• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

Enfinit

If Georgia blows this game to Vandy, I'm going to say that the Georgia meltdown is more entertaining than Texas.

Also, would a 4-3 Georgia still be in the Top 25?

andycapps

4 ejections and counting.
I'm guessing the SEC officials had a conference call this week where they said any time where there's any question, you eject the player.

It should be the opposite. Targeting should only be called when it's flagrant and without question.

impirius

Yep, the OL is really having issues today. Special teams are a big difference so far as well.

Where does Tennessee keep getting these punters?

andycapps

I... huh?
You read right. :p

No, the Gatas can't excuse their offensive performance on injuries. But their only strength is defense and when they get injured there, pretty devastating. Then again, doesn't upset me. Will be nice to have a week off for UGA to get ready for the game with them.

andycapps

I read it, but it didn't make any sense!
Okay I'll elaborate. Spurrier hates UGA and has since they ruined his Heisman season when he was a player. He cares more about that game than any other and has since his time at UF. South Carolina always seems pumped for that game but then they lose steam afterwards.

KingGondo

Banned
Sorry, *third down conversion. Man another half with no points and under 100 yards of total offense. Sad that we don't have 50 yards of offense
To be fair, our defense is actually pretty good.

We should be up by way more, too. We've left a lot of points on the field. Seems to be a theme this season.

Edit: Case in point. Jeez, our kicker is awful.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Okay I'll elaborate. Spurrier hates UGA and has since they ruined his Heisman season when he was a player. He cares more about that game than any other and has since his time at UF. South Carolina always seems pumped for that game but then they lose steam afterwards.

I think even before Spurrier, during Holtz at least, we always play UGA more consistently well than probably any other good SEC team. I think it's the proximity and the fact that it's the only big-time game before about now usually (and it's still always a bigger game for us than it is for y'all). By now we've had time to become complacent and lazy if that's what we're gonna do and we never handle our late season crunch (West + UT + UF) quite as consistently

Luckily this year Arkansas and UT should have both been easier than normal, but...

I remember it being reported that it was Vince Dooley taking a time out to run up the score when Spurrier was in the nfl. And then it compounded when Dooley helped Tennessee lead the charge against us in 84, despite UGA cheating in the exact same way.

andycapps

I think even before Spurrier, during Holtz at least, we always play UGA more consistently well than probably any other good SEC team. I think it's the proximity and the fact that it's the only big-time game before about now usually. By now we've had time to become complacent and lazy if that's what we're gonna do and we never handle our late season crunch (West + UT + UF) quite as consistently

Luckily this year Arkansas and UT should have both been easier than normal, but...
No question. South Carolina is always ready for the game. I think they consider it more of a rivalry than we do. But I think it's been even more intense with Spurrier there. You don't understand the hatred he has for UGA. And it's mutual, so I'm okay with it.

impirius

But Carolina has won a ton of non-UGA games. Against good teams, even! UGA is a big game, but it's not the only big game.

Neal really tried to throw it to Worley. Why do that so dumb
That was so crazy, I can't even be mad that it kinda worked

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No bigger burn than when a team you consider a rival doesn't consider you a rival back.

I still remember that shithead Jeff Fisher burning my Jags when we called the Titans our biggest rival.

andycapps

But Carolina has won a ton of non-UGA games. Against good teams, even! UGA is a big game, but it's not the only big game.

Hey man, just calling it like I see it. No offense at all intended.

Also true statements. I love the UGA game :p
I'm starting to like the game more actually. I wonder if I will like it as much when Spurrier retires.

Great playcall there by Murray to keep it and run in for the TD.

Top Bottom