• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 3| Kiffen/Brown Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all on board with him when it seemed like he was turning it around, but he is(was?) still blaming everyone else for everything and not taking personal responsibility for any other problem he got into or caused. Although to be honest i havent heard much out of him in a year or two other than his rugby stint, so this may have changed.
There was a great Deadspin article from last year that painted the complete opposite picture. I'd dig it up and post, but I'm on Mobile GAF at the airport and it would be a colossal pain in the ass.

Speaking of which, I'm en route to SFO for the game. So yay for that.

Matchup up the year right here

jXh070le53wmj.PNG

There was a great Deadspin article from last year that painted the complete opposite picture. I'd dig it up and post, but I'm on Mobile GAF at the airport and it would be a colossal pain in the ass.

Speaking of which, I'm en route to SFO for the game. So yay for that.

Ill have to look it up.

I was supposed to go to the game, but just started my new position 3 weeks ago so I had to cancel all of it :(

Have fun!

tokkun

You and I have different opinions as to where shoulders are.

The angle of that shot is going to make his hand look higher than it actually was at player eye-level.

In any case, it's kind of a moot point since it didn't end up being the last, most important, or most egregious bad call.

No meetup scheduled with Cyan. Mostly going to be hanging out with my BFF, who just finished law school at Davis, and his fiancee, who just finished law school at Berkeley.

If I remember correctly, mre went to both schools.

Schlep

I'm going to a local game (I'm pro-home team), and a friend got himself seats in the visitor section (he's pro-visitor team), and he wants me to buy tickets in that section and join him there. Not weird, right?
Just be prepared for the worst seats in the stadium. Ours is newly built (2011) so there are no bad sightlines, but the visitors get baked in the Texas sun. I've been to more than a couple where I felt like I would've seen 10x more of the game by sitting at home.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The offensive playcalling in general has been bad these past two years. Missing Pachall hurts, but his first 4 games last year, they struggled to score. 20 against Kansas, 27 against Virginia, and 24 against SMU in 3 of Pachall's 4 starts last year.

There is good, electric talent there. I don't get it.

Nobody but the running backs really scared me going into the game. I felt like you guys would get more big plays than you did, as you do have some good talent, but there isn't that one guy I feel like we needed to account for at all times like Amaro is for us.

As a side note, Patterson is going to need to mellow the hell out now that you're in the Big XII and won't be able to rip off long strings of 10 win seasons like you have been. The screaming at your players isn't going to fly as well when you're not winning a conference championship every year. There've been interviews with recruits lately that took visits to TCU practice and came away saying it didn't look like anybody was having any fun. I know our players got a taste of that when Chad Glasgow came over to be our DC from Patterson's staff and our players hated him. Seeing him rip the shit out of his players when they make mistakes isn't doing you guys any favors.

mcgruber

Forgot texas ole miss is on LhN. Guess they're trying to hide the embarrassment now, pretty good planning on their part

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The angle of that shot is going to make his hand look higher than it actually was at player eye-level.

In any case, it's kind of a moot point since it didn't end up being the last, most important, or most egregious bad call.

Bad resolution since I'm on my phone but how does this angle work for you?

vg7DJFO.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Details on the Vandy Rape Case

Some text messages. Sounds like Vandy's starting QB helped moved her unconscious body out into the hallway. Wonder how he hasn't got involved in charges.

On June 23, 2013, in the early morning hours, Brandon Vandenburg took an unconscious female Vanderbilt student from the Tin Roof bar to his room in Gillette Hall, which is located on the Vanderbilt campus, here in Nashville, Davidson County. Mr. Vandenburg was joined in the room by Corey Batey, Brandon Banks and Jaborian McKenzie, where this female student was sexually assaulted by different individuals. During one of the aggravated rapes, Mr. Vandenburg sent a text to Mr. Boyd showing the unconscious victim with an object inserted in her anally. Mr. Boyd promptly deleted the text because he didn’t want his girlfriend to see it. Shortly after receiving the text, Mr. Boyd received a phone call from Mr. Vandenburg saying that the victim had been “messed with in the hall” and sexually assaulted in the room, and he needed Mr. Boyd to come over. Mr. Vandenburg further stated that he wanted to have sex with the victim but could not get an erection even though he had used cocaine. When Mr. Boyd arrived, he found the victim laying in the hall, unconscious and not fully clothed. He and two other individuals carried her back into the room and placed her in the bed and left.

Texts: 6/23 Boyd to Vandenburg: Tell ur boys to delete that shit. I’m looking out for your ass.

second text: And tell your roommate he didn’t see shit.

third text: Boyd’s girlfriend (unidentified) to Boyd: How is everything with Brandon

fourth text: Boyd to girlfriend: Good. I got everything cleared up and I talked to both Tip and Corey already. Deleted everything. She didn’t remember shit and feels bad.

fifth text (6/24) Batey to Boyd: We still good? I’m stressing

sixth text: Batey to Boyd: Video deleted? Have you talked to her

seventh text Boyd to Batey: Nah she doesn’t anything that happened but she passed out in Vandenburg’s bed. Me Carta (Vanderbilt starting QB) and van der Wal (Vanderbilt TE) and Vanderburg helped us move her out the hallway.

eighth Batey to Boyd: Tell him don’t say nothing to anybody
(return to narrative)

Vandy's got Cocaine, The U done went north and got edumacated.

How has Franklin not lost his job?

Mr. Vandenburg further stated that he wanted to have sex with the victim but could not get an erection even though he had used cocaine.

I'm guessing Vandenburg is not a pharmacology major...because that's usually not how coke works at all.

JCX

Texas Tech by 9

Louisville @ Kentucky by 4
UCLA @ Nebraska by 12
Fresno State @ Colorado by 7
Boston College @ USC by 8
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 6
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 7
Ohio State @ California by 17
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 10
Ole Miss @ Texas by 4
Oregon State @ Utah by 10
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 12

Homeboyd

As someone who never really goes to college football games... what's it like sitting in the visitor section?

I'm going to a local game (I'm pro-home team), and a friend got himself seats in the visitor section (he's pro-visitor team), and he wants me to buy tickets in that section and join him there. Not weird, right?
I was in the a&m section in Tuscaloosa last year. It was awesome. Bama folks actually welcomed us and congratulated us after we won... It was more of a "Hey, no one ever beats us.. So good job. Respect. We'll see you next year." I've heard Death Valley isn't as kind to its visitors.

Heading to college station tomorrow am btw. Can't fucking wait. Gig 'em.

andycapps

I was in the a&m section in Tuscaloosa last year. It was awesome. Bama folks actually welcomed us and congratulated us after we won... It was more of a "Hey, no one ever beats us.. So good job. Respect. We'll see you next year." I've heard Death Valley isn't as kind to its visitors.

Heading to college station tomorrow am btw. Can't fucking wait. Gig 'em.

We have an Aggy fan! Now don't go full Aggy on us.

andycapps

ARE THERE NOT OTHERS?!

This guy below you that I always forget about.

There are plenty of us around here.... we just don't post much. Have season tickets so between tailgating and being at the games I don't get on much.

It's true, you don't post much so I forgot. The ones that go full Aggy stick out more because they burn brightly for a few days and then get banned for something on gaming side.

jagowar

It's true, you don't post much so I forgot. The ones that go full Aggy stick out more because they burn brightly for a few days and then get banned for something on gaming side.

I generally go read only on the gaming side (same with texags). I use both to keep informed and that's about it.

And this place is getting pretty crazy already.... traffic is pretty much a parking lot around Kyle Field and there are close if not more than 100 local news camped out. The tailgating was even stepped up this week, on monday they began setting up massive tents all over the place.

Draxal

It looks like the score in the OSU scandal is now.

Gondo: Infinite Justice.
Cyan: Relegated to become a Mizzou Tiger fan.

Rumor is that Arky @ Rutgers will be the college game day site next week. I jus t think there has to be a better game than that.

It looks like the score in the OSU scandal is now.

Gondo: Infinite Justice.
Cyan: Relegated to become a Mizzou Tiger fan.

Rumor is that Arky @ Rutgers will be the college game day site next week. I jus t think there has to be a better game than that.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, looking at the schedule there is not anything next week. Primetime game is KSU at Texas start of the season looked good, but now we know......

neau4z_medium.gif

Kansas-State-Fan-Is-Not-Happy-GIF.gif

NewLib

Banned
Louisville @ Kentucky by 10
UCLA @ Nebraska by 17
Fresno State@ Colorado by 10
Boston College @ USC by 6
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 17
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 4
Ohio State @ California by 13
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 6
Ole Miss @ Texas by 4
Oregon State @ Utah by 7
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 6

cashman

Banned
T. Boone Pickens ‏@boonepickens 12 Sep
Great analogy by @DennisDMZ: Press can do 5 pt series on #okstate football w/ stuff from 10 yrs ago but we know nothing new about Benghazi!

T Boone chiming in

Texas is denying the Dodd rumor. Or someone that might be from Texas.
UT officials pretty much have to deny it. Chip Brown is sticking with his story.

jbug617

Banned
ESPN running another Manziel autograph update. Supplies photo of Manziel signing at the home of known autograph dealer.

http://t.co/568H1AoVi0
ncf_r_johnny-manziel_mb_300.jpg

ESPN called Tieman through his company and was told he was not immediately available for comment. Texas A&M has not made Manziel available for interviews this week prior to Saturday's game against No. 1 Alabama in College Station. Neither Manziel's attorney, Jim Darnell, nor a Texas A&M official returned calls seeking comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom