhybrid

Someone who knows boosters said the short list is (in no particular order):

Nuss
Mora
Petersen

Wilcox and Tosh gone. Heyward probably gone, Sirmon unsure because he wants to be a DC.

Doesn't Petersen have a special needs child? Its not that big of a move so it would make sense.

I believe so. Seattle has world-class medical care too.

A few posters on the Rutgers Rivals board wants to get a huge banner made up with;

"Rutgers should've bought Flood insurance" on it.

From what I understand Petersen wants off the sinking ship that is now Boise State. Wanted the USC job but Haden wanted Sark more. So yeah I'd imagine he'd go to UW if they offer him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom