• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 2| - Directional schools: Pay to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Pick time:

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 7
Florida @ Miami by 7
South Florida @ Michigan State by 10
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 13
Oregon @ Virginia by 21
South Carolina @ Georgia by 3
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 7
Navy @ Indiana by 14
Texas @ BYU by 14
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 7
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 10
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 10

Quake1028

It'll probably be like the FSU / USF game last year. The game was at USF's "home" stadium of Raymond James Stadium but the stands were at least 50% garnet and gold.

Apparently this UF/UM game is a sellout, which I find hard to believe. But given Miami's abysmal attendance figures, I won't be surprised to see up to 75% of the stands in ProSunSharkLifePlayers Stadium decked out in blue & orange on Saturday.

The game is a sellout. And, while there will be plenty of Gatas there, no one front runs quite like Miami. The stadium is a shithole and far from campus. Doesn't excuse the lame attendance, but it's true.

cajunator

Banned
Wait, Waffle House has passed IHOP on the quality scale?

Waffle House is pretty good at 5 AM just before we go fishing in the Atchafalaya Swamp.
they are all over the place here and I have taken quite a liking to the food and atmosphere of the place over the years.

Enron

Banned
Nice! My wife was the PR Director (I helped out) for a few years and DJed. My bro was a DJ back in the day as well.

That's awesome! I've been on the production staff for a while, but I'm just about to pitch a new sports show next week.

EVERYONE BETTER LISTEN TO IT.

Where do you work? I'm chilling at WVFS 89.7 now.

You can add me to the list of former radio people in cfbGAF as well. I worked on the Georgia Bulldogs Radio network, failed miserably doing play by play/color for the baseball broadcasts back when the student station used to do UGA baseball games, did sports during the afternoon news for a couple of quarters, and did production/some engineering for WGAU/WNGC in Athens. Spent 6 years doing this stuff all told.

Zigzz14

Thought I might be going to the shit house for the game Sat night but plans fell through. Shit house is home to the biggest delusional and bigoted fan base in all of college football, so it's actually a probably a positive I'll be watching from home.

I'm thinking 14 point victory, this one doesn't need to be close.

GAF Pick'em Week 2 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 4
Florida @ Miami by 4
South Florida @ Michigan State by 4
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 4
Oregon @ Virginia by 14
South Carolina @ Georgia by 7
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 21
Navy @ Indiana by 7
Texas @ BYU by 7
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 14
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 7
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 4

I SEE YOU'VE CONVERTED INTO A POWER CONFERENCE HOMER.

MWHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHA

Thought I might be going to the shit house for the game Sat night but plans fell through. Shit house is home to the biggest delusional and bigoted fan base in all of college football, so it's actually a probably a positive I'll be watching from home.

Since some of my fellow nd fans need translating: by shit house he means the B1G house.

cashman

Banned

Never fails to disappoint

Never fails to disappoint
To be fair he said delusional AND bigoted. Michigan thinks the nd game is a huge rivalry game except when they don't want to play it after getting embarrassed on the field by Catholics. To be fair their only other real rivalry game is the Bo-Woody pissing contest game that nobody cares about outside of the home states and Kirk Herbstreit/ Desmond Howard ESPN homers.

KingGondo

Banned
Since moving into OKC a couple years ago I've become quite the brunch connoisseur.

There are some kick-ass places here. Cafe do Brasil (Brazilian-inspired dishes, plus who wouldn't want a caipirinha with breakfast?), Ingrid's (German breakfast buffet, with cheap mimosas, as well as schnitzel, sauerkraut and potato cakes), and Kitchen 324 (house-made biscuits with chorizo gravy, plus CRONUTS).

Breakfast. Fuck yeah.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

You're playing in South Bend?

Edit: beaten to the joke. :(

Round 2, lets do it.

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 14
Florida @ Miami by 10
South Florida @ Michigan State by 3
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 5
Oregon @ Virginia by 21
South Carolina @ Georgia by 7
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 21
Navy @ Indiana by 7
Texas @ BYU by 7
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 14

Meier

That's awesome! I've been on the production staff for a while, but I'm just about to pitch a new sports show next week.

EVERYONE BETTER LISTEN TO IT.

Tell Mischa that Jon and Alissa say hello. She'll probably get a kick out of the fact we have a (sort of) mutual acquaintance.

I always thought about trying out to do the news or sports but I just never did it. Wish I had in retrospect especially since the sports guys got to actually do some pretty neat stuff but oh well.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
What is the story behind Domers and their obsession with figs?
They misspelled "FIGHTING IRISH" as "FIGTHING IRISH" on their in-stadium cups.

uc8qvtJ.jpg

Jeff-DSA

I went back to investigate your claim further and found out BYU hasn't beaten a ranked team since 2009. They are 0 for their last 6 tries against a top 25 AP team. So, I don't know what upsets you're referring to, but I don't recall from recent memory BYU being so low that beating another unranked team was celebrated as winning a game they shouldn't have won. Or are you referring to a couple upsets from 2009 or older?( Thanks for upsetting OU that year btw ) In the past 4 years I wouldn't say BYU has won any game that they shouldn't have.

You sound scared. I think you're scared. I already expect us to suck this year. Somewhere along the line we'll get some heartbreaking wins so we can lament the should have could haves the rest of the season. I guess the last 3-4 years it hasn't been a thing, but it has been over the longer history of BYU.

Mostly I'm just screwing around though. Our offense is the worst.

andycapps

200 as fat not muscle and shit

Fair enough, I work out 4 times a week and am at 215, so 200 doesn't seem huge to me. Being in B1G country, I feel like your average brat eating fan is probably in the 230-250 range, and the only workouts they're doing are their Bud Lights.

Westonian

Our offense is the worst.

THE WORST!

Could you imagine last year's defense combined with Max Hall's offense? Why can't we find a single quarterback with an accurate arm in five years? FIVE!

It's just so frustrating. Like having an ace pitcher throw shut out after shut out inning, and never get a single run in support.

I will still watch and cheer, but part of me thinks the problem is Bronco Mendenhall doesn't know how to evaluate or recruit offensive players. Amazing defensive mind, but offense baffles him.

mcgruber

Pick time:

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 7
Florida @ Miami by 7
South Florida @ Michigan State by 15
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 10
Oregon @ Virginia by 25
South Carolina @ Georgia by 4
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 10
Navy @ Indiana by 7
Texas @ BYU by 15
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 18

hoping georgia doesn't implode. i have no clue what will happen with indiana and navy. how bad is indiana state compared to navy?

Jeff-DSA

So, has Urban Meyer turned the OSU/Michigan rivalry into one of true hate yet? The BYU/Utah rivalry was always fierce, but players and fans had fun with it. Coaches would often appear in ads together, but after Urban came in, he ruined the whole thing entirely. He introduced disrespect and disdain into the mix and now I just hate the whole rivalry week because it's so freaking mean spirited. Now you can't discuss either team without someone going to personal insults. Thanks, Urban!

Stupid Ute fans still say "the team down south" instead of BYU. It sounds so stupid and cultish. One of Meyer's dumber additions to the rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom