• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 6| Kiffin Named Next AD of Texas

Why should Washington drop in the rankings, ESPN? For barely losing on the road to a higher ranked team? Didn't that more likely imply the rankings are about right?

Meier

Sark needs to go. We should have won by 14. Instead he played scared and left it up to the refs.

Dude. Enough with this same damn post. Your team will return to mediocrity again without him in all likelihood.

The fact that ball was incomplete was pretty clearly conclusive to me. You can see it hit the turf from that view behind him.

cashman

Banned
Dude. Enough with this same damn post. Your team will return to mediocrity again without him in all likelihood.

The fact that ball was incomplete was pretty clearly conclusive to me. You can see it hit the turf from that view behind him.

It's not that you can see it hit the ground, but you can see the ball go through his arms.

cdyhybrid

It had nothing to do with the reviewed catch. He gave them short fields twice trying to do some retarded short kick bullshit that backfired both times. They got 14 points off of that.

Sark got shook off one blown kickoff return and played it scared the rest of the time.

cashman

Banned
EWmof.gif
Shaw
p0QHO.gif

cdyhybrid

I don't get it. Why do you want to get rid of the guy that made you guys relevant again?
Relevant is not the standard here. Anyone with a pulse could have gone 7-6 3 years in a row here. Tyrone was so bad that a career 7-6 coach is now getting defended over moral victories. Shake my fucking head.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Keith Price could be an NFL quarterback, guy plays with a ton of heart. Difficult even for a Coug to dislike him.

Meier

Washington managed to rack up over 200 more yards than Stanford. Oof. Never more evident how big ST are than tonight.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hope all the attention Famous is going to get over the next two weeks doesn't go to his head and mess with his play in Death Valley. He will throw some ints, just hope he can deal with them and not get frustrated. He gets Peyton face when things go poorly.

Paches

Relevant is not the standard here. Anyone with a pulse could have gone 7-6 3 years in a row here. Tyrone was so bad that a career 7-6 coach is now getting defended over moral victories. Shake my fucking head.

We should recall that a 10-2 or 9-3 season is still possible here. If you asked me if I would take that at the start of the year I would have signed up.

cdyhybrid

We should recall that a 10-2 or 9-3 season is still possible here. If you asked me if I would take that at the start of the year I would have signed up.
We'll lose to Oregon and UCLA at bare minimum if we keep playing like this. Probably ASU too.

So how about a 9-3 season? Still not good enough? I'd say that's the most likely outcome for you guys this year.

You guys aren't gonna lose to ASU, and probably not to UCLA either. either way I really doubt it'll be both.

Meier

I hope all the attention Famous is going to get over the next two weeks doesn't go to his head and mess with his play in Death Valley. He will throw some ints, just hope he can deal with them and not get frustrated. He gets Peyton face when things go poorly.
Some writer for ESPN.com interviewed him after the game and he gave a great answer about it. Basically boiled down to the fact that now the game is here, there can't be any concerns about looking ahead past other opponents to it. This kid is a pro at interviews -- Jimbo taught him well.

cdyhybrid

yeah, no
also what's with you making it sound like losing to Oregon on the road is a failure or something

1) We play Oregon at home
2) Losing to Oregon is always a failure

USC needs to see this post

Please forward it to Pat Haden

You should save some rage for when the Hawks lose on the same Wilson scramble 4th down completion that is overturned and the game is over. I am calling that outcome right now.

You can lose games in the NFL.

No we wouldn't. Getting Sark would absolutely be a major loss for us.

There was a coach we're interested in at this game but it sure wasn't Sark
It'll take a longshot to get Peterson. Unless you guys wanna do us crosstown rivals a favor and hire more ex raider coaches..lol

cdyhybrid

So basically fire Sark if you don't win the MNC this year?

I fire Sark if we blow winnable games because of terrible coaching and penalties, like we have been for years.

Real talk: if you go 9-3 this year then you should be damn happy, and it's plenty good enough.

We'd have to actually go 9-3 though.

Stanford isn't that good. I'm going to quote this post when Oregon beats them by 24.

Corsick

Real talk: if you go 9-3 this year then you should be damn happy, and it's plenty good enough.

Washington has competed for conference and national titles under multiple coaches, with only one prolonged downturn that ended in 2009. Any team with good talent can have incredible runs with the right coach, just like any team (USC right now, Bama right before Saban) can be cast into mediocrity with the wrong coach. USC should be happy with a bowl game and not getting blown out multiple times this year. Washington has the talent to compete for a conference title, coaching is what is stopping them. Your perspective is completely rooted in the recent past it seems. Washington is suffering because of a lack of discipline (coaching) and some really poor play calling. The only position group that is genuinely not prepared to win 10+ games is the offensive line, due to poor recruiting and development (on the coaches again).

Top Bottom