• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Tress won't coach d1 again

His show cause penalty and stuff is pretty rough, which is why I'm shocked. But it's what the guys are saying, the booosters want a big hire ... and can't get higher than him with our budget constraints.

(I mean we could get Belicheck as he has Rutgers ties, but let's be real).

His show cause penalty and stuff is pretty rough, which is why I'm shocked. But it's what the guys are saying, the booosters want a big hire ... and can't get higher than him with our budget constraints.

(I mean we could get Belicheck as he has Rutgers ties, but let's be real).

Tress has said he really has no desire of coaching d1 again. He's fine working his current role at Akron.

UCF is struggling mightily in the freezing weather thus far. good thing they already have the BCS berth locked up.

Also, Garrett Gilbert isn't playing which means we'll probably never see him play football again. end of an era

I don't know how to feel about Ohio State. On one hand, I hate their guts, but on the other hand, they're the Big 10's only hope... they're sort of like the anti-hero.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
SMU/UCF game "crowd" shot -

3alHkSE.jpg

::edit::
Different shot with better angle.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Yeah.... SMU had to shut down most of the stadium and it was the TV side.

Wait what? Also tell your Knights to pick it up!

Edit: read the last page, I see. So is anybody there? Are they all on the tv side? Free football game would be cool if you could make it there tho

I don't know how to feel about Ohio State. On one hand, I hate their guts, but on the other hand, they're the Big 10's only hope... they're sort of like the anti-hero.

MSU is our last hope so OSU doesn't play for the title. I think it's best not to demonstrate exactly how weak the B1G is this year.

Wait what? Also tell your Knights to pick it up!

Edit: read the last page, I see. So is anybody there? Are they all on the tv side? Free football game would be cool if you could make it there tho

There are some fans there... not a lot, though, and they're all on the non-TV side.

SMU shut down most gameday activities like tailgating too.

I can't believe how bad the roads got considering it was 80 degrees early in the week.

You have lived in Texas long enough to know this isn't that surprising.

I think the strangest was going into a friends house to watch a football game in shorts weather, and coming out to snow.

cashman

Banned
Does it ever just snow in Dallas or are all winter events ice storms?

It snowed during superbowl week a couple years ago, other than that its mostly ice.

You have lived in Texas long enough to know this isn't that surprising.
I'm used to drastic swings in temperature, but I was always under the impression that it had to be cold for a substantial period of time for any time of sleet/snow to stick to the ground.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Does it ever just snow in Dallas or are all winter events ice storms?

It does snow, it's just usually warm enough to melt a lot of snow during the day but freeze it overnight. In this storm's case, the problem is there was a ton of rain before it got cold enough to snow/freeze and then it's been freezing temperatures for two days.

Yesterday the roads were bad, but today they're worse. My snowy yard from yesterday is like a solid block of ice today.

That said, stick to the highways instead of smaller roads and stay away from overpasses and you can still get where you need to go. neighborhoods are the real problem with going anywhere; the main roads and highways have enough traffic to have tire grooves to safely drive in and are often salted or sanded while neighborhoods don't have either. Takes some people longer to get out of their driveways than it takes them to drive the next 10 miles they go. I have to drive 20 miles through town to get to work and I made it yesterday in the same amount of time it normally takes, mostly because it's almost all large road driving and while you have to go slow for the ice and snow there was almost no other traffic.

I'm used to drastic swings in temperature, but I was always under the impression that it had to be cold for a substantial period of time for any time of sleet/snow to stick to the ground.

It's kinda why you have ice. It melts when it first hits the ground, then freezes again when the road temp falls below freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom