• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 2| - Directional schools: Pay to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Honestly, it's just second nature at this point. Unless you happen to be interviewing with some Miami or Kent State asshole with an ax to grind, it's a non-issue here. Nobody cares.
Well, it looks like we're horning in on your turf. From now on I insist that we he referred to as tUA. As seen in Dallas:
rAdIcmx.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
12:00 PM Eastern Michigan at Penn State

Eastern Michigan nearly lost to Howard , so i think we'll win this and be 1 less game till games can count again

The more I think about it, the more I hate the definitive article in front of "Ohio State".

Also, using it to denigrate Ohio? How very aggy of you. When aggie goes aggy, they refuse to call us UT, and instead refer to us as "tu".

So congrats, you halfway to grabbing your nuts and worshipping a dog.

Talon

Well, that's kind of the point.

To be fair, Miami is a good school. It was dubbed a public ivy long before we were, actually, but our academic reputation has continued to rise while theirs has stagnated.
What.

Every douchebag I've met from Miami has been the biggest numbskull, came from east coast money and went through boarding school but failed to get into any east coast school douchebag than the one prior.

What.

Every douchebag I've met from Miami has been the biggest numbskull, came from east coast money and went through boarding school but failed to get into any east coast school douchebag than the one prior.

Miamis(OH) is where the pretty people go!

Also, using it to denigrate Ohio? How very aggy of you. When aggie goes aggy, they refuse to call us UT, and instead refer to us as "tu".

So congrats, you halfway to grabbing your nuts and worshipping a dog.

Yeah, aside from A&M's storied history of racism, homophobia and misogyny, we're just like them.

C'mon. We're hardly the only public university to poke fun at lesser universities in our state. Have you ever seen Michigan Men™ ridicule Michigan State?

Yeah, aside from A&M's storied history of racism, homophobia and misogyny, we're just like them.

We're hardly the only public university to poke fun at lesser universities in our state.

Hey now, the racism, homophobia, and misogyny isn't what makes A&M weird. Otherwise, Ole Miss and Alabama are the same as A&M.

No sir, aggy goes beyond the traditional ills of society.

andycapps

C'mon. We're hardly the only public university to poke fun at lesser universities in our state. Have you ever seen Michigan Men™ ridicule Michigan State?
The good thing about Georgia Tech is that they're so nerdy we don't even really need to make fun of them. It's low hanging fruit. Doesn't stop me from doing it, though.

Talon

The good thing about Georgia Tech is that they're so nerdy we don't even really need to make fun of them. It's low hanging fruit. Doesn't stop me from doing it, though.
They're too busy getting real jobs instead of becoming "landscape architects*."

*This is a real program at UGA.

I think I'm going to have to boycott Fox Sports 1 or something. One of the halftime guys just said, "Tommy Rees was off the chain."

andycapps

They're too busy getting real jobs instead of becoming "landscape architects*."

*This is a real program at UGA.
Not that shit again.

On the player intros for the Ravens, Michael Oher said he was from the University of Ole Miss. I'm familiar with University of Mississippii, that other one must be a new program.

Not that shit again.

On the player intros for the Ravens, Michael Oher said he was from the University of Ole Miss. I'm familiar with University of Mississippii, that other one must be a new program.

My favorite is when they say their high school, I like to think its because theyre ashamed of their college. Jimmy smith said his HS, hes from Colorado so its understandable. (sorry chitown, wherever you may be....)

Talon

My favorite is when they say their high school, I like to think its because theyre ashamed of their college. Jimmy smith said his HS, hes from Colorado so its understandable. (sorry chitown, wherever you may be....)

Everyone pour one out for ChiTown.

mre

Hey now, the racism, homophobia, and misogyny isn't what makes A&M weird. Otherwise, Ole Miss and Alabama are the same as A&M.

No sir, aggy goes beyond the traditional ills of society.
Whoa, whoa, WHOA. Misogyny? No, sir.

ag-my001

Some say their HS because they never actually graduated from college. Not many, and I don't know if it applies to this case, but it happens.

tokkun

Wake Forest @ Boston College by 4
Florida @ Miami by 4
South Florida @ Michigan State by 10
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 11
Oregon @ Virginia by 18
South Carolina @ Georgia by 4
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 10
Navy @ Indiana by 7
Texas @ BYU by 10
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 10
Arkansas State @ Auburn by 4
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 7

KingGondo

Banned
Wake Forest @ Boston College by 4
Florida @ Miami by 4
South Florida @ Michigan State by 18
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 7
Oregon @ Virginia by 28
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 4
Navy @ Indiana by 11
Texas @ BYU by 18
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 28
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 7

Sparty talks a ton of shit though, particularly almost exclusively about us, and plays in the same conference. Different.

I SEE YOU'VE CONVERTED INTO A POWER CONFERENCE HOMER.

MWHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHA

I dont know what you mean, haha.

I picked Miami because they are cooler than Florida - "The U" man.
South Carolina will beat Georgia because Aaron Murray can't win against decent opposition.
Michigan will win because they have momentum of an improving program and at home. I didn't rate ND last year, and from all reports, they havent gotten much better, if at all.

mre

I picked Miami because they are cooler than Florida - "The U" man.
The "U" is dead. It died when they stopped playing in the OB. Now, Miami is just a warm-weather version of Syracuse.
South Carolina will beat Georgia because Aaron Murray can't win against decent opposition.
Correct!
Michigan will win because they have momentum of an improving program and at home. I didn't rate ND last year, and from all reports, they havent gotten much better, if at all.
This one is tough to pick. It's hard to quantify how ND's Fig Thing will factor into the game.
Tommy Rees couldn't even outrun the cops last year. QBs who lack any shred of NFL talent do often win the Heisman trophy, though.
Rees is getting Heisman play? Someone better tell his girlfriend to watch her back.

Nah, fighting for the OB was a pretty Uish thing to do.

Fighting, yes.

They are supposed to fight OU, and make Bosworth look useless. They are supposed to make the SEC look old and busted. They are supposed to shove Lou Holtz's face into the ground and eat that Irish dirt.

But fighting FIU? C'mon son. That's like picking on the kid who hasn't gone through puberty yet.

mre

Fighting, yes.

They are supposed to fight OU, and make Bosworth look useless. They are supposed to make the SEC look old and busted.

But fighting FIU? C'mon son. That's like picking on the kid who hasn't gone through puberty yet.
Still, how often does a fight break out in college football?

ND didn't get much better than going undefeated in the regular season? I'm confused by your analysis.

ND didn't get much better than going undefeated in the regular season? I'm confused by your analysis.

Well, and I don't mean to talk shit here - at all - but the two games I have on my mind, for instance, are Michigan and Alabama. 13-6 on the strength of six turnovers is your win over Michigan, at your place. And then Alabama. Supposing Notre Dame isn't any better than those two games, he's certainly not going out on a limb saying Michigan has momentum playing at home.

mre

Your lawyering has made you weak. Think about her oeuvre.
So... To Kill a Mockingbird? Because that's pretty much what I was thinking of when I made my response, and it's pretty much all you can think of when you discuss Harper Lee.

Again, Misogyny is a weak criticism to toss at Harper Lee, and, again, Harper Lee /= The University of Alabama, so even any valid criticism of misogyny in Lee's work is irrelevant. A better argument for misogyny at The University of Alabama is that they located the woman's study department in Manly Hall.

(FRI) Wake Forest @ Boston College by 4
Florida @ Miami by 10
South Florida @ Michigan State by 7
Cincinnati @ Illinois by 6
Oregon @ Virginia by 27
Syracuse @ Northwestern by 17
Navy @ Indiana by 13
Texas @ BYU by 4
West Virginia @ Oklahoma by 27
Notre Dame @ Michigan by 10

AntoneM

FYI, 55-0 ASU over FCS team.

umm, yay?

That said, in one half Taylor Kelly went 23/31, 299 yds, 5 TD. Grice averaged 4.1 yds per carry on 15 carries.

Well, and I don't mean to talk shit here - at all - but the two games I have on my mind, for instance, are Michigan and Alabama. 13-6 on the strength of six turnovers is your win over Michigan, at your place. And then Alabama. Supposing Notre Dame isn't any better than those two games, he's certainly not going out on a limb saying Michigan has momentum playing at home.

Notre Dame doesn't follow the normal rules of football. They consistently play the worst at home. The ND offense was horrible last year against Michigan and they also had turnover woes. The offense looks significantly better than last year. I'm less worried about going against a more traditional, yet mobile, qb than Denard to be perfectly honest.

The Alabama performance was an inevitability given our lack of depth last year. The team wasn't able to scrimmage normally for fear of injury and it clearly showed in the first quarter of the game when the defense got steamrolled.

Using the previous year as a barometer for how two teams will do this year (who both have different starting qbs than last year too) is about as asinine as preseason polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom