• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 3| Kiffen/Brown Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Agreed. Showboating deserves karma in kind.

Just saw it on replay, that's showboating? Looks like slowing down and dropping the ball to me. Same as most long, uncontested touchdowns.

Showboating is what Deshean Jackson's done a couple times.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just saw it on replay, that's showboating? Looks like slowing down and dropping the ball to me. Same as most long, uncontested touchdowns.

Showboating is what Deshean Jackson's done a couple times.

Not showboating but extreme idiocy.

Holy shit at that call.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Can anyone go over the rundown of the stuff going on in the game? I was glued to the LA Tech/Tulane game.

Bad call on an invalid fair catch called back a td punt return.

Bad call on a kick interference called back a punt turnover that would have given tcu the ball in TTU territory,

Bad call on a fumble that would have given TCU a chance to tie it starting at their 30 or so.

So I heard there are some special Tech fans using laser pointers against TCU? Is that seriously true?

Actually, Tech's QB (Baker Mayfield, right before he was knocked out of the game)reported it to the officials. So Id presume it was blinding him.

Ugly game, but a win.

Terrible officiating on both sides of the ball.

Mayfield looked like a walk-on true freshman tonight. I guess we have a QB controversy on the South Plains. Sigh.

Enfinit

I'm pretty sure there are more than 2 college football teams in the state of Texas.

1. Texas A&M
2. Texas Tech
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. SMU
6. Houston
7. Rice
8. North Texas
9. UTEP
10. UTSA
11. Texas State
12. The University of Texas at Austin Fighting Mack Brown Longschlongs

Bad call on an invalid fair catch called back a td punt return.

Bad call on a kick interference called back a punt turnover that would have given tcu the ball in TTU territory,

Bad call on a fumble that would have given TCU a chance to tie it starting at their 30 or so.

The invalid fair catch looked like an invalid fair catch to me. Also, since you guys ended up scoreing a TD on the same possession, I think it's rather unlikely it cost you anything but clock, which Patterson seemed in no way to be concerned about until the very end.

The kick interference was a penalty. The gunner can't move within 1 yrd. in the face of the kick returner at any time before the returner makes contact with the ball, even if he doesn't touch him. Not only was TCU's gunner within 1 yrd, he moved a Tech protection man into the path of the returner, hitting him.

The bad call/no review on the Kenny Williams fumble was a bad call. Welcome to the party.

There was also a DPI that should have been called on TCU called an interception, and a critical 1st down called back for a phantom OPI called against tech, so it went both ways. Bad officials.

C4Lukins

I think there was a half dozen other instances as well that you could point to.

It was so bad throughout that it feels like a football game was not played. It was like a series of random dice rolls determined the winner. RPG pen and paper football.

Draxal

The kick interference was a penalty. The gunner can't move within 1 yrd. in the face of the kick returner at any time before the returner makes contact with the ball, even if he doesn't touch him. Not only was TCU's gunner within 1 yrd, he moved a Tech protection man into the path of the returner, hitting him.

There was also a DPI that should have been called on TCU called an interception, and a critical 1st down called back for a phantom OPI called against tech, so it went both ways. Bad officials.

I totally agree ... of course I picked the Red Raiders by 10 in the pickem knowing that that the refs would be fair and honorable.

I totally agree ... of course I picked the Red Raiders by 10 in the pickem knowing that that the refs would be fair and honorable.

Bottom line I'm gonna tell any butthurt TCU fans is this: "Your offense had the ball 15 possessions. NONE of these "controversial" calls stopped an offensive drive. Yet you only scored 10 pts. against a line that you outweighed by an avg of what...40lbs/man?"

cashman

Banned
1. Texas A&M
2. Texas Tech
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. SMU
6. Houston
7. Rice
8. North Texas
9. UTEP
10. UTSA
11. Texas State
12. The University of Texas at Austin Fighting Mack Brown Longschlongs

Baylor is better than Tech and might be pretty close to A&M

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ugly win or not, I'm glad we got to cram Patterson's talk about our staff being too young and too inexperienced and in over their heads back in his face.
Tech's uniforms tonight:

SMH. I'm gonna start calling you Xerox Tech.
Clearly you guys heard we were doing it and rushed out your own inferior version last season to make it look like you beat us to the punch. Our properly aged and simmered design process resulted in the true best gray uniforms.

How do you give that up?

Xerox Tech copying Weeden to Blackmon. SMH.
Blackmon...that's the guy that copied Crabtree's consecutive Biletnikoff wins, right?

Ugly win or not, I'm glad we got to cram Patterson's talk about our staff being too young and too inexperienced and in over their heads back in his face.
Clearly you guys heard we were doing it and rushed out your own inferior version last season to make it look like you beat us to the punch. Our properly aged and simmered design process resulted in the true best gray uniforms.

Blackmon...that's the guy that copied Crabtree's consecutive Biletnikoff wins, right?

Theyve even copied each others average NFL careers!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Returner's hand never went above his head. It only went to shoulder height. Don't know how you can call that a fair catch signal.

TCUfaircatch.gif

You and I have different opinions as to where shoulders are. It doesn't seem to me like he intentionally called for a fair catch, but the actual intent doesn't matter, just that his hand went up. Our gunner didn't even try to tackle him because he thought it was a fair catch. Even the TCU fans I sat by thought it was a fair catch. We agreed the punt interference was probably a bad call as well.

There may have been a riot in that stadium if they hadn't reversed it. Fans were piiiiiiiiiissed.

It's embarrassing to claim this game as a win. Longhorns would wipe the floor with you.

This game shouldn't count for pick em
No matter how bad they look I'll believe we can beat Texas when the scoreboard actually shows it. Haven't beaten them since 2008. IIRC that includes a win by Garrett Gilbert and two by David Ash.

I know everyone here likes to make fun of Maurice Clarett, but he was on the local NPR station yesterday, sharing his struggles with mental illness and advocating for Medicaid expansion in Ohio.

So yeah, I get that he's a punchline, but I really admire him for what he's doing right now.

I know everyone here likes to make fun of Maurice Clarett, but he was on the local NPR station yesterday, sharing his struggles with mental illness and advocating for Medicaid expansion in Ohio.

So yeah, I get that he's a punchline, but I really admire him for what he's doing right now.

Still a douche.

Sorry man, hope you find a QB at some point in the next couple years.

Boykin looked like dogshit last night.

The offensive playcalling in general has been bad these past two years. Missing Pachall hurts, but his first 4 games last year, they struggled to score. 20 against Kansas, 27 against Virginia, and 24 against SMU in 3 of Pachall's 4 starts last year.

There is good, electric talent there. I don't get it.

Sorry, but I'm not going to kick the guy when he's obviously working pretty damn hard to turn his life around.

I was all on board with him when it seemed like he was turning it around, but he is(was?) still blaming everyone else for everything and not taking personal responsibility for any other problem he got into or caused. Although to be honest i havent heard much out of him in a year or two other than his rugby stint, so this may have changed.

Talka

As someone who never really goes to college football games... what's it like sitting in the visitor section?

I'm going to a local game (I'm pro-home team), and a friend got himself seats in the visitor section (he's pro-visitor team), and he wants me to buy tickets in that section and join him there. Not weird, right?

As someone who never really goes to college football games... what's it like sitting in the visitor section?

I'm going to a local game (I'm pro-home team), and a friend got himself seats in the visitor section (he's pro-visitor team), and he wants me to buy tickets in that section and join him there. Not weird, right?

Nah, a lot of time home teams will go through visitors teams to get tickets. When smaller colleges come here Ohio State fans will out numbers visitor fans in the visitors section.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

There may be an idiot here and there who talks too much angry trash but for the most part in my experience if anybody really acknowledges him it will be lighthearted.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Rumors are swirling that Thayer Evans has been fired.

Edit: probably false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom