• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

LOL.

Unfortunately this means no pressure on UCLA's AD to do anything to improve the team. But then it's not like he responds to pressure or ever attempts to do anything right anyway.

Paches

Greg Ducre ‏@GDucre18 2m
Damn...

Yeah, Sark's gone.

Top two names will be Mora and Wilcox. Don't see Mora leaving UCLA, timing is bad.

Wilcox could probably keep most of our young assistants on staff and keep recruiting from falling apart. Just get him a star OC and I'm happy.

Saban is available.

Thinking about this after joking, Nuss is still in Alabama right? Bring him back!

cdyhybrid

#FireHaden

You guys got into the game too late. All the good HCs that were realistic for the West Coast are already out here.

Saban is available.

We want Bama Saban. He is a Don James disciple! Plus I'm sure Bama fans will run him out of town after the Iron Bowl ;)

Edit:

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 1m
Don't be surprised if Chris Petersen and Washington share mutual interest

That's interesting...

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
You guys got into the game too late. All the good HCs that were realistic for the West Coast are already out here.

We want Bama Saban. He is a Don James disciple! Plus I'm sure Bama fans will run him out of town after the Iron Bowl ;)

Edit:

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 1m
Don't be surprised if Chris Petersen and Washington share mutual interest

That's interesting...

That'd be a tremendous upgrade over Sark, imho.

andycapps

I don't know why you'd fire the worst coach in the Pac-12 just to take the second worst. Stupid move by Haden if true.

Exactly why I expect Haden to go with Sark. Sark said he hasn't interviewed for the job, but he's talked to Haden. Guess they were just chatting about the weather then.

cdyhybrid

Tedford's available.

We could do worse, honestly. But we'll do better.

That'd be a tremendous upgrade over Sark, imho.

I'd be quite intrigued with that.

Sark :-(

I really like what he's done with the Dawgs.

And yet again, Mora gets kinda screwed over.

I appreciate him digging us out of the hole, but no one (including me) is really down in the dumps. If we nail the replacement (not hard, IMO) people will just move right along.

GAF Pick'em Week 15 Games

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 7 Go Cards! Get us into the BCS this Thursday lols.
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 13 Go Huskies! Keep us the hell out of the Fiesta Bowl. I'm sure the bowl is nice, but man Arizona is a big trip from the east coast...
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 4
UCF @ SMU by 9
Marshall @ Rice by 12
Texas @ Baylor by 4
Missouri vs. Auburn by 5
South Florida @ Rutgers by 5
Stanford @ Arizona State by 6
Duke vs. Florida State by 5 BCS is going nuclear in it's last year!
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 10
Utah State @ Fresno State by 9

jjasper

I know everyone wants to talk about Shark (Dubs should hire Wilcox). But lets take a second to appreciate Appalachian State's hot (hot hot) new logo:

BagLOjOCMAA0f81.png

cdyhybrid

Why would Petersen turn down better programs to go to Washington?

He obviously isn't looking for a bigger paycheck or job prestige or he wouldn't have turned down USC. He wants a school/area that fits his personality.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1m
#Sark had a ton of support from ppl close to Pat Haden and getting to 8 wins Friday was big. As was #USC losing to #UCLA.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
@schadjoe: Steve Sarkisian has accepted the USC head coaching position

Sark's on a strange ride, not long ago, he sounded like he was doing good work out there, and then this year, the Washington crew here hate him.

desh

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 4
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 4
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 10
UCF @ SMU by 21
Marshall @ Rice by 4
Texas @ Baylor by 7
Missouri vs. Auburn by 4
South Florida @ Rutgers by 4
Stanford @ Arizona State by 7
Duke vs. Florida State by 10
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 4
Utah State @ Fresno State by 4

Branduil

He obviously isn't looking for a bigger paycheck or job prestige or he wouldn't have turned down USC. He wants a school/area that fits his personality.

#Sark had a ton of support from ppl close to Pat Haden and getting to 8 wins Friday was big. As was #USC losing to #UCLA.

The new Trogan standard for excellence.

Meier

Bama-GAF: Good post on the projected team for next year, from someone who would know.
Coker will have only been at FSU for 3 years. He already is graduating? I know Ponder did it quickly but hadn't heard anything about it with Coker. Can a player use the ol graduate school trick in his 4th year of eligibility anyway? I'd be surprised if Coker could play right away.

cdyhybrid

Apparently, according to the same source, the players weren't overly upset about it.

Same intern who reported that the players thought Sark was leaving.

This plus local high schools (i.e. Bellevue) apparently not being fans of Sark makes this look better and better.

I didn't hate Sark and I wanted him to succeed here, but the same mistakes kept happening, and it was a worrying pattern that got too much for me.

ASJ ‏@Aesj88 1m
Solid Run

Him and Sankey are almost assuredly gone to the NFL.

⚡PRIMETIME!!!⚡ ‏@Joe_MainMixon 3m
USC is now back in the picture for me. #Fighton✌

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

andycapps

Pot laws obviously.

Of course! I don't know how I forgot that.

I mean, I don't get it, but I've never been a huge Petersen fan, so whatever he thinks is best. Though I do think he's an upgrade from Sarkisian.

:spurrier :spurrier :spurrier

That was the last football game that my (six months pregnant) wife and I will get to for a while, and it couldn't have been any better. Clemson called a pretty great game before falling apart the way Carolina used to do so often in this rivalry.

I love seeing Spurrier troll people, as long as it's not my team. He's so good at it. Plus that "Aw shucks" look that he does kills me every time.

cdyhybrid

Look on the bright side, Trogans-Age:

The last UW head coach to leave for another school was some guy named Darrell K. Royal, who left for some podunk school in Austin, TX.

squicken

Thoughts on Bedlam, squicken?

I haven't really been following the team very close this year. Watch the games, but I've been so annoyed with Landry and Heupel that I just sort checked out.

I'm pretty sure that Heupel is gone, but a loss wouldn't bother me. Wouldn't bother me to see OSU to make a BCS game. Be good way to finish for my boy Chelf!

(THU) Louisville @ Cincinnati by 39
(FRI) Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois by 12
Oklahoma @ Oklahoma State by 7
UCF @ SMU by 14
Marshall @ Rice by 21
Texas @ Baylor by 11
Missouri vs. Auburn by 4
South Florida @ Rutgers by 4
Stanford @ Arizona State by 5
Duke vs. Florida State by 27
Ohio State vs. Michigan State by 4
Utah State @ Fresno State by 6

Wow, I thought for sure they'd go with Franklin. I guess they decided keeping the PC tree alive was the most important thing.

Could've done that with Orgeron, though.

This decision makes no sense at all.

Anyway, the @FireHaden account has been created on Twitter (not by me).

Even as a visitor, that gave me goosebumps. Even after having a completely shit season and getting nearly blown-out by your hated rivals, every Gator in the stadium still chanted "It's great to be a Florida Gator!"

In all kinds of weather. Dem feels, man.

It surprised me. No boos the whole game. I thought the students had become whiny spoiled brats. I was wrong.

Sarkisian eh? Someone drive over to ttk's place and make sure he hasn't self-immolated.

edit: bah, should've refreshed.

cdyhybrid

Could've done that with Orgeron, though.

This decision makes no sense at all.

Anyway, the @FireHaden account has been created on Twitter (not by me).

Only fitting, @FireSark is now out of a job!

All the dirt is coming out now, apparently Sark had a thing for the sorority girls here.

After hearing some things from people I know, I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom