• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

Talon

I was in the 8th grade and I interviewed him for my school newspaper. Asked him about his Heisman chances.

I've randomly met Kellen Clemons (sold him a shitty wrestling game), Dennis Dixon (dorms), Dan Fouts (airport), Joey Harrington (buying slurpies), and Chris Miller (coaches at my high school). Never met Bill Musgrave or AJ Feeley though...

So I've met a lot of subpar to terrible NFL quarterbacks. I haven't met Mariota so maybe that bodes well...
Dude, you went to South Eugene? My college roommate went there.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Say you guys take care of Clemson and NC State, and we take care of UNC and Wake....Gameday HAS to be in Tally on 11/2, right?

Unless the world burns down, Jameis is going to have horrible amounts of hype if we beat Clemson and NC State. They will want to talk about him as much as Manziel.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Did they get the first choice on both of those games? I can't for the life of me figure out why they would choose UGA/Vandy over FLA/Mizzou or LSU/Ole Miss.

Saw someone mention that, since one of the Mizzou game is "SEC Network/ESPN3", it's basically the 5th choice. 2 CBS games (Auburn/A&M - Verne wants more Manziel; Georgia/Vandy), ESPN1 2 games (Arkansas/Alabama; South Carolina/Tennessee), then it's debatable if SECN or ESPN2 gets the next choices (ESPN2: LSU/Ole Miss)

Lonestar

Bad but Actually not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. End zones will be terrible though.

I wish ESPN would have a separate ESPN3 camera angle, from about that far back. It's like you're paying for Blimp Seats.

Say you guys take care of Clemson and NC State, and we take care of UNC and Wake....Gameday HAS to be in Tally on 11/2, right?

I would think so. If they're going to go to a Top-5 matchup with FSU and Clemson, I can't see how they'll skip a trip to Tallahassee for a Top-10 matchup between historic rivals. And I don't see why Miami should lose either of their games before FSU. UNC is in free fall right now and Wake Forest is Wake Forest, so unless it turns out Riley Skinner found a magical extra year of eligibility and decided to come back to school for his Masters, they will suck until the end of time.

As of current rankings, the only other ranked v ranked games that week are 15 UGA vs 22 UF (on CBS) and 21 Ok State @ 16 Texas Tech. There's no way they'd pick either of those games over a Top-10 matchup between unbeaten FSU and unbeaten Miami. They might even show up here even if FSU loses to Clemson. If the loss is close, it could still be a Top-10 matchup.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Sure, what did you want to change it to?

Edit:
lols, Ron Paul living up to his avatar again.

I changed the title at the top of the post but missed the time limit for it to change the title of the post: The University of Alabama: First Racist, now Politically Corrupt

And thank you!

Draxal

Only 8 points in the pick 'em this week but I'm assuming everybody else took a bath too. This will probably be almost everybody's dropped week.

HYPED FOR THE ACC GAME OF THE CENTURY ON SATURDAY! FSU opened as a 3 point favorite but I don't buy that. Oddsmakers are assuming Clemson's troubles with BC mean they can't beat FSU, but FSU struggled against BC too. BC is just good this year and nobody will believe it. I bet they finish 8-4 with their only losses to USC, FSU, Clemson, and VT. They should be able to beat everybody else and land 3rd in the Atlantic Division.

I'm all aboard the Winston Heisman train, Mariotta is probably the fav though.

Sure, what did you want to change it to?

Edit:
lols, Ron Paul living up to his avatar again.

The free market corrects almost everything!!!! Did you hear how private businesses are funding national parks to be re-opened? We don't need the government!

Donors could fund our service academy football programs too

Lonestar

BWjtj74IUAASA5a.jpg:large

jjasper left out the best one.

BTW: are we sure Florida isn't in this game too?

andycapps

There's only one team with gimmick unis in the conference. Surely a Georgia fan wouldn't be calling blackout unis a gimmick.

I definitely would, I don't want any part of them. We shouldn't need fake juice to win ballgames. We might need some skill position players though. :jnc

Piggus

I was in the 8th grade and I interviewed him for my school newspaper. Asked him about his Heisman chances.

I've randomly met Kellen Clemons (sold him a shitty wrestling game), Dennis Dixon (dorms), Dan Fouts (airport), Joey Harrington (buying slurpies), and Chris Miller (coaches at my high school). Never met Bill Musgrave or AJ Feeley though...

So I've met a lot of subpar to terrible NFL quarterbacks. I haven't met Mariota so maybe that bodes well...

Dennis Dixon was sitting right in front of me at the BCS NC lol.

1YiDR9Q.jpg

Quake1028

I would think so. If they're going to go to a Top-5 matchup with FSU and Clemson, I can't see how they'll skip a trip to Tallahassee for a Top-10 matchup between historic rivals. And I don't see why Miami should lose either of their games before FSU. UNC is in free fall right now and Wake Forest is Wake Forest, so unless it turns out Riley Skinner found a magical extra year of eligibility and decided to come back to school for his Masters, they will suck until the end of time.

As of current rankings, the only other ranked v ranked games that week are 15 UGA vs 22 UF (on CBS) and 21 Ok State @ 16 Texas Tech. There's no way they'd pick either of those games over a Top-10 matchup between unbeaten FSU and unbeaten Miami. They might even show up here even if FSU loses to Clemson. If the loss is close, it could still be a Top-10 matchup.

I'm almost rooting for you guys against Clemson. Almost. Would be the biggest game in our rivalry in what, 10 years?

I'm almost rooting for you guys against Clemson. Almost. Would be the biggest game in our rivalry in what, 10 years?

As hard as it may be, you should be rooting for us. An FSU win makes Miami's schedule stronger since y'all don't play Clemson this year.

The last time we were both this highly ranked was in 2004 when FSU and Miami opened the season ranked #6 and #5, respectively. We were #8 and #9 in 2003, and #16 and #1 in 2002.

So yeah, this will be a big fucking deal if we both go into this game undefeated and in the top-10 (possibly top-5 if a few other top-10 teams lose).

ACCACCACCACCACC!

Kevtones

Dennis Dixon was sitting right in front of me at the BCS NC lol.

1YiDR9Q.jpg

Fantastic! Guy was real friendly (unlike a lot of the football players in the dorms). Brady Leaf was a fucking tool.

Aaron Brooks was also in the dorms and possibly before your time made the infamous 'Game Crazy guarantee' to me.

I was in Barnhart obviously.

Lonestar

yPJL0yx.gif

Sure someone posted it, or saw it live, but I didn't :lol

Is it just me, or are we on last weeks topic too long?

Piggus

Fantastic! Guy was real friendly (unlike a lot of the football players in the dorms). Brady Leaf was a fucking tool.

Aaron Brooks was also in the dorms and possibly before your time made the infamous 'Game Crazy guarantee' to me.

I was in Barnhart obviously.

Weirdly, I've never actually met any Oregon players, but have met a lot of the coaches.

I have met some Oregon State players though. James Rodgers is one of the nicest dudes I've ever met.

Kevtones

Weirdly, I've never actually met any Oregon players, but have met a lot of the coaches.

I have met some Oregon State players though. James Rodgers is one of the nicest dudes I've ever met.

I'll never forget the time John Boyd calls up my Game Crazy two hours before a road game to make sure his Halo 3 pre-order is still good. I'm like DUDE THERE'S A GAME IN TWO HOURS.

Enfinit

How the fuck am I going to make it all the way to Saturday night? I already feel like I'm going to explode with pure hype and it's only Monday.
Just watch the Clemson/FSU highlights from last year's game every night before you go to bed. That's what I've been doing.

No question. It'll still probably be here if we lose to Clemson.

Top Bottom