• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Assuming no upsets, there are 7 clinched:

FSU
OSU
SEC Champ
Bama
UCF
Stanford
Okie St

Only eligible schools for last 3 are Clemson, Baylor, MSU, Oregon, ASU, and maybe UCLA.

Edit: If I had to guess, I'd say the bowls would pick MSU, Oregon, and Clemson from those.

ASU would likely fall out of the top 14 if they lose to Stanford.

Oh boy... Fiesta becoming more of a reality.

Don't get me wrong, happy to be in a BCS bowl, but Arizona makes the trip so much less realistic for a lot of our fan base.

$500+ in mandatory additional cost due to the flight requirement vs. a drivable New Orleans and Miami.

Balphon

Oh boy... Fiesta becoming more of a reality.

Don't get me wrong, happy to be in a BCS bowl, but Arizona makes the trip so much less realistic for a lot of our fan base.

$500+ in mandatory additional cost due to the flight requirement vs. a drivable New Orleans and Miami.

Never know. Sugar might prefer you guys over the alternatives (per zyx's scenario, a distant Oregon team and a Baylor team that has attendance problems in Waco) based on that exact consideration.

Of course, the NIU game ain't even out of halftime yet.

bgbball31

Roll along, you BG warriors! Loving the way we are playing. Just hope we can hang on to Clawson. With Johnson and Greene being only sophomores and Moore being a freshman, this offense could be in good shape for a while.

Boneheaded penalties like that personal foul don't help right now though...

Never know. Sugar might prefer you guys over the alternatives (per zyx's scenario, a distant Oregon team and a Baylor team that has attendance problems in Waco) based on that exact consideration.

Of course, the NIU game ain't even out of halftime yet.
That makes logical sense, but... BCS. American is no longer part of the system. Doubt they throw us any bones.

Edit: I think we would nearly sellout Sugar or Orange too.

Roll along, you BG warriors! Loving the way we are playing. Just hope we can hang on to Clawson. With Johnson and Greene being only sophomores and Moore being a freshman, this offense could be in good shape for a while.

Boneheaded penalties like that personal foul don't help right now though...

Yeah, definitely. We don't need stupid stuff like that.

This would be BG's first MAC title in 21 years, BTW. Dave Clawson possibly doing something that Urban Meyer couldn't.

I haven't read up on any further details, but I'm not so sure I'm blaming Haden much on this one. Is it just not possible that Peterson just didn't want to coach in SoCal? I mean, he turned down UCLA a few years ago as well and then jumps with U Dub opens up. Maybe he wanted to stay in the region, or go to a more low key school where he can still potentially compete for a national title. Not everyone wants the bright lights and all that comes with it.

I haven't read up on any further details, but I'm not so sure I'm blaming Haden much on this one. Is it just not possible that Peterson just didn't want to coach in SoCal? I mean, he turned down UCLA a few years ago as well and then jumps with U Dub opens up. Maybe he wanted to stay in the region, or go to a more low key school where he can still potentially compete for a national title. Not everyone wants the bright lights and all that comes with it.

Supposedly when they met, Haden determined that Petersen wouldn't be a "good fit" for LA, since he doesn't like dealing with the media in general. Also heard that Petersen wanted "complete control" over the program which Haden wasn't going for.

Balphon

That makes logical sense, but... BCS. American is no longer part of the system. Doubt they throw us any bones.

Edit: I think we would nearly sellout Sugar or Orange too.

Unless there are some upsets tomorrow Orange is probably a lock for Bama/Clemson if I'm doing my prognostication right.

Means nothing, but the Orange Bowl did just tweet Oregon and UCF.

Otherwise, if I can parlay an Arizona trip to a Vegas one too, still plenty of good times to be had.

bgbball31

“@darrenrovell: Bowling Green's win tonight means the 4 non-BCS conferences will split $14.25M instead of $28.5M, a $14.25 million loss.”

Balphon

Means nothing, but the Orange Bowl did just tweet Oregon and UCF.

Otherwise, if I can parlay an Arizona trip to a Vegas one too, still plenty of good times to be had.

I cannot fathom the Orange Bowl taking anyone other than Clemson and Alabama if given the chance. And the only thing that would really screw that up is Duke winning the ACC.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
VqFBYBZ.png

:lol, Internet is serious bidness

:lol, Foster responded

@davidpollack47: There is def one part of NIU's game that Bama wished they had, a FG kicker. This kid has a BOOT. He can make it from 60+.

@Foster_43: @davidpollack47 I've taken hell from people but wouldn't expect that from someone who had a successful football career and is an "expert"

@TreyDeuce32RTR: @Foster_43 @JOHNSON35BOY some people hate just to hate! When the world against you, you always got your brothers to back you up! #REAL #RTR

@JOHNSON35BOY: @TreyDeuce32RTR @Foster_43 lmao bro laugh that off you know who true to you and yours. Cj you already know what I'm saying inside tho

@dannykanell: @CoachGlenn40 @Foster_43 @davidpollack47 I know Pollack and I don't think he meant any ill will at all. He was more pumping up NIU kicker

@10AJMcCarron: @Foster_43 don't pay attention to someone especially when their opinion means zero at all. We will go to war on the field with you any day!

@davidpollack47: @Foster_43 It's wasn't meant as an insult to u my man. It was more about that guy being able to boot if from 60.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That escalated quickly.
Pretty much my exact response. I don't follow the tweeter or the people who tweet there, but I know Tim Watts is pretty good at his job no BOL. His forum name there is twatts, for what that's worth.

mre

And Cade Foster needs to get some thicker skin. Dude is the reason his team lost. As much as one person can be responsible for a football team losing.
(1) I don't think you understand how much Foster has taken since that game without responding. (2) Bullshit that HE is the reason we lost. It took an entire team sucking for us to lose that game. We gave up 300 yards rushing. Squandered opportunities to score. Saban lost his confidence in Foster, which is fine based upon his performance in that game. But instead of turning to the back-up and asking him to kick a fucking chip-shot field goal, he goes for it on fourth down inside the twenty only to turn around and ask Foster's backup--a freshman--to attempt a 55+ yarder. Fucking insane.

That escalated quickly. Tim Watts is a dildo.

And Cade Foster needs to get some thicker skin. Dude is the reason his team lost. As much as one person can be responsible for a football team losing.

Foster isn't the reason the team lost. His coach went out and said try an insane field goal and he almost made it. He's far down the list on who's to blame for the loss

Edit: duuuur that was the backup who missed the last one.

Still don't think you can blame it on foster for his early misses.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
(1) I don't think you understand how much Foster has taken since that game without responding. (2) Bullshit that HE is the reason we lost. It took an entire team sucking for us to lose that game. We gave up 300 yards rushing. Squandered opportunities to score. Saban lost his confidence in Foster, which is fine based upon his performance in that game. But instead of turning to the back-up and asking him to kick a fucking chip-shot field goal, he goes for it on fourth down inside the twenty only to turn around and ask Foster's backup--a freshman--to attempt a 55+ yarder. Fucking insane.

I can imagine he has taken some shit, almost certainly WAY worse than what Pollack said. Saying Bama has no kicker is light as hell. Snapping at that is just weird.

mre

I can imagine he has taken some shit, almost certainly WAY worse than what Pollack said. Saying Bama has no kicker is light as hell. Snapping at that is just weird.
Based upon Foster's comment it was WHO said it more than WHAT was said. Essentially, Pollack's comment can be condensed into the idea that Foster was responsible for our loss (which is where you took it), which is quite simply unfair to him. If some chucklehead like Cowherd or Palmer had said it, I doubt Foster would have reacted the same way. He probably had some measure of respect for Pollack which ratcheted up his reaction to such a banal comment.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Based upon Foster's comment it was WHO said it more than WHAT was said. Essentially, Pollack's comment can be condensed into the idea that Foster was responsible for our loss (which is where you took it), which is quite simply unfair to him. If some chucklehead like Cowherd or Palmer had said it, I doubt Foster would have reacted the same way. He probably had some measure of respect for Pollack which ratcheted up his reaction to such a banal comment.

What Pollack said cannot be condensed into the idea that Foster was responsible for your loss. Just because i am dumb enough to think that doesn't mean that Pollack meant that.

Bama is coming off a game where two kickers rather famously under performed. NIU had a kicker boot a couple good fgs. Pollack's comment simply wasn't very incendiary.

Besides, Pollack was arguing for Auburn going to the MNC. He clearly shouldn't be respected in the first place.

Kevtones

It snowed CRAZILY here in Eugene today so the football players organized a snowball fight with the student body. They also took to tubing and it seems Mariota's knee must be a-okay now:

1237488_452433191529022_1913259069_n.jpg

mre

What Pollack said cannot be condensed into the idea that Foster was responsible for your loss. Just because i am dumb enough to think that doesn't mean that Pollack meant that.

Bama is coming off a game where two kickers rather famously under performed. NIU had a kicker boot a couple good fgs. Pollack's comment simply wasn't very incendiary.
Clearly there was something about Pollack and that comment which struck a nerve with Foster. Objectively, you may be right in that the comment wasn't very incendiary, but Foster clearly felt differently.

Also, I don't think that Adam Griffin "under performed." He shorted a 55+ yard field goal. The rest of the team under performed on the run-back.

Kevtones

BAMA vs. OREGON in the Orange Bowl. Fucking BOOK it.

But for something resembling hope:

The @OrangeBowl just essentially called Oregon/Bama the CFB version of Mayweather/Pacquiao. Read into that however you wish.

Kevtones

If we get the chance to play an SEC team at all it'd almost certainly be Auburn and in New Orleans.

But bowl ties/shmowl ties. Clemson barely sold half their allotment for the last Orange Bowl and everyone would love Bama/Oregon. Last year of the BCS...

What is the choosing order this year? I though Orange had an advantage...

But bowl ties/shmowl ties. Clemson barely sold half their allotment for the last Orange Bowl and everyone would love Bama/Oregon. Last year of the BCS...

What is the choosing order this year? I though Orange had an advantage...

Order is: Orange, Sugar, Fiesta.

Edit: And Orange Bowl said hey to UCF and Oregon! Whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom